CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Do you leave your C7 parked unattended (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4510495-do-you-leave-your-c7-parked-unattended.html)

Photomania 03-24-2021 01:29 PM

Do you leave your C7 parked unattended

Do you leave your Corvette parked unattended in public places? I’m sure I will eventually. But I bought a 2017 Stingray in November and it had only 1,100 miles. It’s in showroom shape and even smells new. So far I leave it parked unattended only at work where I can park it in a giant multi-level parking garage that probably has no more than 50 cars.

BAT 03-24-2021 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Photomania (Post 1603197280)
Do you leave your Corvette parked unattended in public places? I’m sure I will eventually. But I bought a 2017 Stingray in November and it had only 1,100 miles. It’s in showroom shape and even smells new. So far I leave it parked unattended only at work where I can park it in a giant multi-level parking garage that probably has no more than 50 cars.

yes, all the time. I drive the car often, which means to the store, shopping, to dinner, etc. I do the same with my Tacoma and sometimes we'll take my Wife's Porsche.... they all get parked unattended. Sometimes I even live dangerously and park next to other cars!!!

dvilin 03-24-2021 01:34 PM

Yes but I choose wisely where, certainly not in places like Walmart, etc.

RonC7 03-24-2021 01:35 PM

I even drove in the rain and parked at a motel overnight on the way back from purchasing my GS new in NJ.

It didn't melt!

Ron

BAT 03-24-2021 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by dvilin (Post 1603197309)
Yes but I choose wisely where, certainly not in places like Walmart, etc.

We have a local Wal Mart and I take mine there all the time. I usually get lucky and even get a front spot! So far, not one issue.

Gixxerman 03-24-2021 01:41 PM

Just use good judgement, but there are those who will "punish" you for having a nice thing they cannot, unfortunate.. but things happen. Just try not to overstress and enjoy yourself https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...125e1b32c8.png

JMoore5196 03-24-2021 01:41 PM

While most of can appreciate the humor in RonC7's response, the ability to be so ... well, 'cavalier' about our Corvettes eludes many, I'm sure.

I am planning a multi-state trip in two months and I would love to take my C7. However, the prospect of the car sitting unattended in hotel parking lots dissuades me.

Maybe that's because I was without a Corvette for 8 months while I found this one. I'm just hesitant to cast it to the elements and predations of others.

If anyone has a cure for this insecurity - besides 'Just drive the car!' - I'm all ears.

TxLefty 03-24-2021 01:49 PM

We take at least one long trip a year in the Corvette, sometimes 2. If you are going to be on the road for two or three weeks you're going to have to park it somewhere. I try to be strategic with regard to where I park in the lot, but it is what it is. So far no issues. I don't do valet parking.

wayback 03-24-2021 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by JMoore5196 (Post 1603197356)
While most of can appreciate the humor in RonC7's response, the ability to be so ... well, 'cavalier' about our Corvettes eludes many, I'm sure.

I am planning a multi-state trip in two months and I would love to take my C7. However, the prospect of the car sitting unattended in hotel parking lots dissuades me.

Maybe that's because I was without a Corvette for 8 months while I found this one. I'm just hesitant to cast it to the elements and predations of others.

If anyone has a cure for this insecurity - besides 'Just drive the car!' - I'm all ears.

Just be cautious and courteous where you park and most likely you will be fine. I take my 07 everywhere and in 247,000 miles no one has messed with it.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...6003a31f7d.jpg
Plan to do the same with my 16 C7.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...4e5971939b.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...44941e1ff5.jpg
Not much fun to own one if you're afraid to drive and enjoy it.

_zebra 03-24-2021 02:35 PM

your wife will never go anywhere with you in it if you plan on making one of you stay with the car everywhere you go.
it's just a car & frankly, nothing THAT special... just don't park like a douche (taking up 2-3 spots) or act all paranoid; that's what attracts people who enjoy messing with you.

orca1946 03-24-2021 02:36 PM

Yes ----- so how do you park it if you can't leave it "unattended?"

fumbling 03-24-2021 02:42 PM

I drove my C7 from the NCM to CA in 2017 and was worried about parking overnight but what I did was park in the back of the hotel out of public sight. Nothing happened other than having a great time going cross country in the fastest car I've ever had and not getting any tickets.

Walt White Coupe 03-24-2021 02:43 PM

This forum is filled with worry-warts. As a wise person once said, don't sweat the small stuff, it's all small stuff.

Kevin A Jones 03-24-2021 02:49 PM

There's no right or wrong way it's just that some of us like to keep our C7s pristine and go to great lengths in doing so, others not as much and then I know some whose C7s are little more than just transportation and while they would rather keep them nice they really do very little to accomplish such. It's all good.

jaki30 03-24-2021 02:50 PM

Yes.
It is my DD and I can't be concerned about whether I should go someplace or not.
That said, I do exercise some caution about where I park it. I try not to be too conspicuous.

fumbling 03-24-2021 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by _zebra (Post 1603197697)
your wife will never go anywhere with you in it if you plan on making one of you stay with the car everywhere you go.
it's just a car & frankly, nothing THAT special... just don't park like a douche (taking up 2-3 spots) or act all paranoid; that's what attracts people who enjoy messing with you.

I park my C7 pretty much anywhere these days but don't park it by itself away from other cars but always look for a "prime" parking space with a curb and leave as much space between the next car as possible. Ding-free since 2017!

_zebra 03-24-2021 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by fumbling (Post 1603197810)
I park my C7 pretty much anywhere these days but don't park it by itself away from other cars but always look for a "prime" parking space with a curb and leave as much space between the next car as possible. Ding-free since 2017!

same

Walt White Coupe 03-24-2021 03:34 PM

And never park it where someone can back into it.

saleen556 03-24-2021 03:35 PM

All the time. It’s not an exotic and many trucks cost more. I don’t even give it a second thought. Life is to short to worry about such things.

feastersss 03-24-2021 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by saleen556 (Post 1603198031)
All the time. It’s not an exotic and many trucks cost more. I don’t even give it a second thought. Life is to short to worry about such things.

WELL SAID, I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!! I'm driving mine to Texas and New Orleans sometime this summer and haven't even given one thought about parking at a Hotel...It's well insured!