CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Southern Car Parts - Is It Really That Terrible? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/4680309-southern-car-parts-is-it-really-that-terrible.html)

Dasky 10-19-2022 02:23 AM

Southern Car Parts - Is It Really That Terrible?

I decided to buy the Billy Boat Bullets (I thank all the users who helped me in choosing).
Yesterday I tried to buy them directly from the B&B site but they asked for an exaggerated cost for shipping.

B&B asked me for $ 600 shipping (Fedex internationa) - I just ordered Headers and Long Tubes with LG Motorsports and paid $ 286 (UPS) shipping.

Having said that, I found the B & Bs with SouthernCarParts and the shipping cost asked by them (Fedex International) is $ 136.

Prices would be:
- B&B store: $ 1900
- SouthernCarParts: $ 1350

But I have found lots of bad reviews about Southern Car Parts, there isn't much recently but I've only read bad things about them.
What do you recommend?

RoadkingC6 10-19-2022 08:25 AM

I have also heard a lot of bad things about them, can't speak for other people's experiences with them, but i haven't had any issues and actually was treated quite well with a problem on one item i purchased from them years ago.

1bdvet 10-19-2022 08:38 AM

I bought several items from them over the years, and can't say I had any problems.

gdmoore01 10-19-2022 11:40 AM

They are a forum supporting vendor so that should help in answering your question.

If you order from them, be sure to update with your experience...GD

ominousone 10-19-2022 02:01 PM

I ordered their F1 shift paddles and all went well. I love the new paddles and the shifting, upshift on right and downshift on left, just like my G70 3.3T Sport.

z06clif 10-19-2022 02:48 PM

I have ordered many items from them without any hassles. One thing to remember ....they are a middleman and are at the mercy of their suppliers....if they have it.....you get it....if not....you wait. A cost of $136 to Italy seems a little off to me.....

Clif

Dasky 10-19-2022 03:55 PM

I don't know if it's too much. what i know for sure is that i paid 286 $ to receive Headers and Longtubes from LG Motorsports in Italy with UPS.
And 600$ only for exhaust looks too much.
West coast corvette ask me 1200$, more than exhaust price..that's crazy.

oldcanuck 10-19-2022 07:12 PM

I've used Southern Car Parts and never had a problem.
I have had issues with Fedex however.
They always want to charge a fee for taxes and duty even when it is not applicable.
Every time.
They hold your package hostage until you pay.
I have asked vendors including Southern Car Parts to use USPS whenever possible and that helps.
I am in Canada and that's for on line USA purchases.

VINAL13 10-20-2022 02:49 PM

If you notice the “complaints” usually come from the same batch of users who seem to complain about many other things, no names of course they (we) know who they are. :hide:

I have used Southern Car Parts many times over the last few years, most recently I purchased a replacement C5 console lid (yellow with the black embroidered C5 logo). In all, I would say they are just fine, and I would still recommend. Only “questionable” scenario I had experienced was on a return of an Extreme Xa Coilover Kit for a 2013 Camaro SS I use to own for track playtime few years back. Some of the components looked used according to a friend who was doing the install, so I called customer service for return and refund information. The info was slow forthcoming, but a full purchase plus shipping cost refund was eventually provided.

Dasky 10-20-2022 03:11 PM

Thanks to everyone for your advice, in the end I bought directly from B&B :Saluti:

i3oosted 10-20-2022 04:38 PM

Just bought stock repro bolts for a c6, shipped quick no problems.