CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 ZR-1 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-zr-1-discussion-50/)
-   -   Tell me what you guys think?? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-zr-1-discussion/4531545-tell-me-what-you-guys-think.html)

MR.LT1 05-28-2021 12:07 PM

Tell me what you guys think??

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/c...320979957.html

I know you guys will be honest. I have not seen it in person as I am in South FL, The car is in Atlanta Georgia. Seems pretty clean. What do you think is a good price with the mileage?

Stingray1967 05-28-2021 01:43 PM

Price for the miles doesn't seem that bad. But it is a really high starting point for miles. Ask yourself how many miles you'll put on it.

pappy.72 05-28-2021 01:56 PM

Based on the paint quality, interior quality, and the upkeep on the right maintenance listed that is a great buy. Looks real clean and taken care of. A lot of car for $15k.

JCSZ51 05-28-2021 05:19 PM

It looks like a great driver quality zr with the needed work done. That said, I’d put it at $12k. If they have receipts for all the work and the second top is mint add another 1-2k.

Natty C 05-28-2021 07:05 PM

I would be comfortable buying it based solely on the meticulous care that went into edging the walks. True story.

fxkenny 05-28-2021 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Natty C (Post 1603518544)
I would be comfortable buying it based solely on the meticulous care that went into edging the walks. True story.

Very astute observation. Attention to detail most likely follows into the other facets of his/her life, including the car.
The miles wouldn't bother me. That LT5 still has more life in it than any of us will ever use. LOTS of performance and enjoyment for the bucks!!
Cheers,

Z51JEFF 05-28-2021 07:55 PM

The car will easily go 200,000 miles,not a bad price.

la vett girl 05-28-2021 08:10 PM

Post pics when you get her home. :thumbs:

Crabs 05-28-2021 09:48 PM

Negotiate the price down a little if you can.
I'd want to see pics of under the hood and under the car, and I'd insist on hearing it run and if possible given a drive by the owner.
If under the hood is a coifed at his yard, it's a no brainer.

'Crabs

MR.LT1 05-29-2021 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Crabs (Post 1603519263)
Negotiate the price down a little if you can.
I'd want to see pics of under the hood and under the car, and I'd insist on hearing it run and if possible given a drive by the owner.
If under the hood is a coifed at his yard, it's a no brainer.

'Crabs

Have tried getting in contact but no response yet, we'll see. :lurk:

cv67 05-29-2021 03:45 PM

post in your regional section or here we have members worldwide who can look at it for you if need be.
They almost never look the same in person....Better to pay 15k or close if its had the right work done, stuff people skip (like suspension)..vs a 90k mi car for less $ thats detailed to the hilt & has a list of things people let go.
Condition>odometer reading every time

MR.LT1 05-29-2021 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by cv67 (Post 1603521946)
post in your regional section or here we have members worldwide who can look at it for you if need be.
They almost never look the same in person....Better to pay 15k or close if its had the right work done, stuff people skip (like suspension)..vs a 90k mi car for less $ thats detailed to the hilt & has a list of things people let go.
Condition>odometer reading every time

:rock::cheers:

MR.LT1 06-01-2021 12:08 PM

Update: I finally talked to the guy, He is a 78 year old retired Air Force pilot. He said he has owned the car since 2015 has put only 2300 miles since his 2015 purchase of the car from his college friend who was the original owner and an enthusiast that has several vettes. He seems pretty firm on his price. He says he has receipts for all the work he has done and he has spent about 10k since 2015 and maintenance and appearance such as newly wrapped steering wheel and the other things listed in the ad. Price wise what do you guys think? I would feel great paying 13,500-14k max. But I do understand you can get cheaper with a lot of work needed that has been already done to this one. Will be headed up there this weekend or Monday to see the car. Fly in and hopefully drive back.

Dredgeguy 06-01-2021 03:27 PM

Go for it before it is gone!

1985 Corvette 06-01-2021 06:02 PM

Good price for covid era private sales. I don’t think the prices are going south anymore, even on the higher mileage ones. They’re antiques now and if the rumors about DOHC coming in the C8 Z06 are true, that could bump prices on the “OG” DOHC ZR-1s. You never know when the ripple effect on car values will happen or what causes it.

Sounds crazy, but there was a time you could pick up a used NSX in the 30s (saw one for 28k in 2002), Testarossa in the high 40s low 50s and Gen 2 Viper GTS coupes in the high 30s. That pricing is never coming back. It seems like there’s been an explosion of articles/videos popping up about the C4 ZR-1 in the last few years. It’s getting a second look from a new wave of enthusiasts.

If I had to guess, sports cars like the previously mentioned NSX, Testarossa and Viper have moved into the stratosphere of used car pricing. With that happening, it excludes a lot of enthusiasts from the ownership opportunity. So what else is out there that can get me close to the fun I would’ve had in those other exotics that I can actually buy? I think cars like the ZR-1 fill that gap pretty well.

Long story short, get one while you can at a price like that, given our current used sports car market.

MR.LT1 06-04-2021 03:53 PM

Well as the saying goes.."You snooze you loose" I was trying to get it for 13,500 max he sold it full price today..Oh well good for him, the search continues..

longhorns05 06-04-2021 05:28 PM

There's a nice looking red/red 94 with higher miles priced in the mid teens that appears to be available. Check conesare2seconds posts on this thread, post #9 has a link to pics

http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33059

1985 Corvette 06-04-2021 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by MR.LT1 (Post 1603548609)
Well as the saying goes.."You snooze you loose" I was trying to get it for 13,500 max he sold it full price today..Oh well good for him, the search continues..

A few years ago you probably could’ve got it for 11. Those days are gone. No worries, there are others out there. Any Z that’s 30+ years old priced in the teens, and even 20s is going to need some work to make dependable. When I say dependable, for me that means it can drive anywhere in the continental US and back home to where you live, worry free and at any moment.

pushrod-v8 06-04-2021 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by MR.LT1 (Post 1603516738)
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/c...320979957.html

I know you guys will be honest. I have not seen it in person as I am in South FL, The car is in Atlanta Georgia. Seems pretty clean. What do you think is a good price with the mileage?

I think you took some bad advice from here and missed out on a great car.

I am glad the seller held out for their asking price.

Nothing worse than trying to get low balled on a perfectly good car.

Sports cars usually sell for a premium in the warm weather months.

Good luck!