CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Tech (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech-1/)
-   -   C5 corvette dies when slowing down or coming to a stop (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech/4828515-c5-corvette-dies-when-slowing-down-or-coming-to-a-stop.html)

Zachglenn 05-02-2024 09:30 PM

C5 corvette dies when slowing down or coming to a stop

Hey all! I have a manual 1999 corvette! Recently I had it tuned and it was running fine but started dying randomly. Replaced the crankshaft position sensor and fuel filter and now it starts and runs perfectly fine! But I started driving it yesterday and when coming to stops it started stalling. It did this at almost every stop and while slowing down. The last time it happened it took a while to start it back up again. Any ideas? Pretty new to this issue so sorry if it’s obvious!

Vetteman Jack 05-03-2024 01:52 AM

Moved to C5 Tech.

mmartinez 05-03-2024 09:32 AM

Most likely the tune, you might try searching for c5 idle relearn procedure and try that, if that doesn't help, you might think about taking back to the tunner.

Dads2kconvertible 05-03-2024 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Zachglenn (Post 1607773203)
Recently I had it tuned and it was running fine but started dying randomly. Replaced the crankshaft position sensor and fuel filter and now it starts and runs perfectly fine! But I started driving it yesterday and when coming to stops it started stalling. It did this at almost every stop and while slowing down. The last time it happened it took a while to start it back up again. Any ideas?

Generally any time you do anything to a vehicle and then that vehicle exhibits undesirable behavior you should go back and undo whatever you did so you can rule out your work as the source of the problem.
What problem were you trying to solve in the first place and what exactly was done when you had it tuned?

Zachglenn 05-03-2024 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Dads2kconvertible (Post 1607774371)
Generally any time you do anything to a vehicle and then that vehicle exhibits undesirable behavior you should go back and undo whatever you did so you can rule out your work as the source of the problem.
What problem were you trying to solve in the first place and what exactly was done when you had it tuned?

it had too big of injectors in it. So I replaced them with 50lb injectors and got it tuned so it works for them. After it was tuned it drove around just fine minus the random dying due to the crankshaft position sensor

lucky131969 05-03-2024 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Zachglenn (Post 1607774381)
it had too big of injectors in it. So I replaced them with 50lb injectors and got it tuned so it works for them. After it was tuned it drove around just fine minus the random dying due to the crankshaft position sensor

It would be helpful if you disclose all information on the car history instead of just giving enough information for someone to ask another question.

Zachglenn 05-03-2024 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by lucky131969 (Post 1607774636)
It would be helpful if you disclose all information on the car history instead of just giving enough information for someone to ask another question.

93k miles on a modded engine. Changed the spark plugs and injectors then had it tuned for the new add ons. He drove me around and it drove just fine. Then I drove it around and it started dying when slowing down and threw a code. Replaced the crankshaft position sensor and drives way better but now it dies when coming to a stop. Did have to replace the battery so possibly could need relearn. Any other info?

ipuig 05-03-2024 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Zachglenn (Post 1607774647)
Then I drove it around and it started dying when slowing down and threw a code.

Perhaps you should disclose to those willing to help and participate in your tuning misadventure internet troubleshooting session what code it "threw."

Zachglenn 05-03-2024 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by ipuig (Post 1607775692)
Perhaps you should disclose to those willing to help and participate in your tuning misadventure internet troubleshooting session what code it "threw."

P0335. Then I changed the sensor and it went away