CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Southeast (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southeast-42/)
-   -   shoptek (Marc) is in the hospital and needs your prayers (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southeast/571487-shoptek-marc-is-in-the-hospital-and-needs-your-prayers.html)

Mr. Wonderful 05-28-2003 10:13 PM

shoptek (Marc) is in the hospital and needs your prayers

Marc has been told he is in need of bypasses for 6 clogged arteries.

Originally the doctor told him he needed an angioplasty (balloon through the artery), but after examination, has discovered he has 6 clogged arteries.

He was not feeling well, which prompted his visit to a cardiologist. He is only 41 years old. He recently stopped smoking, which is to his credit.

The operation was supposed to be yesterday (Tuesday), but that's when they discovered the need for a more involved procedure.

Then, they were supposed to operate today, but the blood thinners given to him are preventing him from clotting, so operation has been postponed until tomorrow (Thursday).

Hopefully his blood will be clotting by then.

Marc and Lisa own a white 1971 coupe, have 3 children, and live in Hollywood, Florida.

I know everyone here, if you know Marc or not, wish him well.

Please chime in with your well-wishes :blueangel:

beachcat 05-28-2003 10:29 PM

Re: shoptek (Marc) is in the hospital and needs your prayers (Electron Blue '02)

Alan, thanks for the info. We had no idea. Please keep us informed of Marc's condition.

:blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel:

Fuzzy Dice 05-28-2003 10:32 PM

Re: shoptek (beachcat)

My prayers are with him... :blueangel:

GrandSportC3 05-28-2003 11:03 PM

Re: shoptek (Marc) is in the hospital and needs your prayers (Electron Blue '02)

VETTENV 05-28-2003 11:35 PM

:blueangel: :blueangel:

Tripleblack51 05-29-2003 07:39 AM

Re: shoptek (VETTENV)

We wish Mark the best and hope all goes well.

Please keep us posted.

Pedro

:blueangel:

MY 95 05-29-2003 08:07 AM

Re: shoptek (Tripleblack51)

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

isosceles 05-29-2003 08:16 AM

Get well soon! :blueangel:

L&L 99 05-29-2003 08:57 AM

Re: shoptek (isosceles)

:blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel:

vetteflame79 05-29-2003 09:01 AM

OURRUBY 05-29-2003 09:36 AM

:blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel:

VERTAGO 05-29-2003 09:59 AM

Re: shoptek (golfboy1)

My prayers are with him... :blueangel:
:blueangel: Mine too!

shoptek 05-29-2003 12:00 PM

Marc has been told he is in need of bypasses for 6 clogged arteries.

Originally the doctor told him he needed an angioplasty (balloon through the artery), but after examination, has discovered he has 6 clogged arteries.

He was not feeling well, which prompted his visit to a cardiologist. He is only 41 years old. He recently stopped smoking, which is to his credit.

The operation was supposed to be yesterday (Tuesday), but that's when they discovered the need for a more involved procedure.

Then, they were supposed to operate today, but the blood thinners given to him are preventing him from clotting, so operation has been postponed until tomorrow (Thursday).

Hopefully his blood will be clotting by then.

Marc and Lisa own a white 1971 coupe, have 3 children, and live in Hollywood, Florida.

I know everyone here, if you know Marc or not, wish him well.

Please chime in with your well-wishes :blueangel:
This is Marc's wife, Lisa. His surgery has been delayed one more day. The Plavix/Aspirin combo is still doing its job of keeping the blood thin. We are hopeful that tomorrow will be the day for his surgery. Please keep him in your thoughts. If any of youwant to email him-his address is: Shoptek@gbronline.com. Thanks!

shoptek 05-29-2003 07:39 PM

Re: shoptek (shoptek)

This is Marc's wife, Lisa. His surgery has been delayed one more day. The Plavix/Aspirin combo is still doing its job of keeping the blood thin. We are hopeful that tomorrow will be the day for his surgery. Please keep him in your thoughts. If any of youwant to email him-his address is: Shoptek@gbronline.com. Thanks!
[/QUOTE]

His blood work has improved-so surgery will be tomorrow-5/30/03. I will let you know how he is doing after surgery. Thanks for all your thoughts-I printed them out for Marc, and they really lifted his spirits!

Lisa

jackdaroofer 05-29-2003 09:31 PM

Good News!

I'll be sure to include him in my daily attempts to communicate with the ALMIGHTY

I am sure everything will be fine, sometimes life throws us a few curves

Jack

C3 Shark Tank 05-29-2003 11:21 PM

Re: shoptek (jackdaroofer)

Alan- thanks for the post :cheers:

Marc & Lisa- all the best and if you need anything let me know! I mean it! And keep us posted.

beachcat 05-29-2003 11:53 PM

Be strong Marc!

Lisa, thanks for the update.

:blueangel:

HTWHLS 05-30-2003 06:48 AM

Hang in there Marc! :blueangel:

aurik 05-30-2003 11:24 AM

My father had to have a quintuple bypass 5 years ago. He recovered quickly and is now feeling better than ever, but I remember that was the scariest time of my life, not knowing whether he would get through it or not.

Hopefully Marc will pull through this every bit as quickly as my father did.

GrandSportC3 05-30-2003 11:55 AM

Any updates??