CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Lambo door recommendations? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/4690243-lambo-door-recommendations.html)

vipervetteguy 11-25-2022 04:08 PM

Lambo door recommendations?

My cousin has recently purchased an 06 Corvette. He’s considering doing Lambo doors. Of course, some vendors are better than others. I’m here just looking for vendor recommendations based on your personal experiences. I’ve done the requisite Forum search, but wasn’t really satisfied with what I found. Please: I do not need to hear from anyone who just wants to critique the choice for Lambo doors on a Corvette. (Yes, I’m well aware that those members are just waiting to chime in!) Thanks in advance for any helpful input.

C6ToGo 11-25-2022 08:23 PM

Get the ones that are the same as Lamborghini uses now. They swing open outward and not upward. Oh wait....that is what Corvette doors already do. Never mind.

449er 11-26-2022 07:33 AM

Don't do it! :cuss

AgainstTheWind 11-26-2022 08:24 AM

There are better, easier ways to ruin your corvette

1bdvet 11-26-2022 08:28 AM

If you want Lambo doors, buy one, don't ruin your Corvette!

Quick Silver Z 11-26-2022 11:34 AM

Corvette owners that have "Lambo doors" don't like the term "Lambo doors", they prefer "vertical doors"...

link with install video

Link some welding required

rbwinston 11-26-2022 01:44 PM

Way too expensive, no return on investment. Don't ruin a nice Vette!!

87SAM 11-26-2022 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by rbwinston (Post 1605955457)
Way too expensive, no return on investment. Don't ruin a nice Vette!!

Is there anything we do to these cars that is a good financial return on investment!?

Geoff13IOM6GS 11-26-2022 02:35 PM

forget Lambo doors, get butterfly doors, much cooler

GS-2013 11-26-2022 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Geoff13IOM6GS (Post 1605955607)
forget Lambo doors, get butterfly doors, much cooler

forget butterfly doors, get suicide doors, much cooler

buckmeister2 11-26-2022 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by 87SAM (Post 1605955507)
Is there anything we do to these cars that is a good financial return on investment!?

there will never be a return on the investment, because almost nobody in the country will want to buy it. If he is going to keep it forever, then he should do whatever he wants. Otherwise, with "vertical doors", he will take an easy $10K hit, even if all else is perfect.

Patsgarage 11-26-2022 05:21 PM

I love threads like these. :rofl:
While I am not a fan of those doors on a Vette, the OP knew what was coming and nobody listened.

ruxvette 11-26-2022 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by GS-2013 (Post 1605955722)
forget butterfly doors, get suicide doors, much cooler

Now here's a real cool suggestion. Can ya just pitcher suicide doors on a C6? Damn...

FatsWaller 11-26-2022 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by ruxvette (Post 1605956640)
Now here's a real cool suggestion. Can ya just pitcher suicide doors on a C6? Damn...

I’m liking it. Put some hydrolics on them and you use them as speed brakes.

Rebob0510 11-26-2022 09:47 PM

Don't shoot the messenger, Its his cousins car if all you lambo door hating people would read the original post lol :rofl:

cadyshac 11-26-2022 11:31 PM

The hood opens backwards, why not the doors too?

GS-2013 11-27-2022 12:47 AM

Everybody is gonna want suicide doors on their C6. You get high speed braking, plus the aura of the mid '60's Lincoln Continental. Ease of entry will ensure you the highest resale value with our aging demographics.

This is the one mod that actually adds to the value of your C6. Show off your interior and out-brake your opponents at the same time. Whether you're a racer or a boulevard poser, suicide doors will let everyone know that you have arrived.

Simple child-like instructions make for an easy 10 minute (per door) installation.

MusicCityC6 11-27-2022 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by buckmeister2 (Post 1605956022)
there will never be a return on the investment, because almost nobody in the country will want to buy it. If he is going to keep it forever, then he should do whatever he wants. Otherwise, with "vertical doors", he will take an easy $10K hit, even if all else is perfect.

I love how all the purists say “If you touch it then it will be garbage and worthless and no one will want it.” Total BS. I go to car shows and cruise ins every week, 9 months out of the year. There are more modded vettes than pure ones at these events and even on the road everyday. These cars are made to be played with and even personalized. Mine is modded like crazy and gets lots more attention than most others. I have a list a mile long of “Call me first if you ever want to sell it” names and numbers. I’ve been offered ridiculous cash on the spot for it. Can I ever get what’s in it back? No. But that’s not why I did it and I’ve been offered way more than you would think. Does every Vette lover want my car? No. But would I ever have any trouble selling it for top dollar? Hell no. I see the gull wing doors on vettes all the time and think they look great. They get a lot of attention. If mine wasn’t a vert, I would seriously consider it. It’s your car. Make it truly yours if you want. As long as it’s done properly and tastefully, you won’t have any problem selling it, and for a decent price. Make a profit or your money back in full? Probably not. Not all decisions are based on money. The ROI is opening your garage and starting your car and driving it with a big smile on your face. That is priceless. And As Metallica put it “nothing else matters”.

DrKrieger 11-27-2022 09:51 AM

You know what's interesting about this post? I was contemplating the Vertical Door kit on my C6 because it would get the front of the door out of the way and make it easier for me to get in and out of the car. What say you? Yes, because of bone on bone knee issues it's very difficult for me to bend my knees far enough for easy maneuvering in and out of the car. (I'm 73 with knee problems from the 60's and my history of sports injuries!) The vertical door kit would help me in that endeavor. The kit allows the door to open, as you would say "normally" and also lift the door vertically, if that's what you would choose to do. As with MusicCityC6 my car is also heavily modded. Just to reiterate, my (Rebuilt Salvage Title) car won Best Modified at the All Corvette Show in Prescott Arizona in September, out of 49 Modified Corvettes in the class. I rebuilt everything on the car myself over a 9 month period of time. I too have had MANY offers to buy the car on the spot, and actually some offers were for more then I have in the car. So maybe there are reasons that someone would "modify" their C6 to make things easier in life. Just my thoughts on this issue.

Iowa 11-27-2022 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by MusicCityC6 (Post 1605957314)
I love how all the purists say “If you touch it then it will be garbage and worthless and no one will want it.” Total BS. I go to car shows and cruise ins every week, 9 months out of the year. There are more modded vettes than pure ones at these events and even on the road everyday. These cars are made to be played with and even personalized. Mine is modded like crazy and gets lots more attention than most others. I have a list a mile long of “Call me first if you ever want to sell it” names and numbers. I’ve been offered ridiculous cash on the spot for it. Can I ever get what’s in it back? No. But that’s not why I did it and I’ve been offered way more than you would think. Does every Vette lover want my car? No. But would I ever have any trouble selling it for top dollar? Hell no. I see the gull wing doors on vettes all the time and think they look great. They get a lot of attention. If mine wasn’t a vert, I would seriously consider it. It’s your car. Make it truly yours if you want. As long as it’s done properly and tastefully, you won’t have any problem selling it, and for a decent price. Make a profit or your money back in full? Probably not. Not all decisions are based on money. The ROI is opening your garage and starting your car and driving it with a big smile on your face. That is priceless. And As Metallica put it “nothing else matters”.

Was the same issue with the C5. As these cars age and fall into the hands of younger guys the mods are only going to increase. I have a neighbor with a red 07. He's in his late 60s and his car is 100% oem. I'm 40 with a black 07 and have dumped 15k into my car in 10 months. To each their own. I was able to buy a 100% oem car that was 14 years old with only 11k on it because so many don't drive or mod these cars.