CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C1 & C2 Corvettes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes-4/)
-   -   John Z news (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes/4522303-john-z-news.html)

Joemac8 04-29-2021 08:17 AM

John Z news

Very sad indeed. A fellow who gave so much to so many people he never even met. He as well as his family certainly have my prayers

From the NCRS forum:

...a few days ago over at the Viper forum.

This paragraph not so good.

" I am so terribly sad writing this meager tribute, and to think that JPH is now in hospice care a few miles from his MI home. He says his "organ systems are all fighting each other" and he knows the impending outcome. "

dcamick 04-29-2021 08:40 AM

No words....Tough News!

Tom Austin 04-29-2021 08:52 AM

Very sad news indeed. I'm thankful that I had an opportunity to meet John when I took a tour of the Conner Avenue Viper Plant back in '96! He's an automotive treasure, that's for sure.

Dad's '66 427 04-29-2021 09:06 AM

Never met, and only know of John through his posts here, and in the papers he penned...... Much respect, and thank him for his sharing of knowledge, always in a most respectful manner......

Thoughts and prayers to John, his family and all of his friends during this time......

tuxnharley 04-29-2021 09:32 AM

Damn. Much respect and prayers for a wonderful man. :thumbs:

dplotkin 04-29-2021 09:35 AM

John's absence is a big deep dark hole that cannot be filled, but mitigated by passing his knowledge on to those behind us. You older guys that we rely on, take care of yourselves please, the hobby and these old cars depend on you.

Dan

Geralds57 04-29-2021 09:49 AM

Sad news indeed. I was honored years ago at the St Charles MO convention, when John ask me if he could use some of my pictures in the upcoming edition of the restorer highlighting the convention. He had been way to busy to cover OP’s that morning, so I was happy to help. Prayers to you John.

smacota1 04-29-2021 09:54 AM

Sending prayers and thoughts to John and the family. Very sad news.

cv67 04-29-2021 10:05 AM

Prayers sent for John and his Family.

Tampa Jerry 04-29-2021 10:26 AM

I always enjoyed talking to John at the Florida shows years ago. In every respect, a true gentleman. He pulled through this once before, hope he can do it again. Jerry

Paul Borowski 04-29-2021 10:26 AM

...during the 10yrs or so of judging with NCRS I had chatted with him many times. Super polite & so knowledgeable!!! He was one of those car guys you spend hours talking with. Prayers for John & his family!!!

SDVette 04-29-2021 11:05 AM

Guys,

I recall a thread a few years ago where many were counting JohnZ as gone. Then he started posting again.
Let's hope for a repeat... and hold off on the condolences.

Sending best wishes for a recovery John.

Fred

Bluestripe67 04-29-2021 11:11 AM

That is sad new, but hopefully things will rebound for him. Dennis

Pilot Dan 04-29-2021 11:24 AM

John besides myself, you have a legion of folks that wish you well. I enjoyed talking Corvettes and flying with you out at Carlisle. For those who don't know, John is an accomplished pilot as well. He flew an MU-2 in addition to other aircraft and as you would expect was highly knowledgeable on that front also. Dan

GTOguy 04-29-2021 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by SDVette (Post 1603377886)
Guys,

I recall a thread a few years ago where many were counting JohnZ as gone. Then he started posting again.
Let's hope for a repeat... and hold off on the condolences.

Sending best wishes for a recovery John.

Fred

My thoughts as well. Wishing the best.

67's 04-29-2021 12:13 PM

Here's to a future recovery, whenever I talked to him, he was always a wealth of knowledge. I only meet him a couple of times, his knowledge can't be replicated.

R66 04-29-2021 12:31 PM

Amazing man without a doubt. Know for his unparalleled knowledge of Corvettes, Camaros, and Vipers. I am sure even more than that, but just the little bit I have read of and by him.
There are no words or awards that describe his wealth of knowledge and value to the classic auto enthusiasts.
My prayers that he will recover and return home for his family and friends.

Easy Rhino 04-29-2021 12:34 PM

I'm just a grain of sand in the Corvette community where guys like John Z are monuments, but he has always been helpful and kind to me as if I were as important as anyone.

His grace should be held up as a paragon of accomplishments, knowledge and willingness to share, and genuine gentlemanliness.

I pray for his recovery and the alleviation of any discomfort he may be experiencing.

You can't have enough guys around like him, and his goodness goes far beyond the Corvette community.

Westlotorn 04-29-2021 12:41 PM

John is the standard we should all hope to achieve. Thoughts and prayers for another miracle recovery.
Mark

rongold 04-29-2021 01:09 PM

John Z

A true automotive encyclopedia !!! Well wishes from NY.