C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Agressive rear diffuser???

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 11:10 AM
REDHULK
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Agressive rear diffuser???

So i must admit i love the ivan tampi designs agressive rear diffuser, but i dont like the way it sticks out , doesn anyone know of one like this that has a clean fit, i really like the agressive fins.. Thanks guys
Old 09-27-2016, 11:37 AM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Received 960 Likes on 622 Posts
Default Rear diffuser

Sorry to tag onto this but I had asked this question somewhere else with no answer so I'll try here. Does anyone know if diffusers help keep the tiny black soot spots from exhaust from blowing up onto the vertical space between outside brake lights directly over the tips (that 2' area"). Probably only visible to us with light colored cars-see my yellow car?OTE=REDHULK;1593139353]So i must admit i love the ivan tampi designs agressive rear diffuser, but i dont like the way it sticks out , doesn anyone know of one like this that has a clean fit, i really like the agressive fins.. Thanks guys[/QUOTE]
Old 09-27-2016, 12:44 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by madrob2020
Sorry to tag onto this but I had asked this question somewhere else with no answer so I'll try here. Does anyone know if diffusers help keep the tiny black soot spots from exhaust from blowing up onto the vertical space between outside brake lights directly over the tips (that 2' area"). Probably only visible to us with light colored cars-see my yellow car?OTE=REDHULK;1593139353]So i must admit i love the ivan tampi designs agressive rear diffuser, but i dont like the way it sticks out , doesn anyone know of one like this that has a clean fit, i really like the agressive fins.. Thanks guys
[/QUOTE]

If you Google rear diffuser function, you will find that bling does not necessarily follow function. This Tampi thing is purely bling and has no positive aerodynamic function which is common for after market so called aero add ons. You become the laughing stock of the Serious track fraternity when you display this type of decoration on your car. Redhulk likes the aggressive 'fins'. Check out the C7R race car design and some high performance car's diffusers. The C7R is governed by regulation and some of the exotic cars have active diffusers. If designed properly, the diffuser will work in union with the wing and spoiler which includes ride height control. The profile and it's camber, chord and angle of incidence is critical. The idea is to reduce turbulence, which is drag, and requires a reduction in relative velocity of the air at exit to be reduced to become as close to the ambient air in front of the car as possible. This results in a suction peak at the point of velocity change. The 'fins' wrong term, are to prevent lateral flow and big fat ones reduce area. The required area forces the designer to place the diffuser trailing edge in order to protrude out the back of the car. Unless the back of the car looks like an E or F type Jag, the back of the car will get dirty. Note the difference in area of the C6 and C7 Glover Design diffuser. If you want a functional diffuser it will protrude out the back. A feeder system will have to be made as well as some serious suspension mods in so doing. Without a proper design program with the appropriate CFD add on and load analysis for mount points,etc., you are likely to make a hazardous product for a 200 mph car. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Shaka; 09-27-2016 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:49 PM
REDHULK
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Thank you very much! Great reply and very helpfull. I do like the agressive look but if its not helping me then i dont want it, i will take my time do some real research and find one that looks good but is also funtioning, thanks
Old 11-02-2016, 01:33 PM
5thGear
Drifting

Received 199 Likes on 124 Posts

Selling mine at much lower price if anyone is interested. It does look good and couple of Z06 owners bought the same diffuser after they have seen it on my car here in OC.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...in-so-cal.html
Old 11-02-2016, 05:52 PM
mcmillion
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

What about a difflow. Aggressive and functional. I prefer the stock diffuser, but had a difflow on my lotus and loved it.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-diffuser.html
Old 11-02-2016, 06:40 PM
TRANS DAMM
Melting Slicks

Received 1,201 Likes on 545 Posts

Fuctional or not the rear of the white Z is sexy
Old 11-02-2016, 07:46 PM
5thGear
Drifting

Received 199 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by mcmillion
What about a difflow. Aggressive and functional. I prefer the stock diffuser, but had a difflow on my lotus and loved it.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-diffuser.html

Honestly, I don't see how that would be functional. They set too high. The fins don't get air flow as they are blocked by the bumper. Viper ACR diffuser for example is functional and you can see how low it sets. Direct air runs through the channels.

Get notified of new replies

To Agressive rear diffuser???

Quick Reply: Agressive rear diffuser???