CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-z06-zr1-zora-discussion-187/)
-   -   C’mon GM, I’m absolutely Bored! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-z06-zr1-zora-discussion/4532585-cimon-gm-iim-absolutely-bored.html)

2cnd Chance 05-31-2021 06:04 PM

C’mon GM, I’m absolutely Bored!

I’m hoping on some “real” information (a reveal?) July??? Somebody throw us a bone, please!

bcmarly 05-31-2021 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by 2cnd Chance (Post 1603530326)
I’m hoping on some “real” information (a reveal?) July??? Somebody throw us a bone, please!

I completely, and totally agree to the point that I'm looking at other cars. I don't mind waiting but I need to know what I'm waiting for.

oregonsharkman 05-31-2021 08:04 PM

I would typically call you guys a couple of whiners - but I totally agree in this case. We are nearing 3 model years production on a base model now.

As the "newness" wears off the base C8 and I see them around town and at every cars and coffee by the dozens, the idea of trading my 19 GS M7 is not quite as attractive as it was 6-12 months ago.

jbsblownc5 05-31-2021 08:14 PM

For sure, a bone would be nice!! I was think of greasing the hotel where the test mules stayed last time, ask them to call if they show up a gain...

yz250fPilot 05-31-2021 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by oregonsharkman (Post 1603530744)
the idea of trading my 19 GS M7 is not quite as attractive as it was 6-12 months ago.

IMO, your wide-body C7 is a much better looking car than C8 Stingray - keep the GS!

I'm hoping the wide-body C8 will change my mind since the C8 Stingray is too blocky and transformer-ish for me.

Aozora 05-31-2021 08:36 PM

I hope we get some news in July, some camo being taken off, maybe some solid info about the engine architecture.
I’m betting reveal of Sep 20’ish.
Have to keep in mind this generation will most likely be a 10+ year run.

rob62 06-01-2021 08:16 AM

They could reveal it tomorrow and light up the internet for a month but so what. You aint getting one before the next presidential election.

foreignbishop 06-01-2021 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by rob62 (Post 1603532003)
They could reveal it tomorrow and light up the internet for a month but so what. You aint getting one before the next presidential election.

You could be right with the plant now being shutdown for the next couple weeks -and that just keeps happening. I have ZERO, NADA, ZILCH, NO reason to believe anymore that this car will be revealed in 2021 unless it's in December. If it were going to be the first week of July or July at all then we'd have at least a months notice for all the individuals invited to clear their calendar's for that specific date. Two things stand in my opinions way:

1. Even Tommi at MM hasn't ruled out a 22' model year. I don't think any of us will until we're in 2021.
2. Even though I couldn't see GM revealing the car in the fall when all other automobile manufacturers are getting ready for the Q1 debuts of their 2023's. GM could debut the car as a 2022' with production starting in the summer no?

RapidC84B 06-01-2021 10:58 AM

I hope the car is revealed later this year as a MY23. I have a '21 HTC now that I can't fit in w/ a helmet. Kind of wish I'd kept my 1LT '20 coupe and tracked it out.

vndkshn 06-01-2021 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by RapidC84B (Post 1603532681)
I hope the car is revealed later this year as a MY23. I have a '21 HTC now that I can't fit in w/ a helmet. Kind of wish I'd kept my 1LT '20 coupe and tracked it out.

WOW! I thought you had sat in one with a helmet? How much lower is the inside of the roof on a HTC versus a coupe?

RapidC84B 06-01-2021 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by vndkshn (Post 1603532819)
WOW! I thought you had sat in one with a helmet? How much lower is the inside of the roof on a HTC versus a coupe?

Never got the chance... got a strong offer on my coupe and dealer was able to order me a HTC at the same time so I went for it. The HTC is only roomier in a very specific scenario where you are reclined enough to where your head would hit the b-pillar trim in the coupe. You have less actual headroom over your head. I cannot fit in the HTC without my hair brushing the headliner in any position (other than laying back further than I like to drive) and I cannot wear a helmet at all; period. In the coupe, if you're sitting such that your head is in front of the b-pillar trim you have more room over head. The blanket "the HTC has more room" that goes around on the internet is false. I was hoping I could fit in the HTC with my helmet, but it's worse than my coupe was. For my Z06 I'll be ordering a coupe and taking the driver seat to an upholstery shop to see if we can take 1/2" out of the padding. This of course all depends on how you're built. I'm 6'4" and wear a 34" pant and have a longer torso. But I'm 285 lbs and need to lose 35 to get back to my "normal" 250. If you're skinny and all legs then the car will fit you very differently. IF someone is obese they will sit high up in the seat and fit in the car differently than me.

Z0HS1CK 06-01-2021 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by rob62 (Post 1603532003)

Lmao pretty much. C8 stingrays are going to keep selling like hotcakes in the meantime.

vndkshn 06-01-2021 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by RapidC84B (Post 1603532995)
Never got the chance... got a strong offer on my coupe and dealer was able to order me a HTC at the same time so I went for it. The HTC is only roomier in a very specific scenario where you are reclined enough to where your head would hit the b-pillar trim in the coupe. You have less actual headroom over your head. I cannot fit in the HTC without my hair brushing the headliner in any position (other than laying back further than I like to drive) and I cannot wear a helmet at all; period. In the coupe, if you're sitting such that your head is in front of the b-pillar trim you have more room over head. The blanket "the HTC has more room" that goes around on the internet is false. I was hoping I could fit in the HTC with my helmet, but it's worse than my coupe was. For my Z06 I'll be ordering a coupe and taking the driver seat to an upholstery shop to see if we can take 1/2" out of the padding. This of course all depends on how you're built. I'm 6'4" and wear a 34" pant and have a longer torso. But I'm 285 lbs and need to lose 35 to get back to my "normal" 250. If you're skinny and all legs then the car will fit you very differently. IF someone is obese they will sit high up in the seat and fit in the car differently than me.

Interesting. I find in the coupe (haven't ridden or driven a HTC yet) that my ideal position puts me in a spot a helmet just doesn't fit. And I'm not as tall as you. I prefer to sit a little more upright than many people. I can recline a little and get more or less comfortable, but find it a bit of a strain on the neck after a long day.

I'd do the same thing with the seat, or swap them out.

lostsoul 06-01-2021 02:09 PM

yeah, its normally not a good time to introduce a new model when you dont even have parts to build the base model.. lol

Blvdbrawler 06-01-2021 09:21 PM

Yes...Any "solid" information would be nice. The YouTube videos are getting old and typically unreliable...…But they are fun to watch!

JerseyJack 06-02-2021 05:17 AM

Porsche unwrap the 2022 GT4RS IDK why GM willn't finally at least take the stupid LeBra off...

JerriVette 06-02-2021 10:17 AM

Since volume seems to be an issue wouldnt any normal business produce a more expensive model to improve average transaction prices?

why build a standard stingray from limited parts when you can build an upmarket c8 z06 and sell for 30 grand more.?

wasnt that long ago ferraris had wait times of a year or more. I think quite a few other high end desirable sports cars did as well.

certainly benefits existing owners as it keeps resale residuals up.

i believe we will see and hear more details of the c8 z06 as this year progresses.

honestly I was hopeful of a twin turbo charged engine more so than a naturally aspirated dohc engine.

i think ill have to spend more money and wait a little longer for the Zr1 anyway.

not sure and I look forward to z06 reviews to decide.

rumor is tesla has a 120 grand version of its supercar all lined up as well. This is gojng to be a battle royale and I dont think the hybrid twin turbo v8 s are coming out on top.

im not that impressed with the ferrari hybrid v8 over the f8 or 488...

i see the future as tt v8 or all electric...

who knows ....maybe the naturally aspirated doch flat plane crank Z06 will be so fabulous Im wrong on all counts.

i hope thats the case

Propspinner 06-02-2021 11:45 AM

“i believe we will see and hear more details of the c8 z06 as this year progresses.”

Wow what a bold prediction. You are really going out on a limb.

Aozora 06-02-2021 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by JerseyJack (Post 1603536410)
Porsche unwrap the 2022 GT4RS IDK why GM willn't finally at least take the stupid LeBra off...

How many hideous GT4 frog cars does Porsche sell? I don’t know myself but I’d be willing to bet nowhere near the amount of Corvettes that GM sells.
I’m sure the marketing people know what they’re doing, they don’t want the hype to peak too early.
They’ll leak small bits here and there for us small few who even know what a Z06 is.

BMadden 06-02-2021 06:38 PM

They can't even keep the plant open to make base Stingrays so how could they could ramp up to produce the high HP variants anytime soon? I'd love to see the Z06 announced in July and on sale early next year, but I have no reason to believe that's even remotely possible at this point.