CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   Interior is deal killer (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4302146-interior-is-deal-killer.html)

CaliforniaJack 07-28-2019 06:58 PM

Interior is deal killer

Mid Engine- check Dual Clutch trans- check Interior that looks like a six year old star wars addict designed it- Deal Killer ! As a pilot, I've used many instrument arrangements but they all show the important information and delete abstractions. The C8 dash and climate controls are a bad nightmare. I waited four years for this car and they killed it with an overly busy and irrelevant interior. What a shame.

Chrisrokc 07-28-2019 06:59 PM

Okay....

Hit the road Jack and don't you come back
No more, no more, no more, no more
Hit the road Jack and don't you come back
No more

mschuyler 07-28-2019 07:06 PM

Well, I guess you're done here then.

Zora_Vette 07-28-2019 07:06 PM

Smh:crazy2:

bhvrdr 07-28-2019 07:17 PM

Strange post

That said i wouldn't be surprised if the neverending single row of buttons isn't the first thing they change in the facelift. I dont know anyone who has said that strip of buttons is in any way attractive or intuitive

ATC399 07-28-2019 07:21 PM

Stick around OP...its your opinion...Thanks for sharing YOUR thoughts

TXshaggy 07-28-2019 07:28 PM

Climate controls...lol; put in in auto leaving the dealership 3 years ago. Occasionally use the seat cooling or change the temp, but let’s be real—not important to driving function.

Quinten33 07-28-2019 07:33 PM

Give it some time. It's far better than what the C4, C5, and C6 had, and It's certainly a step up in quality from the C7. Once people realize how intuitive the C8's interior layout is, they'll love it. The gear selector, Drive mode selector, touchscreen, and driver AC controls are all close together. This allows you to reach any control you need quickly and easily.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...4437bb86ea.jpg

harley2 07-28-2019 07:37 PM

Understand, tell us you get instead.

blackmagicZ 07-28-2019 07:38 PM

The cup holder might be a bit awkward for the passenger.

Dethsupp0rt 07-28-2019 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by CaliforniaJack (Post 1599857115)
Mid Engine- check Dual Clutch trans- check Interior that looks like a six year old star wars addict designed it- Deal Killer ! As a pilot, I've used many instrument arrangements but they all show the important information and delete abstractions. The C8 dash and climate controls are a bad nightmare. I waited four years for this car and they killed it with an overly busy and irrelevant interior. What a shame.

I was going to just let this go as yet another nitpicker . . . but what you're saying doesn't even make sense.

You're a pilot, and fly planes with controls literally strewn all over the cockpit. Yet, you think this is "overly busy"?

How is it "overly busy" when you have your typical controls on the drivers door, typical steering wheel controls, then the rest of the controls all in one strip on the center console?

Seems the opposite of "busy" to me. I mean, it's a little odd, because I haven't seen it done before, but "busy" is very far down the list of adjectives I'd use to describe it.

Reciprocal 07-28-2019 07:39 PM

It looks pretty enveloping for the driver but the passenger has to feel like they are being treated to second class.

Skid Row Joe 07-28-2019 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by bhvrdr (Post 1599857202)
Strange post

That said i wouldn't be surprised if the neverending single row of buttons isn't the first thing they change in the facelift. I dont know anyone who has said that strip of buttons is in any way attractive or intuitive

That long row of large unit selector buttons does look silly. Elevator floors, comes to mind. Other than the associated "Wall," the buttons perch on, it leaves open room for other stuff on the dash faceplate for the driver..

vndkshn 07-28-2019 07:42 PM

“The wall” is stupid and lazy design. Completely fine if you have no regard for your passenger I guess.

vocan 07-28-2019 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by CaliforniaJack (Post 1599857115)

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...3f8f980a60.gif

vocan 07-28-2019 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by vndkshn (Post 1599857341)
“The wall” is stupid and lazy design. Completely fine if you have no regard for your passenger I guess.

In other words, perfect if you're married...

Skid Row Joe 07-28-2019 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt (Post 1599857321)
I was going to just let this go as yet another nitpicker . . . but what you're saying doesn't even make sense.

You're a pilot, and fly planes with controls literally strewn all over the cockpit. Yet, you think this is "overly busy"?

How is it "overly busy" when you have your typical controls on the drivers door, typical steering wheel controls, then the rest of the controls all in one strip on the center console?

Seems the opposite of "busy" to me. I mean, it's a little odd, because I haven't seen it done before, but "busy" is very far down the list of adjectives I'd use to describe it.

They're not "strewn all over the cockpit." They're all categorically grouped. To someone unfamiliar with the layout - you could think "strewn all over....." I suppose.

MikeyTX 07-28-2019 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by bhvrdr (Post 1599857202)
Strange post

:iagree: ..........

ZeroDark30 07-28-2019 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Reciprocal (Post 1599857322)
It looks pretty enveloping for the driver but the passenger has to feel like they are being treated to second class.

“Coach”. It sounds nicer when we call it “coach”. Has a less impoverished feel to it. We don’t want to offend our passenger. Maybe they’ll offer an accessory Lexan shield to go over the button wall. Nobody wants gold digger fingerprints all over the HVAC buttons.

WalterSobchak 07-28-2019 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt (Post 1599857321)

Couldn't agree more....

The 73 NG is like getting to enjoy the past every day! I can't wait for the c8 and having an intuitive layout.. then again it's a car not a plane....