CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   ((( VIDEO ))) : How NOT to drive a C8 Corvette!!! WTF ??? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4369767-video-how-not-to-drive-a-c8-corvette-wtf.html)

Corvette_Nut 02-17-2020 01:22 AM

((( VIDEO ))) : How NOT to drive a C8 Corvette!!! WTF ???

:willy:

Save The Wave,
Corvette_Nut

z06cop 02-17-2020 01:57 AM

Wow! Let’s just stop and turn around?

WICKEDFRC 02-17-2020 02:00 AM

Surprised they didn't smash off the mirrors.

(*Ugly color too)

kevine214 02-17-2020 02:55 AM

Guy driving the vette was a jackass just hit dead brakes and spun it around idiot 🤷‍♂️

NoSoupForU 02-17-2020 06:56 AM

Won’t be the last idiot driving a C8.... :willy:

CSEVEN 02-17-2020 07:16 AM

I’m sure the bikers chopped the video to make the car look like the jerk, typical click bait.

ShagVette 02-17-2020 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by CSEVEN (Post 1600973561)
I’m sure the bikers chopped the video to make the car look like the jerk, typical click bait.

Please show us on a doll where the bikers hurt you before.

Cenzoooo 02-17-2020 08:47 AM

Maaan. I thought I was going to get a Max Wrist video where the Corvette test engineer floors it and the two race through the canyons as the bike passes at triple digits.
This was just a discourteous k turn in the middle of the road.

Jimmy Squirrel 02-17-2020 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by ShagVette (Post 1600973697)
Please show us on a doll where the bikers hurt you before.

Omg, awesome...:thumbs:

Demnos 02-17-2020 09:33 AM

So the C8 driver stops on the road because he sees 3+ bikers hauling butt to catch up to him (and probably doesn't want to get fired for street racing). He then moves a little left to stop from having the guy screaming up on his right side from hitting him and then some guy passes him on the left too. I would have done the same thing. Just hit the brakes, let them all pass and hope that they didn't do something stupid.

shiumai 02-17-2020 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Demnos (Post 1600974124)
So the C8 driver stops on the road because he sees 3+ bikers hauling butt to catch up to him (and probably doesn't want to get fired for street racing). He then moves a little left to stop from having the guy screaming up on his right side from hitting him and then some guy passes him on the left too. I would have done the same thing. Just hit the brakes, let them all pass and hope that they didn't do something stupid.

Unless there's more to the video showing the bikers harassing the car driver; the car driver could have just slowed down gradually without hitting the brakes, moving over to the right a bit while signalling, to let the bikers pass. While the bikers should keep a safe following distance, that looked like an abrupt, unexpected stop in the middle of the road. I'd expect someone who wanted to turn around to do it when there's space to pull-over at the side of the road.
Making a u-turn on that part of the road also looked unsafe as it's on a slight curve.

vndkshn 02-17-2020 10:20 AM

So you are worried about someone hitting you from behind and your solution is to brake check them?

Brilliant.

ZishanM 02-17-2020 10:40 AM

Absolutely.

The bikers know he is way up there and are accelerating to catch him, as soon as the driver sees them, he wants to turn around and not deal with them. He tries to turn around (could arguably do a better job) and they're coming up on him faster then he can react.

More to the story here folks.

ZishanM 02-17-2020 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by shiumai (Post 1600974365)
Unless there's more to the video showing the bikers harassing the car driver; the car driver could have just slowed down gradually without hitting the brakes, moving over to the right a bit while signalling, to let the bikers pass. While the bikers should keep a safe following distance, that looked like an abrupt, unexpected stop in the middle of the road. I'd expect someone who wanted to turn around to do it when there's space to pull-over at the side of the road.
Making a u-turn on that part of the road also looked unsafe as it's on a slight curve.

I agree that it should have been a safer maneuver, but you have to wonder why he wants to turn around as soon as he sees the bikers in the first place.

saleentim 02-17-2020 11:02 AM

How are so many of you defending the corvette? That is a rhetorical question, as i know you are just the fanboys that see no wrong in the car.

It is very clear the vette driver is not paying attention at all to what is behind him and only is focused on turning around at no cost to whoever is around him..

Demnos 02-17-2020 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by vndkshn (Post 1600974397)
So you are worried about someone hitting you from behind and your solution is to brake check them?

Brilliant.

Did you watch the video? He slowed down ... he didn't smash the brakes. Agree that he probably should have just put his blinker on and stopped completely instead of moving the car at all. Why is it when bikers are being unsafe that people in the cars get blamed? I am all for "freedom of the road" but if a biker wants to get themselves killed being unsafe then that is on them and no one else. There could very well be more to this video as others have said but it sure looks like the bikers are the ones that created the unsafe situation. Of course they probably did exactly what they wanted to do since we are all talking about it.

shiumai 02-17-2020 11:22 AM

Before we go any further, let's just keep discussion/speculation to the video clip only. There may have been more to the story, but there's no point speculating about that. If the driver smashed on the brakes, a biker would probably be dead. He might not have smashed on the brakes, but I don't think that slowed down in a safe manner. If you want bikers to pass, you don't have to slow down much at all. Definitely not down to a standstill in the middle of a two-lane highway. All you have to do is slow down slightly (you don't even have to take your foot off the gas), signal, or roll down the window and wave the bikers by. You just do NOT slow down to a crawl and stop in the middle of the road.

The bikers didn't create the unsafe situation - they were following. It wasn't unsafe until the Vette slowed down and stopped. I didn't see anything that indicated that these bikers 'wanted to get themselves killed' - it seemed like a normal spirited drive/ride in the canyons coming up on a car.

vndkshn 02-17-2020 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Demnos (Post 1600974624)
Did you watch the video? He slowed down ... he didn't smash the brakes. Agree that he probably should have just put his blinker on and stopped completely instead of moving the car at all. Why is it when bikers are being unsafe that people in the cars get blamed? I am all for "freedom of the road" but if a biker wants to get themselves killed being unsafe then that is on them and no one else. There could very well be more to this video as others have said but it sure looks like the bikers are the ones that created the unsafe situation. Of course they probably did exactly what they wanted to do since we are all talking about it.

Yes, I watched the video. I saw:
1.) A biker riding down the road, he was not drastically gaining on the car in front. Was he gaining? Yes. Was he flying up on him? No. Were the bikers surrounding or harassing the car? No.
2.) A driver in the car weaving to the right of the lane and then suddenly decelerating (starting about 14 seconds) and then lurching to the left... in the middle of a bend. No signal.
3.) A driver in the car stopping in nearly the middle of the road.

How were the bikers being unsafe? It looked to me like guys just out having a fun ride and coming across a C8 by pure happenstance. Hell, I'd love to drive that road, looked cool. BTW, I don't ride bikes, so I'm not being biased.

vndkshn 02-17-2020 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by saleentim (Post 1600974622)
How are so many of you defending the corvette? That is a rhetorical question, as i know you are just the fanboys that see no wrong in the car.

It is very clear the vette driver is not paying attention at all to what is behind him and only is focused on turning around at no cost to whoever is around him..

Bingo on both points.

Demnos 02-17-2020 11:40 AM

I absolutely agree that there is fault on both the driver's part (who knows if they were scared about getting damaged or just not paying attention) and the rider's part (excited to see the new car or also not paying enough attention), I will however respectfully disagree with you on the point that driving in a "spirited" manner is not unsafe. Trying to catch up to a car at a high rate of speed is risky, just like driving at 100+ on roads in a car or street racing is also risky. Btw, I have several friends at work that are motorcycle riders and they get excited when they talk about taking risks and close calls like this so I guess that is my frame of reference. Too many distracted drivers out there nowadays...I am just grateful that the vette didn't take anyone out. This could have been a much worse situation