CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   How can AAA help with a flat? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/988751-how-can-aaa-help-with-a-flat.html)

BKbroiler 01-10-2005 09:23 PM

How can AAA help with a flat?

This is probably a dumb question but, do road service providers repair flat tires on the road? If they don't, can a C5 be loaded on their truck? I have an 04 with run flats and I was just wondering.

RandW 01-10-2005 09:26 PM

If you have run flats, just drive to get it fixed. :thumbs: That's what they're for.

pops98 01-10-2005 09:29 PM

If you have a spare they will replace it, but I think you could get on a rollback to a repair shop if needed, even for a flat. Check with your service before its needed. I have the TEXACO roadside assistance, (not a comercial or endorsement) and got a rollback for other problems with no questions asked

Humanoid 2.0 01-10-2005 09:31 PM

They can tow you with a flat bed. But you can drive on your own 200 miles with the OEM Goodyear run flats. Also you get roadside assistance from GM with a new car, same as AAA type services.

pops98 01-10-2005 09:31 PM

If you have a spare they will replace it, but I think you could get on a rollback to a repair shop if needed, even for a flat. Check with your service before its needed. I have the TEXACO roadside assistance, (not a comercial or endorsement) and got a rollback for other problems with no questions asked.

Zeek 01-11-2005 01:31 AM

If you drive a vette (any year) you need AAA+....It's only $75 a year and there is no extra charge for flatbed service. I learned the hard way years ago. I called AAA for a wrecker for my dead vette, and they sent a "hook"..... :toetap: with out the AAA plus the flatbed was an extra charge....Well worth the couple extra bucks a year....!!!! :yesnod: :thumbs:

NSTG8R 01-11-2005 01:35 AM

AAA is nice .. but if you've got the tires there is nothign to worry about. if it bothers you that much, keep a compessor in the trunk. Chances are if you pick up a nail it'll remain lodged in the tire and you can keep pumping up the air presure until you get to the service station (assuming it hasn't gone dumb and turned into runflat mode)

:cheers:

hltambur 01-11-2005 12:02 PM

Has anyone replaced their run flats with non-run flats, gotten a tire and dealt with AAA? How was your experience?

Vetteman Jack 01-11-2005 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by RandW
If you have run flats, just drive to get it fixed. :thumbs: That's what they're for.

:iagree:

talon90 01-11-2005 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by BKbroiler
.....SNIP.........I have an 04 with run flats and I was just wondering.

Just drive it :confused: That's why they call them "Run flats" 'cause you can Run on them when they are flat for up to 200 miles on the OEM tires

Evil-Twin 01-11-2005 03:45 PM

If it wasnt for the DIC you would not know you have a flat tire, with zero pressure in a run flat.

WhiteC5Vette 01-11-2005 06:50 PM

Cannot believe a tow truck driver would plug a tire at the side of the road for a number of reasons. One, too much traffic, could be dangerous; two, personally liability if plugged incorrectly.
I know a person who has a tow truck service in TN, and he or his crew, will not change tires on the side of the interstate anymore due to the hazards of being run over by idiots. They tow them to the nearest service station. Other services may be different.

REDRWUT 01-11-2005 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by hltambur
Has anyone replaced their run flats with non-run flats, gotten a tire and dealt with AAA? How was your experience?

good question. i'd also like to know the answer

DAVS Y2K 01-11-2005 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
If it wasnt for the DIC you would not know you have a flat tire, with zero pressure in a run flat.

:iagree: Your DIC will always let you know when you have zero pressure. :rofl: