CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   Nashville Trip (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4799834-nashville-trip.html)

Victory2024@ 01-21-2024 05:07 PM

Nashville Trip

I am thinking to take my C8 Convertible to Nashville its going to be in Avril btw 24-27 .

I believe by April I will have my new Corvette.

So every year the owner takes the top producers of the company to Nashville .
We stay at Renaissance Hotel which is a great spot party, top of the line dinner with our wives..

But the roads are terrible,I drove to Nashville last year , at one point I thought I had a flat tire .

I am not sure if its a good Idea to take the Corvette .
Even my wife said last night you remember the roads ? you are going to have a heart attack . lol

Btw if you want a great time go to the roof Top at JW Marriott in Nashville have a diner its awesome .

See8 01-21-2024 06:43 PM

Sure. Take it there. The Corvette suspension will handle those roads perfectly.
It's a car. Made for driving on roads. I didn't find the roads there difficult or punishing to drive on.

Victory2024@ 01-21-2024 06:46 PM

True,after all its a car its made to be on the road .
I am also afraid of the rock chips from the semis .

JABCAT 01-21-2024 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Victory2024@ (Post 1607449451)
I am thinking to take my C8 Convertible to Nashville its going to be in Avril btw 24-27.

But the roads are terrible,I drove to Nashville last year , at one point I thought I had a flat tire .

I am not sure if its a good Idea to take the Corvette .
Even my wife said last night you remember the roads ? you are going to have a heart attack.

I drove my C6 Carbon Z06 from Dallas through Nashville to the Corvette Museum & back. My wife purchased the Museum Experience for me for Father's Day for $500. It turned into a nearly $7k trip because I ended up with 3 bent wheels and a new set of tires on the trip. There are no OEM Carbon wheels available anywhere, so I also had to buy new set of wheels (went forged). My wife felt so bad for buying me that experience at the museum.

I hit Nashville at night so I could not see the mine field of potholes I was hitting. I seriously thought I was going to blow out every suspension component driving through there. What absolute POS roads.

I wouldn't drive through there again with any of my vehicles, especially not my Corvette.

billclerm 01-22-2024 09:36 AM

Whatever car you decide to take , go the Corvette museum take the tours. Its a great way to spend half a day .

Snowwolfe 01-22-2024 10:52 AM

Head east on I40 for a day and drive the Dragon.

dvilin 01-22-2024 11:29 AM

If you have concerns and it is going to bother you while traveling then leave it home and have a worry free trip and good time.

craig1952 01-22-2024 12:10 PM

Tennessee is a great state I visit once or twice a year. The roads especially on the interstate have much to be desired. I drove a box truck to Florida when I moved here four years ago. I thought I was at an amusement park.

Victory2024@ 01-22-2024 09:08 PM

Agreed ,as matter of fact last year a friend of mine drove his Z06 to meet us there.
He said he almost turned around to take his car back .
Pot holes every where in Nashville .
Definitely country roads for sure .
I ll take her to Gatlinburg instead .
I am purchasing tire and wheels from a friend of mine he's got C8 just put wheels on his
for a spare .

GR8C8 01-22-2024 09:28 PM

May I recommend the following eats when you are in Nashville. Some of my favorites include:

Biscuit Love - breakfast
Arnold's Meat and three - Lunch
Husk - dinner
Peg Leg Porker - lunch or dinner - right around the corner from Arnold's if you dare to have back to back lunches like I did :willy:

thebroz1138 01-22-2024 09:36 PM

I picked up my car at the museum (in 2022) and drove to Asheville, NC. Bent one of my wheels on the way.
Bad roads in TN.

Victory2024@ 01-22-2024 09:40 PM

I like to go to JW Marriot roof top,I have a great server from Italy he's a top notch server .
Always sit next to the window .
Tip him very well .
He takes care of us for sure .
Not a breakfast guy ,but my wife loves breakfast .
I love Nashville party city for sure .

Corvette ED 01-23-2024 10:55 AM

April 25-27 the Bash is going on at the Corvette Museum take a ride up there for a day it's only 65 miles away

johnodrake 01-23-2024 11:16 AM

Roads must have deteriorated since I went in September 2022. Florida to BG interstate the entire way, roads were fine then.

Fast Dawg 01-23-2024 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by johnodrake (Post 1607454766)
Roads must have deteriorated since I went in September 2022. Florida to BG interstate the entire way, roads were fine then.

No kidding. My wife and I visited friends there in July and didn't have any issues anywhere we drove around Nashville.

JABCAT 01-23-2024 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Fast Dawg (Post 1607454952)
No kidding. My wife and I visited friends there in July and didn't have any issues anywhere we drove around Nashville.

Coming up I40 from Memphis was horrendous coming into and through Nashville up to BG. Arkansas around Little Rock also pretty bad.

walleyfisher 01-23-2024 01:31 PM

Coming down from the north on 65 is really bad,
Suprised I haven't craked a rim and the 4 trips I have made from WI to Bowling Green, then Nashville

SLWRNU 01-23-2024 02:02 PM

I 65 from Bowling Green to Nashville is under construction for adding an additional lane so not the best now and probably for the foreseeable future. Would try to avoid.

RJS91RGTP 01-23-2024 06:38 PM

My god, it's a car!!! Sounds like you are terrified of everything that a person encounters on a road trip!!! Maybe you should buy and drive a jeep!!

Vettes are great road cars and you might get it dirty or get a rock chip!!! Relax and enjoy the car on the road and not in the garage!!

jeffsmith2139 01-23-2024 09:30 PM

Just drove to Nashville today. 40 between Jackson, tn and nashville you might want to wait till they fix the major potholes on the actual interstate, road is torn up pretty bad but I'm sure tn will get on it pretty quickly. Was tensing up in an SUV, can't imagine any low profile tire and rim. 840 seemed fine.