CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   Concerning photo (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4372226-concerning-photo.html)

Propspinner 02-23-2020 01:08 PM

Concerning photo

Don’t shoot the messenger just posting this for discussion. Anyone have further info on this? Not my photo and don’t know what Yohb means.
“Woodward” is close to GM tech center and a popular street to cruise if you are not familiar with the area. My friend has one on order and sees them all the time on Woodward.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...90b053890.jpeg

Zora_Vette 02-23-2020 01:09 PM

Things are bound to fail as with anything that is produced in large scale.

Propspinner 02-23-2020 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Zora_Vette (Post 1601008613)
Things are bound to fail as with anything that is produced in large scale.

large scale? How many have they made that are on the streets. Wouldn’t call that large scale.

Skytanic 02-23-2020 01:15 PM

“YOHB” means You On Here Bro? It a dumb acronym that punk kids you while pointing out cars on cruise pages.

Lashedup 02-23-2020 01:18 PM

Well that would be the reason they produce all those captured test fleet/preproduction cars to try and see where any remaining issues are. It’s an all new platform, new transmission and for Chevy new electrical system. There are bound to be a few teething issues. Hopefully none are too serious and warrantee takes care of the rest.

Goaty 02-23-2020 01:21 PM

Transmission seized, great. The DCT is my biggest concern about the car. Really hope this is not a sign of bad things to come.

Exia 02-23-2020 01:25 PM

You have a warranty for a reason and know what your getting into with a first year product, especially one such as this.

This shouldn't matter at all to any informed buyers.

RKCRLR 02-23-2020 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Exia (Post 1601008689)
You have a warranty for a reason and know what your getting into with a first year product, especially one such as this.

While I agree that the warranty will cover the repair one of the concerns is waiting months for diagnosis and parts while still paying insurance, etc.

CJ Willys 02-23-2020 01:32 PM

My 3-on-da-tree used to lock up too. Just get your gal to press the clutch while you line up the shift rods, even, under the hood next to the steering column.

Snake Slayer 02-23-2020 01:33 PM

Once instance of a CTF car. Check Rennlist and see how many PDK's have taken a shit at $25K plus to repair.

pewter99 02-23-2020 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Exia (Post 1601008689)

I heard that with C5 and C6 and C7.....and warranty doesn't mean shit to the guy waiting for his new car to get fixed (maybe) at the local dealership who just sold a few of these and the tech has no freaking clue. Then we have all the guys with bent broken wheels on the C7...overheating issues........folks who got fucked with the C6Z06 valve issue and GM ignores or denies its an issue. CF is a small portion of overall owners but the number of failures posted here is representative of bigger issues we never hear about

guess we will see...

thill444 02-23-2020 01:47 PM

It’s an all new car with an all new transmission. There will be some growing pains, no car is perfect. For people who are going to stress about this, then don’t be a first year buyer. Let them work out the issues and buy one in a few years.

klavrack 02-23-2020 01:49 PM

No way to know what the actual problem might have been.

Red Rochester 02-23-2020 01:49 PM

Oh no,,,The quarantine will continue forever now !!!

sprayer 02-23-2020 01:50 PM

So maybe this was the issue with all the camo cars that got towed and people were guessing what the issue was.

NotEnoughToys 02-23-2020 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by RKCRLR (Post 1601008700)
While I agree that the warranty will cover the repair one of the concerns is waiting months for diagnosis and parts while still paying insurance, etc.

They are not even out yet. No one knows why that is being towed for sure. We will know nothing until normal folks get these in their hands....

sprayer 02-23-2020 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by NotEnoughToys (Post 1601008838)
They are not even out yet. No one knows why that is being towed for sure. We will know nothing until normal folks get these in their hands....

​​​​​​The tow truck driver said the trans seized in picture.

bluan 02-23-2020 03:17 PM

Two things pop up from this as maybe noteworthy...

1. Unless this car belongs to a GM employee who drives a test car around, or someone who got a pre-production version of the car doing reviews like we have seen in the past week or so, this might be one of the first production cars in the hands of an early buyer. If the latter is the case, it means that some C8s have already reached the hands of the consumers. So hopefully pretty soon we will see some buyers will start showing their new C8s photos and experiences on the social media within the next few days.

2. Yes, we all know glitches do happen with a new car, but I sure hope that none of the folks here who are going to pick up you new C8s at the Corvette Museum encounter this bug on your long way home! - It would totally ruin the fun and experience if your new C8 stopped working in the middle of nowhere on your way home from the Museum. Towing the dead car to the nearest Chevy dealer and buy a ticket flying home would be a sad experience.

MCSeverino 02-23-2020 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by NotEnoughToys (Post 1601008838)

For all anyone knows, Chevy could have been beating the ever living shit out of it, or trying to intentionally induce faults.

Phil1098 02-23-2020 03:23 PM

The tow truck guy said trans locked up, that could mean any number of things. Could be a bad switch to get the car out of park.