CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion-34/)
-   -   Anybody ever "missed their vette"? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/583136-anybody-ever-missed-their-vette.html)

MagikDraggin 06-13-2003 09:17 PM

Anybody ever "missed their vette"?

I mean really missed it?

My '96 is in the shop getting a performance make-over.....it's only been 3 days and I'm already having severe withdrawal symptoms.

I'm left to drive an eight-year-old Accord FOUR banger of all things. Can anyone feel my pain here?

DDSLT5 06-13-2003 09:20 PM

Re: Anybody ever "missed their vette"? (MagikDraggin)

Oh I feel your pain, to be sure. Been without mine for 2 months now, and it hurts!! I know of another intrepid guy who hasn't driven his ZR-1 for 2 years now due to ever changing modifications menu - but it is due soon, as is mine - try to think about something else - if possible!! :seeya

FD2BLK 06-13-2003 09:27 PM

I feel your pain, mine has had the motor out for 3 months and I couldn't get a hoist with a long enough boom for instalation this week end so looks like it will be at least another week of no vette.:cry :sad:

I am thinking of placing an add on a milk box.

Has any one seen this car it was last seen on April 6 2003.

-=Jeff=- 06-13-2003 09:51 PM

Re: Anybody ever "missed their vette"? (ejfagala)

I go through every winter.. it sit in the garage from Nov to Mar

Torch Red 06-13-2003 09:56 PM

I mean really missed it?

My '96 is in the shop getting a performance make-over.....it's only been 3 days and I'm already having severe withdrawal symptoms.

I'm left to drive an eight-year-old Accord FOUR banger of all things. Can anyone feel my pain here?
I absolutely feel you pain ... and your GOLD pkg on the Ricer would be the real bummer for me. J/K

:jester

Seriously just think how cool it will be driving ... after it comes out of the mad science laboraory ... An Laboratory that is very well strstegically hidden I may add.

:lolg: :lolg: :lolg:

[Modified by 96TorchRedCoupe, 8:59 PM 6/13/2003]

TIMSPEED 06-13-2003 10:51 PM

Re: Anybody ever "missed their vette"? (96TorchRedCoupe)

Haha, I haven't even SAT in my vette Since January 1st. :( Hopefully it'll be done soon though.

joeveto 06-13-2003 10:56 PM

I feel your pain. Every winter, my cars go down.

But last summer, with just the C-3, I was miserable. I had the engine out from late April until mid October. No joke. I was a basket case.

Wadoka 06-13-2003 11:35 PM

Re: Anybody ever "missed their vette"? (joeveto)

Yup. I sold my '93 two weeks ago. And I drive a 1.6L Corolla daily as a commuter car.

I'm in severe withdrawal...but next weekend, I'm back into the 'Vette world. I'm buyng another car from a Forum member in Cincinnati.

rocketfinger 06-13-2003 11:52 PM

Re: Anybody ever "missed their vette"? (DDSLT5)

I know of another intrepid guy who hasn't driven his ZR-1 for 2 years now due to ever changing modifications menu
:eek: I'd be in a rubber room, gibbering incoherently and slobbering. I may already be a bit closer to that than most guys, though...

MagikDraggin 06-14-2003 02:19 AM

Re: Anybody ever "missed their vette"? (rocketfinger)

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know of another intrepid guy who hasn't driven his ZR-1 for 2 years now due to ever changing modifications menu
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dayum! And I thought the three weeks or so mine would be gone is "cruel and inhuman punishment".

After reading some of you guy's separations, which are lasting into the months and even years, I now feel like I should be sympathizing with Y'ALL. I hope mine is a one-time shot and when it's done, it's done.

After a month of driving that gutless 4 cylinder, the vette will seem like it's jet propelled. :auto: :yesnod:

MagikDraggin 06-14-2003 02:23 AM

Quote:
"I absolutely feel you pain ... and your GOLD pkg on the Ricer would be the real bummer for me. J/K"
____________________________ _ _ _

And you behave yourself "96 Torch Red".....I know where you live, heh, heh, heh. :yesnod:

383 Stroker 06-14-2003 03:01 AM

I know the feeling all too well!

When I got the Vette repainted and had the Greenwood kit installed she was in the shop for 3 months.

When I had the engine built and the rest of the other performance mods done at the same time, she was at the Vette Doctors for 6 months.

When I had the fiasco with the tuner in Atlanta, she was in the shop for 1 and 1/2 years! :eek:

So for those of you who don't have your cars for a couple of days, don't sweat the small stuff. It could be worse! :yesnod:

Torch Red 06-14-2003 07:57 AM

Quote:
"I absolutely feel you pain ... and your GOLD pkg on the Ricer would be the real bummer for me. J/K"
____________________________ _ _ _

And you behave yourself "96 Torch Red".....I know where you live, heh, heh, heh. :yesnod:
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

:lolg: :lolg: :lolg:

SonnyinVA 06-14-2003 10:31 AM

yep, my car has been down sice october...
the plan was to have it back up and running by april but that's another story. (see post about AFR).

GrandSportC3 06-14-2003 10:41 AM

Well - I have 3 Vettes.. If one is in the shop.. I just drive one of the other ones :D :D :D

dburgjohn 06-14-2003 11:03 AM

Worst than Gone

You know what is worst than having it gone? Having it sitting there, ready to run, fully cleaned and polished and THE STUPID RAIN WON'T QUIT :mad

MagikDraggin 06-14-2003 01:17 PM

Re: Worst than Gone (dburgjohn)

Quote:
"You know what is worse than having it gone? Having it sitting there, ready to run, fully cleaned and polished and THE STUPID RAIN WON'T QUIT :mad "
________________________________ _ _ _

Yeah, but just like when your vette is all cooped up in the garage during winter...at least you can mosey out anytime you want and sit in it, stroke its smooth finish, or even fire it up.

When it's out of sight but not out of mind, ahhhhhh, the pain...

If this goes on for too long, I just might have to do like that one dude says he does....when his vette is in the shop, he goes out and drives one of the "other" vettes he has. Must really be nice, huh?

For now, it's just gonna have to be, "me and my Honda" :sad:

dtorc4 06-15-2003 04:54 PM

I think I can take the cake on this one I have been w/out my Vette since last October, when I pulled the old engine out and installed the new one, but couldn't get it running. Now that it is running, I'm stuck in the middle of the freakin' desert!!! As a matter of fact, I spoke w/ my wife yesterday, and she said she got to drive it (can't pay the mech until the end of the week), and that it has so much power that she "could barely touch the gas pedal without peeling out"!!! I was thinking about it so much last night that I couldn't get to sleep until about 10:30 this morning! :sad:

I want to :steering: my Vette so bad, but I'll just have to wait and let my wife enjoy it for me! :banghead: :banghead:

J Z06 06-15-2003 07:31 PM

Anybody ever "missed their vette"?

Sure

Mine was at LPE twice. Both for periods longer than two months(installation of the 383 took nearly six months and the re-tune took over a month and a half). I swear, the summer the motor went in, I saw sooo many Vettes cruising by the beach. Lots more vettes at car shows etc.

Lately, I've been driving it instead of fixing it :)

OURRUBY 06-15-2003 09:53 PM

When we started looking for a Ruby convertible, I put my 75 up for sale by placing a sign in its rear window. It sold to the first person looking at it and he actually followed me to my house as he was from out of town. Took 2 months to find OUR RUBY, they were the loooooongest 2 months of my life :yesnod: