CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance-48/)
-   -   Does anyone use Lucas Oil Products? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance/742781-does-anyone-use-lucas-oil-products.html)

JrRifleCoach 01-30-2004 11:54 PM

Does anyone use Lucas Oil Products?

Anyone use the stuff? I've seen it around alot and was thinking about running the 75w90 synthetic in the diff.

:cheers: -JRC-

Bilyk 01-31-2004 12:28 AM

Re: Does anyone use Lucas Oil Products? (JrRifleCoach)

don't use their additives in the diff
they have no anti-fomaing agents

GlockLT4 01-31-2004 03:46 AM

I thought about using their cleaner once in my '94 before i did a rebuild. Read up a lot and talked to a lot of peole and they said it's really not good stuff. Still no experience with it personally, but from what I heard it's best not to.

killain 01-31-2004 06:47 AM

I use it in my 79 and in the monte Carlo. I think it works pretty good and I've met a lot of folks who do as well. :yesnod: I've used the oil stabilzer and the power steering additive. The power steering stuff worked really great. Quiet as a baby now.

[Modified by killain, 6:48 AM 1/31/2004]

C10 JDR 01-31-2004 07:36 AM

Re: Does anyone use Lucas Oil Products? (killain)

Don't know about the oil additive, good for a quick and dirty fix on a tired old engine maybe, but the power steering stuff has really worked well for me on several cars. Fixes leaks and squeaks, does what it says on the tin. :)

vinnies87 01-31-2004 12:08 PM

used the pwr steering and trans additive,,, and they both worked wonders... on the rear, stay with gm posi additive and synth mobil 1 .... :thumbs:

CentralCoaster 01-31-2004 02:38 PM

Re: Does anyone use Lucas Oil Products? (vinnies87)

The additive is great, if you like your gear oil or ATF to turn into a solid rock on cold mornings. Kinda makes it hard.... er... impossible to shift into some gears.

Be careful how much you put in. :yesnod:

Brimis 01-31-2004 06:52 PM

I had a slight slip with my 84 automatic at about 40 mph. I changed the trans filter, trans fluid and added a quart of the Lucas trans lubricant.
I no longer have the slip, so I would have to say with my issue the Lucas lubricant did its job.

C10 JDR 02-05-2004 06:52 PM

Re: Does anyone use Lucas Oil Products? (Brimis)

Funny stuff this Lucas. Looks like snake oil, smells like snake oil, Hell it even tastes like snake oil.

But .....It seems to work! :confused: :confused:

96CollectorSport 02-05-2004 07:53 PM

Re: Does anyone use Lucas Oil Products? (britvette)

I have Royal Purple 75w90 in my differential (96) and it works great, three quarts and no additive. Lays two black marks with my 315's and it seems to let the rear wheels turn easier. I was hesitant untill the guys from Melrose T-tops who raced C4's in the World Challenge (now Speed GT) series said that was all they ran so I said what the hay. Works for me :thumbs:

Cooter 02-05-2004 09:37 PM

I've got the power steering stuff in the v8 minivan and it has pretty much stopped leaking. I also used their stuff for ticking lifters in the van- the engine had been sitting for several years and now most of the time the lifters are quiet. I was impressed because while I was dumping the stuff in the engine, I was thinking "snake oil" :)

HeeHaw89 02-06-2004 08:59 AM

I used their rear diff fluid on my recent gear oil change. The bottle indicated no additive was necessary so I didn't use any. No problems at all and lays perfect posi all day long...

CentralCoaster 02-06-2004 04:52 PM

Re: Does anyone use Lucas Oil Products? (CentralCoaster)

I wouldn't call Lucas, snake oil, but rather, a quick fix. A quick fix, like trying to get my dad to stop smoking by stealing his cigarettes. :lol: