CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-tech-performance-3/)
-   -   I finally did it! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-tech-performance/614330-i-finally-did-it.html)

shotgun_000 07-27-2003 01:33 PM

I finally did it!

I broke the 5 second barrier! :party: :party:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/123641/0-60.jpg

Yeah, those of you with the AR 383's are probably going :rolleyes: :lol:

Next goal, and more expensive, break the 4 second barrier. :cheers:

One question - If I am able to run 0-60mph in less than 5 seconds, how come I don't have the slightest hint of wheel spin? Seems like with roughly 300hp the tires would at least chirp the P255's, but then again I'm not complaining. Traction could help me beat faster cars off the line :thumbs:

shotgun_000 07-27-2003 01:44 PM

Re: I finally did it! (shotgun_000)

One more question.

The last time I run G-Tech, my best was 5.1 seconds, and I did several runs.
I have made no modifications to the engine since that time, about a month ago.

The engine has about 8,000 miles on it so I expect it to be fully broke in. The weather today was worse than during the last run I made: Mid 80's, with very high humidity.

The only thing that is different than past runs is the grade of gasoline I'm using. I used to use 93, since I was unsure of the exact compression ratio. Since I had no pinging, I decided to try 87 Octane two weeks ago. Everything is still good, no pinging with 87.

As weird as this sounds, could the extra power come from using a grade of gasoline more suitable to my compression ratio?

QuickVet 07-27-2003 05:10 PM

I can break the 4 second barrier :D Dont know how accurate it is but i do recall do that.

Corey_68 07-27-2003 05:12 PM

Re: I finally did it! (QuickVet)

I can break the 4 second barrier :D Dont know how accurate it is but i do recall do that.
If you have ANY wheel spin it throws off the time to some extent. :yesnod:

shotgun_000 07-27-2003 05:48 PM

I can break the 4 second barrier
You suck! :p: :jester

If I ever hit the lottery, maybe I can afford to break it :lol:

SCVetteGuy 07-27-2003 06:06 PM

Nice job Shotgun!!! :thumbs: We need someone in Spartanburg with a fast C3, b/c mine definitely isn't!!!!

Shotgun, I was wondering where you do your tests at. I'm trying to find a good place to test mine with the G-tech.

[Modified by SCVetteGuy, 5:12 PM 7/27/2003]

QuickVet 07-27-2003 06:29 PM

Re: I finally did it! (SCVetteGuy)

i used to use mine on large enterance ramps onto the highway. I would pull over and watch for a break in traffic. get onto the highway real quick and stop , set the thing, and go....

much easier to do at night. Not very safe tho.

Raydon 3000 07-27-2003 06:48 PM

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Ryan77 07-27-2003 08:18 PM

Yeah, those of you with the AR 383's are probably going :rolleyes: :lol:
I'm not yet, but hopefully I will be when my 525hp AR 383 arrives any day now :D :cool:

Dwayne 76 07-27-2003 08:49 PM

i used to use mine on large enterance ramps onto the highway. I would pull over and watch for a break in traffic. get onto the highway real quick and stop , set the thing, and go....

much easier to do at night. Not very safe tho.
:D

shotgun_000 07-27-2003 08:57 PM

:seeya SCVetteGuy!

Do you know where Fairforest Middle School is? If so, go past it headed toward I-85. After about a mile, you will cross over I-85. Just keep straight.

After about another mile, there is a road on the left called either leisure road or casual, I can't remember for sure. Anyway, it has a No Outlet sign at the beginning. Just go down that road, you'll find a good spot past where the old school buses are. I've never encounted traffic there before, although it does run parallel to I-85 Southbound lane.

I've went there before, running for an hour at a time. I even took my timing light to "test and tune"

There are some other spots, but that is the most secluded in the immediate area.

SCVetteGuy 07-27-2003 09:33 PM

Thanks Shotgun, The only places I know of aren't very long, and they're sometimes busy. I'll see if I can find where you're talking about, and do some runs. :cool: :D

SCVetteGuy 07-29-2003 11:19 PM

Just got back from doing some runs. Thanks for the info Shotgun, it was a little hard to find it, but we did. and my times were much better 0-60: 7.6 sec. and HP: 166