CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general-119/)
-   -   Rip dub (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general/4664011-rip-dub.html)

derekderek 08-21-2022 01:41 PM

Rip dub

new guy looking for somebody around charlotte NC for help. i told him to see DUB. his wife responded: This is from his wife, Lynn.

Dear Friends/Family:
My husband/best friend of 23+ years, Albert “Dub” Dubnicka, passed away suddenly on Monday, August 15th while working at his business. He was 59 years old. He is survived by four sisters, Marcia, Barbara, Kathy and Sue.
He was known throughout the Country for his knowledge and perfection to detail in the restoration/repair of Corvettes.
His work was his passion along with his great love of all his dogs, and he loved playing air guitar in his shop to his favorite band and idol, the great Eddie Van Halen with the Van Halen group.
He is now with all our beloved pets and family, who I know were waiting to greet him in heaven.
I am now in the process of closing his business, which will take many months, but I am so thankful for all the support I am receiving from business associates and friends.
Every day when I “talk” to Dub, I tell him this isn’t goodbye, but “see you later”. His spirit is free to pop in and out to visit, no more stress, no more worries. If heaven is at all the way our Wolfgang described it, he is now in an awesome place.
If you would like to do something in his memory, please donate to the Doberman Rescue of the Triad, or your favorite animal rescue or other charity.
I feel like half of me is missing right now. Never let a day go by without appreciating your loved ones – even those times when you are aggravated with them – every day seeing and talking to them is a blessing.

Bob K 08-21-2022 01:57 PM

RIP. Condolences to his family. One of the best guys out there. He was always willing to help everyone.

71 Green 454 08-21-2022 01:58 PM

Very sad to hear, RIP Dub. :sadangel:

gbvette62 08-21-2022 02:04 PM

What a shame, and what a loss. He was way to young to go, and he will be missed.

RIP Dub :sadangel:

Mod75 08-21-2022 02:27 PM

RIP Dub :sadangel:

hdz28 08-21-2022 02:38 PM

Well, that's a shame. Condolences to his family.

Tampa Jerry 08-21-2022 02:46 PM

What a loss to the Corvette community. So sorry to hear about his passing. Jerry

GTR1999 08-21-2022 02:56 PM

What a shock to hear about Dub
we spoke many times when he had differential issues He was always thinking out of the box
Very sorry to see him go

derekderek 08-21-2022 02:57 PM

at least he can get lessons from Eddie VH instead of just playing air guitar.

4-vettes 08-21-2022 04:34 PM

RIP Dub. My condolences to his family.
He will certainly be missed.

CraigH 08-21-2022 05:02 PM

So sad, RIP Dub, always a great help. ☹️

Kidster71 08-21-2022 05:10 PM

R.I.P. Dub.
You're Corvette Forum posts will live on forever and forever be used and followed :(

Mako72 08-21-2022 05:32 PM

R.I.P. :sadangel:

JBrooke825 08-21-2022 05:51 PM

I am very sad to be seeing this he was a big help to me . I had his number and could call him and he always would stop
and talk with you. He was a friend that I never meat. Thank you Dub for all your help.

1bdvet 08-21-2022 06:21 PM

:sadangel:Very Sad!

Jarhead 74 Vette 08-21-2022 06:42 PM

RIP Dub. :sadangel:
I had the distinct pleasure of meeting him in person twice and talking with him on the phone several times. He was a wealth of knowledge and super friendly!
He will be sorely missed!

Richard454 08-21-2022 06:44 PM

I'm at a loss for words-

I met Dub about 7 years ago. David Howard was driving around delivering parts and a halfway point was Charlotte.
Dub graciously said we could use his shop.

My wife quickly coined the phrase "My brother from another mother"- as his shop- like mine- was organized chaos
and we were like two peas in a pod.

Every year since- my wife and I would visit him at his shop while driving through Charlotte.
I'll will so miss the calls with him exchanging ideas- brainstorming whatever might work.

I know numerous forum members who he help out- spending hours on the phone- just because he could- expecting nothing in return.

A genius- with a heart of gold.

I knew he was sick- had lost some weight-but thought he'd just kick it- hell we are only a couple months apart... Damn!

I miss you brother- see you on the other side-

Donate- https://www.doberman-rescue.com/Elijah.php

John 65 08-21-2022 08:02 PM

Sad, R.I.P. Dub.
On the phone with him several times, very generous of him sharing his time and know how.
Condolences to his family.

60 SHARK 08-21-2022 08:20 PM

Yes,,, im also shocked and saddened to hear of his death. I too enjoyed the privilege of learning from him, on the phone, as he took time to be shure you knew what you were doing. He will be missed in a large way.

Torqued Off 08-21-2022 08:26 PM

Dub was a great forum contributor and I am certain he was one of the few that really knew Corvettes and was an honest hard working man…..something this country is in true shortage of. The best is behind us.