CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   harbor freight foam cannon, what soap to use (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4789697-harbor-freight-foam-cannon-what-soap-to-use.html)

Jettcity1 12-09-2023 05:01 PM

harbor freight foam cannon, what soap to use

I recently bought the Harbor Freight electric pressure washer and watched the Youtube on the Harbor Freight foam cannon, both are pretty decent set-ups for home washing.
I have the QD disconnector so the Foam Cannon clicks right onto the pressure washer easily and should work great.
The question I have is what commercially available retail soap should I start with that is available at local places like O'Reillys or even a Walmart that will suds up and clean My C-8.
I have the wash mitts and plenty of detail rags and polish, I mainly want the pressure washer to blast off the wheels for brake dust.
I even have the leaf blowers and everything, just want to blast a nice thick layer of foam all over My beauty and watch the crud come off.
I have car wax concentrate as well as Super clean but I want to go easy on the car, it is new so nothing too strong.
Thanks in advance, I know there is dozens of types available.

switchlanez 12-09-2023 05:05 PM

Adam's Mega Foam should be commercially available especially at automotive specialty shops. You just reminded me I need to order the gallon refill (more cost effective than the little spray bottle that came included with my Adam's Foam Cannon).

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/s...rFdVJ&usqp=CAE

Missouri Vet 12-09-2023 05:06 PM

Harbor Freight also has Meguires soap for pressure washers and is what I use.

Purple92 12-09-2023 05:25 PM

I typically use Chemical Guys - Mr. Pink - seems to work pretty well. I've used Meguiars and while it worked - it seemed to take significantly more effort to rinse it off the car - maybe I mixed it too strong...

Zormecteon 12-09-2023 05:35 PM

The choices are nearly endless. Adam's, Griot's Maguiar's, Chemical Guys, on and on and on. .. ..

While I have a foam gun, but not a cannon, I really like both Griot's Foaming Car Wash, and Adam's Graphene Car Shampoo, but the decision is yours. Hard to go wrong.

GoldRose85 12-09-2023 08:54 PM

Whatever smells better to you ! :rock:

Red Mist Rulz 12-09-2023 10:47 PM

Lots of choices. I've found good reviews of, and had good results with, Chemical Guys Honeydew Snowfoam.

QuickSilver20 12-09-2023 11:34 PM

Best soap you will probably be able to find locally is Meguiars gold class, chemical guys Mr pink or honey dew, or the standard Adams car shampoo. All work great in foam cannons.

Mark9 12-10-2023 07:31 AM

Been using Maguiars hyper-wash. Good foaming with a cannon and excellent lubricity. Don't need much to do the car. Also good in a bucket.

dashotgun 12-10-2023 11:33 AM

remeber if you a cermaic coat use a ph neutral soap. I use either the soap from the cermic coat I use( gtechniq) or the chemical guys stuff adams is probably ph neutral as well

DerbyCity 12-10-2023 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by dashotgun (Post 1607320145)
remeber if you a cermaic coat use a ph neutral soap. I use either the soap from the cermic coat I use( gtechniq) or the chemical guys stuff adams is probably ph neutral as well

Mine is ceramic coated and I had thought that the foam cannon I bought was crap. Then I used it on my non ceramic car.

Kvou812 12-10-2023 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by QuickSilver20 (Post 1607319169)
Best soap you will probably be able to find locally is Meguiars gold class, chemical guys Mr pink or honey dew, or the standard Adams car shampoo. All work great in foam cannons.

I use Meguiars gold class, its readily available too, i.e. any walmart, etc.

SW-Vette-Dan 12-10-2023 08:12 PM

I use only Adams products, I like their graphene soap.