CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Official list of C6 RPO codes? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/704615-official-list-of-c6-rpo-codes.html)

427-Z06 12-05-2003 04:12 PM

Official list of C6 RPO codes?

Interesting that the C6 RPO codes were requested to be pulled by GM. I thought it would happen sooner if they were really concerned. And now it seems that Ken has them published in his weekly news. Are these legit or is Ken just republishing the "pulled" codes. Thought GM already jumped on one dealer for doing so. Seems like the list is pretty finalized at this point, although the list isn't complete. There shouls be additional codes for things like the Z51 specific tires and other items that aren't freeflow options but do have an RPO code associated. I think most of this "secret" info is actually being floated be GM to tease us. All of the info seems very coincidental. You have to know if you are GM that someone is going to snap some crappy photos of the C6 with a camera phone at the least if you have it uncovered in San Fran - why not get somebody to take some "good" spy shots to have leaked. Then the RPO codes, and most recently it seems some fairly decent video with sound. I think that GM is just working on building the hype. Thats my $.02.

[Modified by 2002-Z06, 3:13 PM 12/5/2003]

DavesC5 12-05-2003 04:23 PM

Re: Official list of C6 RPO codes? (2002-Z06)

Interesting that the C6 RPO codes were requested to be pulled by GM. I thought it would happen sooner if they were really concerned. And now it seems that Ken has them published in his weekly news. Are these legit or is Ken just republishing the "pulled" codes. Thought GM already jumped on one dealer for doing so. Seems like the list is pretty finalized at this point, although the list isn't complete. There shouls be additional codes for things like the Z51 specific tires and other items that aren't freeflow options but do have an RPO code associated. I think most of this "secret" info is actually being floated be GM to tease us. All of the info seems very coincidental. You have to know if you are GM that someone is going to snap some crappy photos of the C6 with a camera phone at the least if you have it uncovered in San Fran - why not get somebody to take some "good" spy shots to have leaked. Then the RPO codes, and most recently it seems some fairly decent video with sound. I think that GM is just working on building the hype. Thats my $.02.

[Modified by 2002-Z06, 3:13 PM 12/5/2003]
:iagree:

Miaugi 12-05-2003 05:18 PM

...now it seems that Ken has them published in his weekly news. Are these legit or is Ken just republishing the "pulled" codes...
Saved Ken's newsletter in case that "disappears" too! :jester

C4TUSC 12-05-2003 05:23 PM

Sounds sinister ... :reddevil

Rocketblock 12-05-2003 05:32 PM

Re: Official list of C6 RPO codes? (C4TUSC)

:skep: :confused: :seeya :steering:

xilr8n 12-05-2003 06:36 PM

Yepper.

1 crumb per week... Every time the forum gets slow.

About a month and we will have most all of the cookie :D

rwd 12-05-2003 06:48 PM

Some of the info in the 20-page listing was inaccurate, intentionally or otherwise. There is no reason to think the limited info Ken provided is in anyway controversial. After all, dealers are taking deposits now.

Bob C 12-06-2003 10:28 PM

Do a google search if you want them, they are out there.

jschindler 12-07-2003 07:48 AM

I also find it interesting that GM called the forum and asked that they not be published on the forum. I wonder what the forum gets in return for cooperating with GM. This is information that got leaked to the public.

Corvette Junkie 12-07-2003 09:49 AM

Re: Official list of C6 RPO codes? (jschindler)

I wonder what the forum gets in return for cooperating with GM.

An opportunity not to make an enemy.

need-for-speed 12-07-2003 01:23 PM

Re: Official list of C6 RPO codes? (jschindler)

I wonder what the forum gets in return for cooperating with GM.
I imagine that Troy likes to keep the relationship friendly. I'm sure it keeps our relationship w/ the NCM on the positive side, not to mention having Dave Hill participate in the Cruise-Ins. :cheers: