C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procharger F1X, Motec, Port Injection, Fore Triple Fuel Setup...C7Z Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 12:33 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Meth is great stuff. Even when I switched to flex fuel I kept mine on the car. They work great together.

Last edited by Detoxx03; 10-09-2017 at 12:33 AM.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:31 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by chuntington101
A 100 dry shot would do wonders for you IATs and you wouldn't be tricking any sensors by bathing them in meth!
That was kind of my thought as well, but a few people I trust have been less than enthusiastic about putting nitrous on the car. They'd rather I skip both of these options and just go A2W now and not add any other variables into the airstream....but I am trying to find a solution that I can have in the car before the 1/2 mile event in November and the shop is too busy right now to take on a custom A2W setup with the TX Mile coming up in a few weeks which they live for. So for now the solution is meth or nitrous best I can tell.

Last edited by lane_change; 10-09-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:03 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by lane_change
That was kind of my thought as well, but a few people I trust have been less than enthusiastic about putting nitrous on the car. They'd rather I skip both of these options and just go A2W now and not add any other variables into the airstream....but I am trying to find a solution that I can have in the car before the 1/2 mile event in November and the shop is too busy right now to take on a custom A2W setup with the TX Mile coming up in a few weeks which they live for. So for now the solution is meth or nitrous best I can tell.
I can see what the shop mean. Always better to get the intercooling right first rather than band aid it with meth / n2o from the get go! If you have amazing intercooling you can still add meth / n2o for even cooler intake temps and better performance.

Has the shop looked at the Procharger a2w? It should be ready to go!
Old 10-10-2017, 10:54 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Decided before we add anything new to the system, we are going to install EGT sensors in the header so we can monitor the temps to see if the E85 cooling properties, which are occurring after the manifold temperature sensor, are making enough of an impact on the cylinder temps and to see what effect our timing reduction is having towards the EGT temps. Part of me is curious if the E85 being injected into the intake manifold runners and DI system are keeping cylinder temps at a safe enough temperature to not require the timing to be retarded based on air temps happening before it comes in contact with the fuel. If so, great. If not, well then we will continue down the path we are planning on to reduce air temperatures via an A2W, meth injection, or nitrous. Hoping to have some results next week.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:39 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,767 Likes on 1,533 Posts

Decided before we add anything new to the system, we are going to install EGT sensors in the header so we can monitor the temps to see if the E85 cooling properties, which are occurring after the manifold temperature sensor, are making enough of an impact on the cylinder temps and to see what effect our timing reduction is having towards the EGT temps. Part of me is curious if the E85 being injected into the intake manifold runners and DI system are keeping cylinder temps at a safe enough temperature to not require the timing to be retarded based on air temps happening before it comes in contact with the fuel. If so, great. If not, well then we will continue down the path we are planning on to reduce air temperatures via an A2W, meth injection, or nitrous. Hoping to have some results next week.
On a set up like this just a little more $ to be able to read all 8 holes is a smart move buddy let us know what she is doing on the pulls. Robert
Old 10-17-2017, 05:42 PM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 708 Likes on 544 Posts

with e85 you may have enough cooling to where the intercooler isn't as necessary

quite a few drag guys drop it or run air 2 water as you recommend which are less restrictive

how much hp and boost are you targeting so you can figure out how much pressure drop the intercooler burdens the system to provide cooling.

if you aren't running ridiculous boost and timing, the e85 may be all you need.

if you are pushing it. I like e85 plus pure meth injection for the cooling

that's what I'm going to try
Old 10-18-2017, 06:39 PM
acz06
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I went f1a94.. 820 rwhp on a super conservative mustang dyno.. port injection is set up on intake manifold.. doing fore pumps.. motec 130 to run port injection and hopefully motec 182 to replace factory ecu.. I'm at 16.2 pounds on pump and meth on a 9percent lower and 4.5 upper.. e85 and hopefully more boost to come!!
Old 10-19-2017, 03:41 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Surely you are better to remove as much heat as you can before the air gets into the cylinders? I know a centri can't automatically adjust for any reduction in pressure as a result of cooling the intake charge but a cooler intake charge has to be better! Any chemical intercooling on top of that is only going to help things even further!
Old 10-24-2017, 04:23 PM
1SLO2OH
Advanced

Received 62 Likes on 21 Posts

This is an awesome build. Just read the whole thing. Port injection on E85 and MoTec control really sparks my interest. I believe we will be at the Dallas half mile with our shop GTR, so hoping to see this thing make some passes there!
Old 12-25-2017, 06:23 AM
9SecondVet
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that is unfortunately going to be the plan for now....got to get it cooled off somehow. Will go A2W and remove the meth in the future, but before the 1/2 mile I think this will be the only way to keep her cool without using nitrous.....hmmmm....now that I say that out loud?
A friend told me about a product called the Killer Chiller which uses a refrigerant. Standalone system or can tap into A/C lines. Would that solve the issue? He just put one on his ZR1 build.
Old 12-25-2017, 06:57 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 866 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by 9SecondVet
A friend told me about a product called the Killer Chiller which uses a refrigerant. Standalone system or can tap into A/C lines. Would that solve the issue? He just put one on his ZR1 build.
Man that is old school techniques. I saw this setup on a Z06 a couple weeks ago at WGF in Dallas and it looked like a total hack job.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:56 AM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Whatever u do, don't do standalone Chiller. Been there, done that....

However, traditional chillers work quite well, just make sure the heat exchanger is big enough. I have a chiller on my V and sub ambient IAT's are the norm even on a twin 6870/427 setup. I have yet to find one of the three kit makers that makes one specifically for the C7.
Old 12-25-2017, 02:07 PM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Going to need an air to water system to make that work. Think the OP was sticking with air to air?...

What would be interesting is using both the air to air AND an air to water setup with either iced water or chiller cooled water. Combined should get IATs down nice and low!
Old 12-25-2017, 07:10 PM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by chuntington101
What would be interesting is using both the air to air AND an air to water setup with either iced water or chiller cooled water. Combined should get IATs down nice and low!
With adequately sized heated exchanger and cooling element (intake tract), it would be redundant...see pic for what is possible with well done chiller setup.

Chiller isn’t magic or all that complicated...just gives u ice like performance 24/7 vs having to add ice.
Attached Images  
Old 12-26-2017, 03:29 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Earl H
With adequately sized heated exchanger and cooling element (intake tract), it would be redundant...see pic for what is possible with well done chiller setup.

Chiller isn’t magic or all that complicated...just gives u ice like performance 24/7 vs having to add ice.
Understand how they work. Issue is how fast the water would heat up during the run though. And can you carry enough water to keep it cool the whole run? With the PC intercooler you can remove a load of heat and the. Finish it off with the intake mounted cooler. Only issue would be if the PC intercooler is adding a massive restriction and causing a big pressure drop.

Also I think even if you removed the PC intercooler you would still need to fab a pipe up to replace it as it's going to be difficult getting the PC outlet to the TB without very tight bends. Would be nice the the PC chargecooler in more detail. I can only find limited pics on google.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:53 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Haven't really updated this lately....but...a few things have changed.

Procharger F1X - Sold and Gone.

Custom M2K Single Turbo Kit going on using a Precision 88mm BB rear mount setup. We still have the same A2W intercooler and killer chiller setup we will be using for the IAT's. Intake Manifold is still being debated between the LME Billet and the new Precision Metalcraft Billet. Motec will still be in charge of the fueling and boost, but the injectors for the secondary port injection are now ID1300's. Hoping to have the car ready for testing before TX2K....but who knows. Quite a few things left to finish, but it's getting close.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:36 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

WOW! Big shift! Didn't know Precision was making a LT manifold yet! Very interested.

I'll be running at TX2K also. Hopefully you make it. I will come shake your hand.

Get notified of new replies

To Procharger F1X, Motec, Port Injection, Fore Triple Fuel Setup...C7Z Build

Old 02-21-2018, 02:27 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Here is the new Precision Metalcraft Intake Manifold.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:39 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

HOLY ****....That is gorgeous. Is it cheaper than the LME intake? Any results out there with it?
Old 02-21-2018, 03:04 PM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by C7&7
HOLY ****....That is gorgeous. Is it cheaper than the LME intake? Any results out there with it?
What he said^.

Quick Reply: Procharger F1X, Motec, Port Injection, Fore Triple Fuel Setup...C7Z Build