CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   Phone Charging: USB C Super Rapid Charging with C8's USB-C port in armrest (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4823324-phone-charging-usb-c-super-rapid-charging-with-c8s-usb-c-port-in-armrest.html)

Z0Sick6 04-15-2024 01:08 PM

Phone Charging: USB C Super Rapid Charging with C8's USB-C port in armrest

Hello,

Does anyone know of a cable that does Super Rapid charging? I have an Anker USB c to USB C cable for my Samsung Galaxy S24 (and the iphone 15 uses the same) and it charges horrifically slow. There is no cigarette lighter to use for a traditional car charger, anyone have any solutions?

Thanks,
Mike

Glen e 04-15-2024 01:15 PM

you are aware that there is a traditional cigarette lighter port underneath the glove box in the C8?

RKCRLR 04-15-2024 01:16 PM

I tried to find out the specs of the "USB C" port in the center console but was never able to nail down the output power capability. It appears that just because it has a USB C form factor doesn't mean it is capable of fast charging.

I'm confused about your statement about there being no "cigarette lighter" in the car. There is an accessory port to the left of the glove box.

BearZ06 04-15-2024 01:29 PM

I learned that having my phone in charging "slot" between the seats won't keep up with demand when using Spotify and Waze, it will lose charge! I now use the USB cable connection in the console and don't have a problem. My phone does have an Apple Rechargeable case which I believe does slow the slot charging down.

BandDirector 04-15-2024 04:13 PM

I like this one a lot! It matches the GM OEM Lightning cable I was using before switching phones too!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Belkin-Bo...0&from=/search

BigKevO 04-15-2024 04:33 PM

I use the USB C port and an Amazon Basics USB C to Lightnig cable on my IPhone X while streaming Spotify and running Waze on my infotainment center and my phone still charges. I wouldn’t expect a newer IPhone to draw more while performing the same tasks unless you are using the screen on the phone for Waze. I love the fact that the infotainment screen can be split to show Waze on half of the screen and Spotify at the same time.

C8-Chris 04-15-2024 07:59 PM

I've tried the port under the center armrest and it does not fast charge. The wireless charger area does fast-charge wirelessly, and the 12 volt/cigarette lighter port will charge fast and super fast with the correct charger and cable.

BearZ06 04-15-2024 08:12 PM

The wireless charger won't charge fast enough to overcome Waze and Spotify on Apple Car Play, it actually lost charge on a long drive. No problem though when using the armrest port. Does the MagSafe case slow charging in the charging slot? I think it does and not just in the Corvette.

Eliredandblack 04-15-2024 11:11 PM

There is a 12 volt cigarette lighter type receptacle under the glove box. You would insert whatever type charger into it, and that would then connect to your phone. This is the same 12 volt receptacle found in almost all late model cars.

kenrobb 04-16-2024 12:52 PM

I used the center console USB port to charge my wife's Moto 2024 Play phone and was surprised when it said it was turbo rapid charging with regular cord.. Phone charged in short time.

LeJerk 04-16-2024 03:39 PM

I can confirm that plugging my Android phone into the USB-C port in the center armrest lets it fast charge. Says "Charging rapidly" on the screen. It also increased in battery level even when using Android Auto, Waze navigation, and a podcast app.

Walter Raulerson 04-16-2024 08:05 PM

Z0Sick6 Under the glove box there is a port that I use for my Valentine One it's on the left should work

Zormecteon 04-17-2024 10:06 PM

I picked up a fast charging (22 WATT PD type) that has usbc input and output. I leave it plugged into the port in the console. But when I need to fast charge my phone, I simply move the plug from that port to my phone. When I'm done I move it back to keep the pack charged up.

Cerulean 04-18-2024 05:51 PM

Marginally related rant: My iPhone 13 mini is not tall enough to reach the wireless charging coils in the built in wireless charger, So I had to plug the wire for charging

65nassau 04-18-2024 06:58 PM

Use Battery Saver Mode on Iphone, also summer heat and near engine not your friend.

Red Mist Rulz 04-21-2024 12:50 PM

I've used both the wireless and USB C wired charging with two different Samsung phones, and both will gradually charge with both Google Maps or Waze & JBV1 apps (which also downloads map data in real time) running at the same time. Using the OEM Samsung cable for wire charging.

As far as heat, turn on the AC. There's a cooling pipe running under the console to the back of the wireless charge that funnels cold air when the A/C is running.