CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion-34/)
-   -   If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/750919-if-you-met-your-c4s-previous-owner-what-would-you-do-to-him-her.html)

CentralCoaster 02-11-2004 05:49 AM

If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her?

This should be interesting. I came very close to running at the last minute from this Vette purchase, but I finally plunked the money down. I don't think there's any such thing as a no risk situation. I found some surprises, good and bad, but overall, I got what I paid for, and not the steal of a deal I thought I was getting.

So.. what would you do to him/her if you ran into them now?

TIMSPEED 02-11-2004 05:52 AM

Re: If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her? (CentralCoaster)

Since I bought my vette off of the original owner, all STOCK, I'd like to show him how it looks and what I've done to it. :)

IMXCITD 02-11-2004 05:59 AM

Re: If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her? (CentralCoaster)

Got what I paid for and am very happy! I would shake their hands! :thumbs:

joecaver 02-11-2004 06:04 AM

Shake his/her hand for taking such good care of my car for me untill I could buy it. :D

FASTAZU 02-11-2004 07:35 AM

I have no complaints about the Vettes I have purchased over the years most came from the original owners. The high-end cars were well maintained and commanded a price accordingly. The others were bought as projects.

Mr Mojo 02-11-2004 08:05 AM

I've met the original owner of my car and I see her about twice a year at car shows. Here's the amazing part, she bought the car in TX, met a guy on the internet, moved to NJ and sold the car. Right after she sold it, she wished she hadn't and started looking for it. Well along comes me, I end up being the thrid owner and she sees my car in a car show(very rare occasion for me), she starts looking at the car closely and swears it used to be heres. WHen she saw the velcro on the dash she knew it was.
So she finds me and starts asking about the car, I told her what I knew of the history and she lit up, it was her car!
She was shocked at first to discover that I raced it every weekend, but then was happy to see that someone was driving the car properly.
She drove the hell out of it for three years and was glad to see it in one piece. She gave me the entire service history on the car and that explained a few things.
She doesn't want it anymore since her and her husband sold thier award winning '86 and bought a C5. Someday I'll forgive her for that.

DarkRed95 02-11-2004 08:13 AM

Thank him for taking care of it. He did a great job and if I run into him he'd see that the tradition is being cared on. No regrets at all!

96KICKS 02-11-2004 08:24 AM

I am lucky that I see the previous owner of my vette a few times a year. It's great to know I can call him with any questions I have on the vette, and he is always willing to answer and help. When I see him, I joke with him on how much he must miss his vette . . . he has told me numerous times, he's glad he sold it to me, and he's glad that it is being cared for in the same way he cared for it when he owned it . . . could not ask for a better situation.

MyBlueC5 02-11-2004 09:01 AM

Definitely thank them for getting rid of it. Without them doing so, I may have never had the opportunity to enjoy the car. (though I've put over 12K in it since...lol)

Mark

96LT4 02-11-2004 09:27 AM

I've already gotten to have this experience.....I thanked him for buying 2 bad azz Corvettes in 1996 and thank ed him for selling them to me. If at anytime you want a ride, you know how to contact me. :cheers:

Stv50 02-11-2004 09:31 AM

I would shake his hand and thank him for letting it go. Even though he is from "New York City"!! :lol:

[Modified by Stv50, 8:34 AM 2/11/2004]

rick lambert 02-11-2004 10:08 AM

Re: If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her? (Stv50)

Mixed emotions, he said one thing that was not true :mad , and I wonder about another, but all in all-I'm :D probably :thumbs:

VR'92 02-11-2004 10:22 AM

Re: If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her? (rick lambert)

Kick them in the balls.
They(all the previous owners) were mean to my car. She was passed around like a drunk prom queen before I found her and gave her sum real lovin :conehead

[Modified by VictorRussell'92, 9:23 AM 2/11/2004]

SurfnSun 02-11-2004 10:25 AM

Re: If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her? (joecaver)

Shake his/her hand for taking such good care of my car for me untill I could buy it. :D
:withstupid:

bogus 02-11-2004 10:29 AM

the prior owner of my Vette took very good care of it.

no problems. I would thank him. :thumbs:

fmrff 02-11-2004 10:35 AM

Re: If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her? (SurfnSun)

I purchased mine from my Captain at my Fire Dept. I was transfered soon after (ha ha!!). I'm assumeing he got tired of seeing me pull up with "his" car. I've had it for almost ten years now, so she's @ the Dr. now for some mods. Can't wait to show him. :party:

vettefast 02-11-2004 11:27 AM

Re: If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her? (VictorRussell'92)

Kick them in the balls.
They(all the previous owners) were mean to my car. She was passed around like a drunk prom queen before I found her and gave her sum real lovin :conehead

[Modified by VictorRussell'92, 9:23 AM 2/11/2004]
:iagree: ditto!!! :seeya

JSA 007 02-11-2004 11:50 AM

Re: If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her? (vettefast)

I thank her all the time and give her plenty of hugs and do all sorts of small chores......I had a great previous owner :D :grouphug:

:cheers:

corvette-pilot 02-11-2004 11:54 AM

Show it off :jester

n1kki6 02-11-2004 12:35 PM

i would thank him for sure, my car has been everything he promised and then some, seriously i have put on 30k since i bought it 2 and a half years ago and havent had a single problem with the car, i had to put a new oil pressure sensor in but i broke the first one, so that was my fault, i had to do the clutch, wear and tear, and i had to do tires wear and tear. Oh i also did the intake manifold gaskets but that was because i was board and wanted to paint the manifold.