CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   CD Player not recognizing MP3 CD.. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/955467-cd-player-not-recognizing-mp3-cd.html)

Alex Levy 11-24-2004 08:09 PM

CD Player not recognizing MP3 CD..

Burnt a CD loaded with MP3's that plays fine on my puter.. put it in the CD player in my new C6 1SB Z51 w/ Nav and it said Unrecognizable Media or something like that.. is there something im missing?

Vette_DD 11-24-2004 08:12 PM

Nav units will NOT play MP3 files. Although early GM info. said they would, it's been known for the last 6 mos. or so that they will not.

Miaugi 11-24-2004 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by RedC6Coupe
Nav units will NOT play MP3 files. Although early GM info. said they would, it's been known for the last 6 mos. or so that they will not.

:iagree:

Alex Levy 11-24-2004 08:16 PM

NO SH1T?! I was told by the dealer they would.. God fscking damnit. I almost want to rip the nav out now and put in an Adic N1..

Is there any Auxillary adapter available yet so i can Line-In an MP3 player?

Vette_DD 11-24-2004 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by alevy
NO SH1T?! I was told by the dealer they would.. God fscking damnit. I almost want to rip the nav out now and put in an Adic N1..

Is there any Auxillary adapter available yet so i can Line-In an MP3 player?

There's another thread in this section where someone was able to convert the MP3 files to another format on a CD and play them, but of course, you can't get as many of them on the CD that way. Don't have time to look for that thread for you right now.

Don't have the answer to your question.

Hoonose 11-24-2004 08:35 PM

There's another thread in this section where someone was able to convert the MP3 files to another format on a CD and play them, but of course, you can't get as many of them on the CD that way. Don't have time to look for that thread for you right now.

Well, THAT would be silly!
You're converting back to wav files, and you might as well just use the original CD!
Although, you probably could squeeze a FEW more songs on, per disc.
You MIGHT be able to get 2 short CD's on one burned one. I think I've gotten up to 28 CD tracks on one extended, and overburned CD.

Alex Levy 11-24-2004 08:35 PM

Well you can turn regular MP3's into an audio cd.. and thats cool.. not sure if it will take WMA's or whatnot.. ill play around :) Thanks.

FastMover 11-24-2004 08:50 PM

Well you can turn regular MP3's into an audio cd.. and thats cool.. not sure if it will take WMA's or whatnot.. ill play around :) Thanks.

alevy
I feel your pain, I passed on the Nav because it didn't play mp3s and
I passed on the XM because of the fugly antenna. Too bad I would have
liked to have both, I don't know what GM was thinking
:eek: :eek: :eek:

crabman 11-24-2004 08:58 PM

With most burning software when you selcet make a music or audio disk it will convert the viles automatically back to PCM and that will be playable on most players. Monster is putting out an adapter that allows you to hook up an ipod to an open changer or sattelite radio port. They claim you can then use the changer or XM controls to change tracks on the ipod. I called on this and could not get any info from them on what controls might be available on a touchscreen. I will probably go this way if everything shakes out. Another alternative is that it may be possible to buy the XM antenna and module from Chevy after they move the antenna location and get XM after the fact. Im considering this also if the unit has both a changer and XM port. Anyhow it looks like some alternatives that will allow you to retain the stock nav functionality are coming.

Vette_DD 11-24-2004 10:07 PM

If you really want the XM now, you kinda get used to the antenna. I hardly notice mine anymore. I really like XM.

Foosh 11-24-2004 10:22 PM

In addition, it's freeking inexcusable that a car manufacturer doesn't provide a jack to plug in an MP3 player on a so-called "premium system", such as iPOD in a 2005 model. Why are they always so far behind the times?

If you're gonna provide and advertise an MP3 capability, how hard could it be to add a simple external jack. Has anyone at GM noticed the iPOD rage?

VA-Vette 11-25-2004 11:09 AM

There may me help on the way. According to a GM :chevy Service Bulletin No.: 04-00-89-041 (Date: September, 2004) "A trunk-mounted CD changer is being developed as a Genuine Corvette Accessory targeted for late in the model year." Will it play MP3s? I hope so. If is doesn't, it won't sell very well.

REL44 11-25-2004 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by FastMover
alevy

I passed on the NAV for the same reason as well, and then around the time my order was accepted for production, they were on limited availability. But I went ahead with the XM, and seriously, I barely notice the antenna. None of the folks I've shown the car to have asked about it either.

FastMover 11-25-2004 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Foosh
In addition, it's freeking inexcusable that a car manufacturer doesn't provide a jack to plug in an MP3 player on a so-called "premium system", such as iPOD in a 2005 model. Why are they always so far behind the times?

If you're gonna provide and advertise an MP3 capability, how hard could it be to add a simple external jack. Has anyone at GM noticed the iPOD rage?

But I think the real reason GM doesn't provide Aux Inputs is to discourage
after market products and sell OEM junk at outragous prices....
I bet aux inputs would add less then $2 to the cost of the head unit. :bs

Hoonose 11-25-2004 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Foosh

Because YOUNGER, HITECH GUYS don't, typically, buy a brutish, somewhat redneckish, hunk of a car like a Vette!
An 8-track player would probably sell better!

Wafdof 11-25-2004 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by FastMover
alevy

I still got the XM even though I hate the antenna. I plan on painting my antenna when it gets warmer here. http://www.paintscratch.com/ Real funny I have an antenna about the size of a box of matches on my huge Avalanche mounted in a spot where 99% of people can't see it and an antenna 10 times bigger on my Vette mounted where you can't miss it. :lol:

Alex Levy 11-25-2004 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Hoonose
Because YOUNGER, HITECH GUYS don't, typically, buy a brutish, somewhat redneckish, hunk of a car like a Vette!
An 8-track player would probably sell better!

Hey! I resemble that remark :)

Im the Chief Architect for AOL (No jokes please)... so i am a tech geek. Ive already found a way to play MP3's thru the nav only not very cleanly. Working on cleaning it up and ill distribute to the masses :)

Epro 11-25-2004 01:39 PM

Linux Powered :cheers:

Hoonose 11-25-2004 02:16 PM

Hey! I resemble that remark :)

Im the Chief Architect for AOL (No jokes please)... so i am a tech geek. Ive already found a way to play MP3's thru the nav only not very cleanly. Working on cleaning it up and ill distribute to the masses :)

-SPIT-
Think she'll work in my tractor?
-SPIT-

natejohn 11-25-2004 02:58 PM

er....I'm in an area that I'm not too familiar with,BUT -
I've burned some CDs and they play just fine on my NAV unit..?
I used a Mac(so you know I'm no technophile<G>)....DL'd some songs off the net into iTunes and then used Roxio Toast Lite to burn the CDs. A couple of times Roxio(I guess) had to convert them to mp3s in order to burn(?). All the titles have that little MP3 logo behind their titles.
Hope this "helps"? - VIN #338