CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion-34/)
-   -   96 Grand Sport (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/445551-96-grand-sport.html)

spierp 12-03-2002 10:08 PM

96 Grand Sport

Anyone know where to go via the internet to find out the true value of a 96 Grand Sport? If not the internet, where else can I look? I'm looking to buy, however, I want to make sure the value is right. :chevy

Hurricane_777 12-03-2002 10:25 PM

Re: 96 Grand Sport (spierp)

There's one going on ebay right now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1874040666

There's also Rogers, who seems hold title to every one that isn't privately owned. :D

The other thing I would try is the autotrader. Do a search nationwide and it should give you a basis to go on.

Good Luck! :cheers:

GS 163 12-03-2002 10:37 PM

Im looking for a GS too, I have seen prices from 22k-40k. I am going to get serious about my search after the new year. Good luck, they are sweet cars. :)

MongooseLT4 12-03-2002 11:32 PM

Re: 96 Grand Sport (JPLT1)

This was also a concern when I was getting ready to buy a GS. Most Blue Books such as Kelly's and many others will not factor in th limited production of the car. I was told a mint GS with 16K miles was worth $22,900 :rolleyes:

I asked around and there are blue books that pay close attention to Rare limited edition cars. THe one that I referanced was called the CAI or CIA book something like that (sorry i've slept since then) Anyways they told me the car was worth $29,900.

My advice would be to call your bank or insurance co. or just ask around I'm sure someone will beable to give you the name of a blue book with this feature.

Good Luck :cheers:
By the way they are worth every penny :yesnod:

GS470 12-04-2002 09:07 AM

Glad to see that another GS may find a good home in MN!!

When I bought mine in '00, I had spent about 6 months watching the GS market using various sites on internet as my primary source of info. This included the following sites: ebay, autotrader.com, rogerscorvette.com, and hemmings.com. I also signed up on the Grand Sport e-mail list at www.grandsportregistry.com which is another great source of info. In addition, this site has a classifieds section for GSs. You can also find them for sale in the C4s For Sale/Wanted section right here on this forum.

The internet is an invaluable tool for finding and learning the value of a limited production car like a GS. Best of luck to you and hope to see you at some events next summer. Keep an eye on the Great Lakes section of this forum for local events. :cheers: :cheers:

[Modified by GS470, 8:09 AM 12/4/2002]

GS919 12-04-2002 09:17 AM

Hello from a fellow Minnesotan! :seeya I would also recommend grandsportregistry.com as well as hashmarks.com. For classifieds try collectorcartraderonline.com, vettefinders.com and corvettetrader.com or do a search on 1996 Grand Sport for sale. For values try vettefinders.com or corvettemagazine.com. Good luck, hope to see another GS in MN. :thumbs:

stillthere 12-04-2002 10:03 AM

Anyone know where to go via the internet to find out the true value of a 96 Grand Sport? If not the internet, where else can I look? I'm looking to buy, however, I want to make sure the value is right. :chevy
no such thing as a source for " true value ". all the toes can do is give you an idea of where to start. these cars range in price as much as $15,000 from car to car depending on mileage, condition, options, area, time of year... find the high and low and find one in between. if this car is going to be a driver find one with 30k miles and save thousands of dollars. you be the judge. remember books dont buy cars.

oldtimer 12-04-2002 04:31 PM

Blue book retail value for a grand sport is mid 20's Look under Auto in Msn or Kelly blue book as a address for info

Gook Luck!!!

yoslambo1@cs.com 12-04-2002 04:38 PM

one just went through a auction in ct (newburg) it only did $18,000.00 they obviously didnt sell it.i think you will pay around 25-30k for a real nice one. :yesnod: you could just make a fake one like i did! :jester

Z Factor 12-05-2002 12:56 AM

What about this one in our own C4 for sale forum?
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=439416

MongooseLT4 12-06-2002 05:20 PM

Re: 96 Grand Sport (Z Factor)

I just remembered where I found the Bluebook you need for Rare cars.....

E-mail Roger's Corvette Center and tell them about your situation, David Jr. should e-mail you back with what the book is called along with a website Good Luck

:cheers: