CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Car Care Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion-10/)
-   -   Nicks ceramic coating wax (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion/4803191-nicks-ceramic-coating-wax.html)

JMills 01-31-2024 03:11 PM

Nicks ceramic coating wax

Is this stuff Any good? can you use it over an existing ceramic coated vehicle? It’s a paste wax that is advertised to enhance a ceramic coating. I sort of miss waxing the car, the old fashion way, and this would satisfy that itch ! What you say?

yamabob 01-31-2024 04:12 PM

Get the Gyeon Q2wax. Fluorine based ( great beads)

Gixxerman 02-02-2024 12:51 PM

+ 1,000,000,000 :iagree: or if you'd like infused pure wax try Wolfgang Fuzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax

MitchSpence 02-02-2024 04:10 PM

Kind of a misnomer, no? It’s either wax or a ceramic coating. Just asking.

BudgetPlan1 02-02-2024 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by MitchSpence (Post 1607488627)
Kind of a misnomer, no? It’s either wax or a ceramic coating. Just asking.

There's some waxes that are noted to be compatible with ceramic coatings like Gyeon Wax and there are also hybrid waxes that combine coating technology with traditional wax. Kamikaze's Infinity Wax is one of them:

KAMIKAZE COLLECTION INFINITY WAX 2.0
"Almost all of the cars detailed by KAMIKAZE COLLECTION in the Concours d'Elegance overseas are treated with MIYABI COAT and INFINITY WAX."

KAMIKAZE created an entirely new product category when they developed their original INFINITY WAX...The Ultimate Hybrid Performance Wax! With the updated Version 2.0, they have incorporated carbon nanotubes into the the formulation, providing additional durability and improved anti-fouling.

Utilizing 59% high grade Carnauba Wax, and 41% Japanese ceramic coating, INFINITY WAX 2.0 combines the best of both worlds...the amazing gloss of wax, with the durability of ceramic coating. Whereas most waxes will only last a month or two, INFINITY WAX is designed to last upwards of a year or more! For maintenance of INFINITY WAX 2.0, it is recommended to use OVERCOAT by KAMIKAZE.

INFINITY WAX deepens and enhances the colors of your car, and will look great on everything from bright white to pure black.

Used either as a stand-alone solution or in conjunction with a base layer of Miyabi Coat for added durability and protection, Infinity Wax 2.0 merges the aesthetic joys of a traditional carnauba wax experience with the outstanding protective qualities of a coating. Enjoy the clean and elegant finish that is unique to Kamikaze's Infinity Wax 2.0.

If applying on top of Miyabi Coat, wait 1-2 hrs after Miyabi application to apply Infinity Wax.

Gixxerman 02-03-2024 11:31 AM

Opps my bad read it fast on phone.. they would be fine, but step 1 for myself would be strip off the ceramic and start over with a good wax lol