CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Tech (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech-1/)
-   -   Comparison of LG Pro Long TUbe headers to the recent copies: This is why to choose LG headers (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech/752060-comparison-of-lg-pro-long-tube-headers-to-the-recent-copies-this-is-why-to-choose-lg-headers.html)

LG Motorsports 02-12-2004 04:46 PM

Comparison of LG Pro Long TUbe headers to the recent copies: This is why to choose LG headers

Hi Guys,

There has been a header released that looks very similar to our LG Pro Long Tube headers. I just want to point out the specific differences and what these differences mean. I hope this information helps to clear the questions. I am flattered that there is a header company that picked our design as the the one to copy, but they only went 80% of the way to a complete well tuned system.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

1) Collector: The LG Headers have a true Race Style Merge collectors, where the imitators have a heavy Cast steel basic collector that connects to to the rest of the system using a large 4 bolt flange that will reduce ground clearance significantly.

2) Pipe diameter: The LG Pro Long Tubes have full 3" diameter pipes compared to the reduced size of 2 1/2" of the other brand.

2.1) Cats: The LG headers use full 3 " Metal Matrix cats where the other brand uses 3" in and 2 1/2 " out. the CFM flow of our cats is about 200 cfm greater than the reduced diameter cats. The reduced diameter cats flow 396cfm and our full 3" Random Metal Matrix cats flow 590cfm. Big difference.

3) X pipe: The LG headers have a full 3 " X pipe that leads into a full 3" mid/rear pipe. I would never down size our LG headers to a 2 1/2" X pipe or rear pipes, so I cannot see how it could help.

4) Ground Clearance: The LG Headers have very good ground clearance due to the clamp style that we use. The other brand has at least 3/4" less with their clamps.

5) Bell housing mounting tabs: The LG mounting tabs are very strong and are welded to more than one tube for extra strength and long lasting duty. The tabs on the other brand are only but welded to one spot, just like the old FLP headers, which would break off very easily. This is because the mfg of these headers, Dynatech, also made the headers for FLP

6) Weight: Last but not least, the LG Pro Long Tubes are 28 lbs lighter than the LG Look alike headers. That means that, on a typical cam and head you will have to make 5 hp more just to offset the extra weight of the headers. I doubt that you would like to carry a 28# chunck of lead with you in these cars, so why add that weight for no good reason.

7) Price: The LG Pro Long Tube headers are a bit more expensive, but the combined features and performance of our headers provides much "Added Value". Plus the LG PRo Long Tubes have a "Life time" Limited Warranty for the original owner.

8) Service: LG Motorsports is here for you, to answer any questions. We don't rely on internet resellers with a Computer, a 2 car garage and a pair of "Fluffy Bunny slippers" to answer your questions. We are here for you and any issues you have with our headers.

9) HORSEPOWER!!! We have the Horsepower, and the Torque. No guessing. We will be using these headers, along with 5 other teams, in the World Challenge series this season. Teams could have bought any header they wanted, but they bought LG PRO Long Tubes after dyno testing other brands.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti LGM

http://www.lgmotorsports.com/images/headers8.jpg

http://www.lgmotorsports.com/images/headers1.jpg

[Modified by LG Motorsports, 12:45 AM 2/13/2004]

Tony @ MPH 02-12-2004 04:59 PM

Re: headers

Good info, thanks Lou. Now if you guys would ever receive that shipment I could finally install those headers on my car!

John Shiels 02-12-2004 05:47 PM

Re: headers (diynoob)

8) Service: LG Motorsports is here for you, to answer any questions. We don't rely on internet resellers with a Computer, a 2 car garage and a pair of "Fluffy Bunny slipers" to answer your questions. We are here for you and any issues you have with our headers

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slammed Vette 02-12-2004 06:17 PM

Re: headers (John Shiels)

Great post Lou!! I'll be ordering a set very soon!!!!!

Chris@East Coast Supercharging 02-12-2004 06:35 PM

Re: headers (Slammed Vette)

Very well written post and your headers are definatly a piece of art :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Tony @ MPH 02-12-2004 06:37 PM

Re: headers (CHRIS NJ C5)

Very well written post and your headers are definatly a piece of art :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Is there any tapping required when installing these headers? I love tapping a nice piece of art. :D

Darkness 02-12-2004 06:47 PM

Re: headers (CHRIS NJ C5)

Any back to back testing on them? How come that much weight difference between the two of them? Are the LG's weaker or is it because of the cast collectors in the other ones? And most importantly whats the price difference?

Thanks.

John Shiels 02-12-2004 07:04 PM

Re: headers (Darkness)

Good design puts strength where it is needed and not excessive weight.

[Modified by John Shiels, 8:14 PM 2/12/2004]

Vetteran 02-12-2004 07:14 PM

Re: headers (diynoob)

Good info, thanks Lou. Now if you guys would ever receive that shipment I could finally install those headers on my car!
Me too Lou. Any word on where your at with filling back orders??

Thanks! :cheers:

Lancer033 02-12-2004 07:40 PM

Re: Comparison of LG Pro Long TUbe headers to the recent copies:

:thumbs: Still have to decide if i want Cats or not, will be ordering some time next month

boblackhardtop 02-12-2004 07:55 PM

Re: Comparison of LG Pro Long TUbe headers to the recent copies: (Lancer033)

The LGs are very well made :thumbs:
Love mine :cheers:

boblackhardtop 02-12-2004 07:58 PM

:thumbs: Still have to decide if i want Cats or not, will be ordering some time next month
I tried both, very little difference in sound/loudness...I can't tell
Likewise w/ the cats, no loss in power :thumbs:
I kept the cats on mine.

LG Motorsports 02-12-2004 08:00 PM

Thanks guys.

The slippers have left Borla, I mean Shipment has left Borla, and we should see them first of the week, maybe Friday if we are lucky. I have just placed my order for next month, so that should get them coming earlier.

The weight is mainly from the kind of Collector and X pipe set up. the Cast collector is a heavy piece all by itself.

I didn't want to sound to critical of that new header, but if they are going to market them as an LG header without the real LG, then I wanted to point out the differences.

Thanks to all of you who have been on back order, I am truly sorry that there were delays. We should be able to keep up on top of this in the future.

The Sale is over, but we are still honoring the discounted header price, but without the free shipping.

Thanks again.

Lou Gigliotti LGM

Vetteran 02-12-2004 08:50 PM

Re: Comparison of LG Pro Long TUbe headers to the recent copies: (LG Motorsports)

Thanks for the update Lou!! Really appreicate the service!!

EFI-1 02-12-2004 09:40 PM

Re: Comparison of LG Pro Long TUbe headers to the recent copies: (ericwf1)

It's nice to see more choices on the market, but I'll be going LG when I go! :yesnod: :cheers:

Godspeed 02-13-2004 12:48 AM

Re: Comparison of LG Pro Long TUbe headers to the recent copies: This is why to choose LG headers

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but the LG Pro's are still top dog. :yesnod:

99blackFRC 02-13-2004 07:16 AM

Re:

Just curious, I remember seeing the claim of LG's being 28lbs lighter than stock. Are you saying the lookalike headers weigh the same as stock then?

esram 02-13-2004 07:42 AM

Re: Comparison of LG Pro Long TUbe headers to the recent copies: (LG Motorsports)

Your a class act. :thumbs: By the way I love my LG long tubes :D
Keep up the great work.

Leo the Lion 02-13-2004 08:27 AM

Re: Comparison of LG Pro Long TUbe headers to the recent copies:

"The slippers have left Borla, I mean Shipment has left Borla, and we should see them first of the week, maybe Friday if we are lucky. I have just placed my order for next month, so that should get them coming earlier."
Lou......can you tell me if mine order will be filled with this shippment? I placed my order on Jan 6th. Can't wait to get them and start on the install.
Bill Martone
aka Leo the Lion

James G 02-13-2004 08:54 AM

LG's on sale ?

Can anyone tell me what the sale price is ? ( LG's)

Also, I was told someone makes rollbars for the C5 that have welded (4point)
mounts but the rollbar bolts to the welded mounts making the bar removable.
I have seen one that just bolts in but it won't pass SCCA tech.
Does anyone know where one of these bars can be found ? :steering: