CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Van Bortel Chevrolet (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4355999-van-bortel-chevrolet.html)

number3 01-04-2020 06:53 PM

Van Bortel Chevrolet

Well everybody after 50 plus years of trading in and buying cars this will be the first time i will give a 5 star review of a dealership! I had 2 vettes an 04 and an 07 that i wanted to trade on a new 19. I reached out to 2 dealerships on this forum one got back to me and said bring your trades in and we'll have a look , well its winter and im not driving each car both ways so you can "have a look " . Now i'll admit i was skeptical that any dealer would even consider my trades unless maybe i hired someone or paid their guy to come out and look at the cars . Enter Van Bortel Chevrolet ! I contacted Matt Fagebaum through this forum i guess they are one of the sponsors here who had some ads up , i looked through them and found a 19 that i liked . I sent Matt a couple pics and a video of mine along with the vin's on each car. he asked a few questions about each car and i was honest in my answers to him . We discussed what i wanted for my cars as down payment and what he would give me for the cars , we met in the middle and made a deal with in a week (did i mention this was all through emails and not even talking to him directly ? ) We came to agreement on price and then i figured i would get the worksheet and there would definitely be some hidden or surprise charges somewhere on the sales agreement but no it was exactly what i had figured , doc fee $75 , not $200 $300 or $400 $75 . Everything was agreed there was just one hurdle to clear how am i gonna get my cars to upper state New York , near Syracuse and my new car to me on cape cod ? Matt had options , send 2 guys in my car down here and drive the 2 back or send mine in an enclosed trailer and trailer and drive the other back. I opted for the enclosed trailer . Again we negotiated the price of transport , and finally after all this I called and talked to him in person . Matt is a man of few words and after some of the salesman ive dealt with over the years he was like a breath of fresh air ! He asked me how i wanted to make the down payment took the info and said he would schedule the delivery , the guys showed up at my door at the designated time frame , we did the paperwork unloaded my 19 and loaded one of the cars in the trailer and drove the other back . The 2 young guys that delivered the car Zack and Justin were professional , courteous , and made every effort to make sure they showed me how everything on the car worked ! I have got to say i feel like i got great treatment through this dealership and would highly recommend Matt and Van Bortel Chevrolet to anyone looking for a new or for that matter used vehicle .Email Matt Fagenbaum !
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...3abd81d8ad.jpg
My 19

SingleTrackMinded 01-04-2020 07:02 PM

Congratulations on your new C7! Glad you had a good buying experience. :thumbs:

number3 01-04-2020 07:10 PM

The best buying experience in 50 plus years thanks !

919cw313 01-04-2020 08:08 PM

That is a long story but quite well told, Michael.

Corvette ED 01-04-2020 08:23 PM

Great looking car you bought!!!

Borntorun04/17 01-04-2020 08:34 PM

Congratulations on your new Corvette. I also bought my Corvette from VanBortel . In 17 I traded in a 2004 and bought my 17 GS . My dealings with them were great !! I did my deal over phone. Sent / emailed pictures of 2004. It was Feb / March and also wasn’t going to get car out of storage and drive in snow and ice just to get value of trade . They gave me a great trade value just by viewing pictures in email. I ordered my GS . When 17 came in in June I drove my 04 to dealership and drove home in 17. This purchase was the smoothest purchase of a vehicle I ever did!

They have a great Corvette show in summer I’m about 1 1/2 hours away and we’ll worth the drive.

Exact1 01-04-2020 08:48 PM

Congratulations on the C7, it is beautiful!

Van Bortel has a great reputation in Upstate NY. Many members of our local Corvette club have purchased there. Have fun!😁

TigerVette 01-04-2020 08:49 PM

That’s a great looking Sting Ray. (twin to mine except the red seats)

number3 01-04-2020 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by 919cw313 (Post 1600745752)
That is a long story but quite well told, Michael.

I tried to make it brief but a lot to tell thanks

number3 01-04-2020 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by TigerVette (Post 1600745916)
That’s a great looking Sting Ray. (twin to mine except the red seats)

i love the color as well as my spiral gray that i traded

number3 01-04-2020 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Borntorun04/17 (Post 1600745854)
Congratulations on your new Corvette. I also bought my Corvette from VanBortel . In 17 I traded in a 2004 and bought my 17 GS . My dealings with them were great !! I did my deal over phone. Sent pictures of 2004 it was Feb / March and also wasn’t going to get car out of storage and drive in snow and ice just to get value of trade . They gave me a great trade value just by viewing pictures in email. I ordered my GS . When 17 came in in June I drove my 04 to dealership and drove home in 17. This purchase was the smoothest purchase of a vehicle I ever did!

They have a great Corvette show in summer I’m about 1 1/2 hours away and we’ll worth the drive.

when do they have that show ? might be worth a trip .

R8Z51 01-04-2020 09:07 PM

Lovely car. I bought my Z recently and communicated via text and email until the very end. I hate playing their stupid little games.

Borntorun04/17 01-04-2020 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by number3 (Post 1600745954)
when do they have that show ? might be worth a trip .

I think it was in July. I usually give them a call around Memorial Day to get date of show. They also do a charity event at Watkins Glen track. I did that two years ago. Fun Laps on track. I think we did 6 laps and lunch. There was 45 Corvettes in drive from VanBortel to Watkins Glen. Both are great times ! :cheers:
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...2ed621291e.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...2576219aa6.jpg
First picture of Watkins Glen event and second Corvette show at VanBortel ! Picture of show doesn't even show 1/4 of Corvettes or area.

C7LOU 01-04-2020 09:42 PM

I didn't buy my car from them (bought from the folks in N H), but have taken my car to them for service and am very comfortable with them on any kind of service. Good people and completely trustworthy! I trust them 100%.

bondo478 01-04-2020 09:43 PM

I have purchased 2 vettes from Matt, the second one being my C7 about a month ago and they were both the most painless deals I've ever done with any vehicle. Matt and Van Bortel are just beyond fantastic! So many gorgeous vettes, low pressure, and they know these cars as well as anyone. They treat you like family, not like another sale. Matt also treats my 12 year old son wonderfully! They are equally as good after the sale if you need something or have a problem. Glad you had the same experience as I have there. I'm definitely not surprised you did!
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...b63a33ea47.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...b8fe506f5b.jpg

Jeffthunbird 01-04-2020 09:49 PM

I bought 2 there plus I have a deposit on a C8. You are correct on all of your points. The service dept is great too.

Borntorun04/17 01-04-2020 09:55 PM

Jeffthunbird, Did you pick up your C7 June of 17 ?

number3 01-04-2020 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Borntorun04/17 (Post 1600746093)
I think it was in July. I usually give them a call around Memorial Day to get date of show. They also do a charity event at Watkins Glen track. I did that two years ago. Fun Laps on track. I think we did 6 laps and lunch. There was 45 Corvettes in drive from VanBortel to Watkins Glen. Both are great times ! :cheers:
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...2ed621291e.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...2576219aa6.jpg
First picture of Watkins Glen event and second Corvette show at VanBortel ! Picture of show doesn't even show 1/4 of Corvettes or area.

looks like a great time , worthy of a road trip for sure

Vetteman Jack 01-04-2020 10:42 PM

Great looking C7 you bought and fantastic that you had a very good buying experience at the dealer.

TKgs2010 01-05-2020 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by number3 (Post 1600745508)
The best buying experience in 50 plus years thanks !

:thumbs: :iagree: Ordered my '19 ZO6 from Matt at Van Bortel, similar situation as yours. Sent him an e-mail late one night, first thing the next day he e-mailed me back. I told him I'd be ordering the car, he said he could get me whatever I wanted, so I spec'd the car out and he gave me a very competitive price. I had a very nice C6 Grand Sport that I had planned to sell myself, but when he asked if I had a trade, I described the GS to him, he asked me for the VIN to check the car out and told me he had "several" guys looking for a GS like mine and gave me a price better than I figured I could get on my own. We agreed on a price, then I called him on the phone, gave him a deposit and put the order in. It was exactly 8 weeks to the day from putting down the deposit to the day I picked the car up, mine was a cash deal and the whole process took about 20 minutes. Very professional, they know Corvettes and if they don't have what you want in stock, they have allocation to get it, and the Corvette Techs at the Service Dept are very good, one has a C6 that is set up for road course and can answer any questions you may have about your Corvette. Right now I'm loving the ZO6, but if/when I decide to go for a C8 ZO6 or ZR1, Van Bortel will be my first call.