CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   Quickjack (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4707944-quickjack.html)

blackvetterzo6 02-06-2023 03:08 PM

Quickjack

There having a Valentines special till end of the month, quite a bit off of there lifts , just a heads up.

Performance nut 02-06-2023 06:04 PM

Not just Quick Jack. MaxJax has a special as well. Different solution completely but in the same realm of vehicle lifting.

buickrob 02-06-2023 11:33 PM

5000TLX the way to go for our cars?

MarkMeHopeful 02-07-2023 12:44 AM

Yes, the 5000TLX or 7000TLX for a C8 (5000 is all you need unless you have vehicles over 5000lbs - 2-1/2 tons). The TLX is 66" long, which you need to reach all 4 of the recommended lift points. The TL version is only 60" long - too short for the C8. Others will tell you that they have the TL model and it works just fine with their C8, but that's because they had the QuickJack before they bought the C8 so they found a way to make it work.

Samuel Clemens 02-07-2023 08:30 AM

Wow thanks for the heads up on the car accessory sale for Valentines Day! My lovely wife will definitely love a new quickjack for Valentines Day! I think that gift falls under the category “for the wife who has everything”. I gave her a new set of wheels for her birthday. Where were you when I needed gift ideas at Christmas? Thanks for the chuckle of the day? Sam

Undy 02-07-2023 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by MarkMeHopeful (Post 1606242666)
Yes, the 5000TLX or 7000TLX for a C8 (5000 is all you need unless you have vehicles over 5000lbs - 2-1/2 tons). The TLX is 66" long, which you need to reach all 4 of the recommended lift points. The TL version is only 60" long - too short for the C8. Others will tell you that they have the TL model and it works just fine with their C8, but that's because they had the QuickJack before they bought the C8 so they found a way to make it work.

I bought my 5000TL knowing full well that it was a bit short for the C8, Reason being, my other car that I'll be using it on won't accept the 5000TLX as it's too long. As others have said the 5000TL works fine on the C8 and is rock solid. There's nothing needed to "make it work", Just ensure you use you rear jack point.

tsigwing 02-07-2023 03:39 PM

Argh. Don't need. Don't need. Don't need.

Great price though.

mnm4ever 02-07-2023 05:04 PM

I love having a QuickJack. Slide them into place and plug in the lines, the car goes up so easily, no running around trying to do one side then the other, no messing with jack stands. Then when I am done it all hangs up on the wall, takes up almost no room at all.

If you are working on your car all the time, then I could see figuring out a way to leave them on the ground (under a car, park over top of them maybe) then setup would be even easier. But even if you only use them a few times a year, it just makes things so much easier than jacking the car up and placing stands. I left my MR2 up on the lift for 3 months while I worked on the suspension. No issues.

Tim0shel 02-08-2023 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Undy (Post 1606243476)
I bought my 5000TL knowing full well that it was a bit short for the C8, Reason being, my other car that I'll be using it on won't accept the 5000TLX as it's too long. As others have said the 5000TL works fine on the C8 and is rock solid. There's nothing needed to "make it work", Just ensure you use you rear jack point.

Absolutely the most universal is the 5000TL unless you have an EV. I had an TL because it works for my other cars and when I got the vette on the jacks I lined up the rear and made sure the front wasn't on plastic part and worked perfectly. Actually recently I had the car up on them for almost a week and rock solid.

Vetteman Jack 02-08-2023 06:27 AM

Thanks for posting this - something to really think about as an addition to the garage.

dohabandit 02-08-2023 09:12 AM

Sweetie, I need to get you a hydraulic lift, ohh, and here's a gift card for Jenny Craig / Weight Watchers...

Yep, it's going to be a dry year.

Samuel Clemens 02-08-2023 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by dohabandit (Post 1606247385)
Sweetie, I need to get you a hydraulic lift, ohh, and here's a gift card for Jenny Craig / Weight Watchers...

Yep, it's going to be a dry year.

You better be able to duck and dodge that left hook quickly!

Tim0shel 02-09-2023 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Samuel Clemens (Post 1606247428)
You better be able to duck and dodge that left hook quickly!

I would say there is no dodging the bank account though during that divorce!

buickrob 02-14-2023 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by MarkMeHopeful (Post 1606242666)

Thanks!

dohabandit 02-14-2023 08:20 AM

If QuickJack support doesn't resolve my issue with my order soon, I am about to open up a thread here with pictures and full details.

I ordered my system early december. I still do not have a working quick jack.
The power unit they finally shipped arrived in a damaged box 5 days ago (styrofoam fully shattered inside), oil all over the place (manuals fully soaked), solenoid/valve on the side bent downwards, cable gland for power going into junction box extremely loose allowing wire to rotate (could be electrical short risk), 2 hydraulic lines appear to be "used" with trashed threads and greenish corrosion, one had plastic end cap cover missing (debris inside?).
2 phone calls, 4 emails, lots of pictures sent, still no resolution.

All I asked them was to allow me to open the electrical box to tighten the gland (without voiding warranty), and to blow out the line with compressed air, and if anything was failed to ship me a replacement. That doesn't sound like I am asking much.

DCV1 02-14-2023 03:24 PM

If anybody interested I have brand new, never even taken out of box, Quickjack hydraulic unit including all the hoses, connectors and blocks-original unit got damaged in shipping and they said they would send replacement but after 8 months I gave up and had original unit repaired and then they finally shipped replacement-as I said still in the original box, brand new-NOTE does NOT include lift frames!!! Lift frames available from Quickjack to match your car .In Ontario, Canada but as I said still in original box so can ship anywhere at buyers arrangement and expense-make a reasonable offer and it is yours

dohabandit 02-14-2023 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by DCV1 (Post 1606273852)
If anybody interested I have brand new, never even taken out of box, Quickjack hydraulic unit including all the hoses, connectors and blocks-original unit got damaged in shipping and they said they would send replacement but after 8 months I gave up and had original unit repaired and then they finally shipped replacement-as I said still in the original box, brand new-NOTE does NOT include lift frames!!! Lift frames available from Quickjack to match your car .In Ontario, Canada but as I said still in original box so can ship anywhere at buyers arrangement and expense-make a reasonable offer and it is yours

PM sent.

10mikeymike 02-16-2023 02:39 PM

For those looking to take advantage of the Quickjack Valentine's sale I just placed an online order for a 5000 TLX. I noticed an address issue and called customer service. While speaking to them I was told it won't ship until the end of March 😕

Mark9 02-16-2023 02:54 PM

Ordered the same. One of the three boxes is on the way. I'm in Mass so not real need yet.