CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C1 & C2 Parts (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-parts-59/)
-   -   WTB: 53 -55 seat track bolts (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-parts/4540853-53-55-seat-track-bolts.html)

68RPOL71 06-27-2021 12:49 PM

53 -55 seat track bolts

looking for a nice, correct set of seat track mounting bolts, to the floor and to the seat frame.

thanks for any help.

Fivepointfive 06-29-2021 09:12 AM

I may have what you are looking for: These are the mounting brackets that retain the seats from a '54. These riveted to to the vertical fiberglass behind the seats and to the floorboard. I also have the wire frames for the seats. I got the car from a guy who started an NCRS project and eventually folded the tent. I am going a different direction and building a restomod. (I know purest will throw up)...but essentially, I have the entire car--less the body, which will be for sale. This will include the chassis, steering , brakes, a bunch of hard to find parts including a rebuilt (and correct numbered) engine, transmission, carbs etc. I'm pushing 80, and running out of time, so I want to sell everything together, but I haven't separated the car from the chassis yet, but if the seat clips are what you need, I will sell then. In 1961,I bought my '56 for $765. Now 60 years later, it has 300,000 miles. Don't think I will get that level of use on the '54, and the entire build is DIY, so progress is slow...

68RPOL71 06-29-2021 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Fivepointfive (Post 1603658911)
I may have what you are looking for: These are the mounting brackets that retain the seats from a '54. These riveted to to the vertical fiberglass behind the seats and to the floorboard. I also have the wire frames for the seats. I got the car from a guy who started an NCRS project and eventually folded the tent. I am going a different direction and building a restomod. (I know purest will throw up)...but essentially, I have the entire car--less the body, which will be for sale. This will include the chassis, steering , brakes, a bunch of hard to find parts including a rebuilt (and correct numbered) engine, transmission, carbs etc. I'm pushing 80, and running out of time, so I want to sell everything together, but I haven't separated the car from the chassis yet, but if the seat clips are what you need, I will sell then. In 1961,I bought my '56 for $765. Now 60 years later, it has 300,000 miles. Don't think I will get that level of use on the '54, and the entire build is DIY, so progress is slow...

Thanks for the reply, the bolts i'm looking for mount the tracks to the Drivers side seat frame and the tracks to the floor of the car.

I could also use original dated shocks and a nice original battery tray.

thanks again.

csherman 06-29-2021 10:13 AM

The shocks can be ordered from Dan Patch
They are 2000.00 for the set

The seat bolts - use E head black phosphate bolts from Corvette Central
https://www.corvettecentral.com/c1-5...s%26count%3d45
The bolts are not judged as the carpet is over bolts and cant be seen
You can use these bolts for the radiator to the core support - which are correct

Hope this helps
Chris

68RPOL71 06-29-2021 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by csherman (Post 1603659203)
The shocks can be ordered from Dan Patch
They are 2000.00 for the set

The seat bolts - use E head black phosphate bolts from Corvette Central
https://www.corvettecentral.com/c1-5...s%26count%3d45
The bolts are not judged as the carpet is over bolts and cant be seen
You can use these bolts for the radiator to the core support - which are correct

Hope this helps
Chris

Thanks that is helpful.

csherman 06-29-2021 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Fivepointfive (Post 1603658911)

Let me know when your ready to sell it all - Thanks !

Fivepointfive 06-29-2021 11:58 AM

I don't know enough about how the forum works: Do I contact you direct or thru the forum?. I know I can sell the parts for more money if I sell them separately, but I'm not sure I have that much time left, so I will first try to sell the whole lot. Most of the chrome trim will go as well. Basically, I will use the fiberglass and hinge stuff. Already built a 4.8 LS. Need to shed 800 lbs from stock. Plan to get 36 MPG. I have a write up on the build if anyone is interested.