CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   Time Line on Receiving MA Plates (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4810467-time-line-on-receiving-ma-plates.html)

RedEyeRipped 02-27-2024 09:55 AM

Time Line on Receiving MA Plates

Can anyone provide the typical time line on having NH dealership register and get plates for Massachusetts registered vehicles?

meesterover 02-27-2024 10:19 AM

Would be more advantageous to ask your DMV.

Swolejack 02-27-2024 10:21 AM

Took about three days from MM. Might have been quicker but the RMV was closed on
President's day and I think it was submitted on the previous Friday sooooooo...
(three business days BTW)
Also, just got my MA inspection sticker at my work (Lexus dealership in MA) and my
tech had to (temporarily) affix the front plate to the car because MA requires it.
The plate "fell off" when he was done so it's in the frunk just because.

RedEyeRipped 02-27-2024 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Swolejack (Post 1607567503)
Took about three days from MM. Might have been quicker but the RMV was closed on
President's day and I think it was submitted on the previous Friday sooooooo...
(three business days BTW)
Also, just got my MA inspection sticker at my work (Lexus dealership in MA) and my
tech had to (temporarily) affix the front plate to the car because MA requires it.
The plate "fell off" when he was done so it's in the frunk just because.

Appreciate the response. Submitted Tuesday the 20th and still waiting. Didn't know if it was typical but guessing the backup must be significant as there are others I believe in the same boat. Leave it to the MA RMV.

Enjoy your car .. warmer weather is coming.

rawbar 02-27-2024 11:34 AM

It depends on whether they mail or use a runner. The registry has an office with daily hours specifically for runners. After my experience buying a mini in NH where it took almost a month via mail, I did the running myself for macmulkin.

bob118 02-27-2024 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by RedEyeRipped (Post 1607567411)
Can anyone provide the typical time line on having NH dealership register and get plates for Massachusetts registered vehicles?

Just got mine last month at MM and took about 4 days or so, If you want a tip log into the Mass Registry and look up your registrations, there you will find when they process your new reg for your Corvette as you will see all the registrations that you have. Keep refreshing, I wore that site out for three days..LOL Enjoy your really close to it now!

RedEyeRipped 02-27-2024 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by bob118 (Post 1607567805)
Just got mine last month at MM and took about 4 days or so, If you want a tip log into the Mass Registry and look up your registrations, there you will find when they process your new reg for your Corvette as you will see all the registrations that you have. Keep refreshing, I wore that site out for three days..LOL Enjoy your really close to it now!

Thanks to all for responding. MM called this afternoon and confirmed they finally received the plates after registry took 6 working days. The journey begins … we may consider picking her up in the monsoon tomorrow:shrug:

Vetteman Jack 02-27-2024 09:51 PM

Good they have your plates. I guess 6 days is a pretty good turnaround.

Swolejack 02-28-2024 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by RedEyeRipped (Post 1607569545)
Thanks to all for responding. MM called this afternoon and confirmed they finally received the plates after registry took 6 working days. The journey begins … we may consider picking her up in the monsoon tomorrow:shrug:

For all the awesome reasons to buy a car from MacMulkin, not needing to go to the registry might
be the best part of the whole deal. (people from Mass. know what I mean)

steve8 02-28-2024 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by RedEyeRipped (Post 1607569545)

I did the running myself to avoid any delays.
I'd advise picking it up on thursday. Nice road wash today and better weather coming.
Congrats!

BruceV 02-28-2024 08:50 AM

I went to the registry myself as well. It went very smoothly in and out exactly 20 minutes. Plus MA registry takes credit cards, I get 3 percent back so saved $200.

RedEyeRipped 02-28-2024 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by steve8 (Post 1607570632)
I did the running myself to avoid any delays.
I'd advise picking it up on thursday. Nice road wash today and better weather coming.
Congrats!

Thank you sir - Actually picked her up this morning, drove to AE for another wash, paint correction, and full Ceramic. Take her home Friday - and looks SUNNY !

Originally Posted by BruceV (Post 1607570654)
I went to the registry myself as well. It went very smoothly in and out exactly 20 minutes. Plus MA registry takes credit cards, I get 3 percent back so saved $200.

Glad that worked out for you. Would have saved me some time for sure however its worked out, albeit after a frustrating wait. Enjoy your ride

Ken_C8 02-28-2024 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by BruceV (Post 1607570654)

Excellent point on the credit cards! I did the plates and registration myself at the Mass RMV and was pleasantly surprised with them accepting credit cards, especially with 6.25% sales tax on my Z06. I bought it through Ciocca and fumbled my way through the process of obtaining registration and plates so I could fly to NJ and drive it home. It all worked out but was a pain in the ass. The cash back on my credit card for sales tax was a nice little bonus.

steve8 02-28-2024 09:41 PM

[QUOTE=RedEyeRipped;1607571688]Thank you sir - Actually picked her up this morning, drove to AE for another wash, paint correction, and full Ceramic. Take her home Friday - and looks SUNNY !

Nice!
Enjoy the ride, although the first rides to 500 miles are tough.
Some crappy weather after you get home but Spring is coming!