CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   C8 Convertible Noise (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4695118-c8-convertible-noise.html)

flittlejr 12-16-2022 11:04 AM

C8 Convertible Noise

Noise from behind Drivers Head. Sounds like loose bolt driving down road, Suspect Top problem because noise goes away when top down.

Red Mist Rulz 12-16-2022 12:36 PM

Haven't had that issue. I'd suggest letting the dealer look at it. That's what the warranty is for.

RKCRLR 12-16-2022 12:37 PM

Does the noise go away with just the rear window down?

flittlejr 12-16-2022 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Red Mist Rulz (Post 1606035839)
Haven't had that issue. I'd suggest letting the dealer look at it. That's what the warranty is for.

Been to dealer for a day , took back 2nd time for a day. This time took in Wednesday and I'm going to pick it up this evening ar service dept closing, fixed or not. Will call GM assistance Monday to see next step. Qualifies Lemon Law but I love my Yellow LT3.

Red Mist Rulz 12-16-2022 02:11 PM

Try a different dealer?

flittlejr 12-16-2022 02:14 PM

That's what I planned if GMsays OK. Thanks Fank

PSzuch 12-16-2022 02:19 PM

As someone above posted, try driving with top up and rear window down. If the noise goes away, you have your culprit. I think I remember an old post discussing having to put some lubricant on the edge of the rear window to keep it from rattling.

Fishfryer527 12-16-2022 02:40 PM

Other than getting a louder exhaust or radio… maybe try to get a friend to drive and use an automotive stethoscope with and without an open tube to narrow it down to an area or a panel, mechanism. It could be a harmonic caused by wind buffeting only at certain speeds which is even more annoying. With the complexity and ability to govern you speed that this top mechanism has, I would not ignore it and would not go to the dealer again without some new information.

Bburr 12-16-2022 02:59 PM

Don't forget the snap on the little buckle that holds your seat belt. At the top of the seat.

tooold2race 12-16-2022 05:00 PM

Driving with the top up I had that rattle. Top down it was gone....

Took it to the dealer and it was fixed the same day. Apparently it was a fastener that came lose in the bulkhead of the folding top.

Problem solved..... (You need a different dealer.)

Cumbers 12-17-2022 08:00 AM

I had to put some GM grease on the window. Problem solved

flittlejr 12-17-2022 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by RKCRLR (Post 1606035846)
Does the noise go away with just the rear window down?

will try this morning. Thanks Frank

Chevy Cust Svc 12-21-2022 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by flittlejr (Post 1606035380)
Noise from behind Drivers Head. Sounds like loose bolt driving down road, Suspect Top problem because noise goes away when top down.

This is certainly not what we like to hear, flittlejr. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your vehicle. To do so, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: flittlejr/Corvette Forums in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com