C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 02:30 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Received 480 Likes on 335 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Hey Tomda, will try not to forget to get a few pics of any PNW folks. Maybe let others here know we are real people.

One other thing I wanted to warn you about. Saw this, really, on our last ferry trip to Victoria. You might want to watch out for it. Haven't heard of it taking out any Ferry's, probably somebody's toy but you never know..and it looked real size WWII probably, Had to take two pics to make sure I wasn't seeing things..

Last edited by NOWUCME; 05-09-2018 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:53 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,049 Likes on 2,509 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

wonder if that may be Ruxxy...................

tryin' to protect the PNW from a mass influx of basers..........
Old 05-09-2018, 04:10 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

the missing photos from Tuesday evening, and Wednesday evening...........

the first ones were from Tuesday............. walked around some smaller side streets off of the main streets to the Market Square...........

saw this in a shop window............ thought of H1 and Mrs. H1 celebrating their anniversary...........

H1 attempting to cook dinner for them.............. and Mrs. H1 with a rolling pin making certain he did..........

The following users liked this post:
teebee (05-09-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 04:19 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Wednesday evening................... thunderstorms rolled through between 6 and 8PM here so not as crowded................ tried to capture some of the interesting features and dormers on the upper levels of the buildings........... also seemed to find a couple more dwarfs..........

teebee (05-09-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 04:27 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

thought this wooden carving would be more fitting for H1 as the leader here at Hammy's.............

teebee (05-09-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 04:32 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

farming and crops here in this part of the world..............

the yellow flowers on the plants seen across the country side here are Canola plants............. more information below

Canola is a crop with plants from three to five feet tall that produce pods from which seeds are harvested and crushed to create canola oil and meal. These plants also produce small, yellow flowers, which beautify the environment. Canola seeds contain about 45 percent oil.

Wheat, radishes, beets, strawberry plants, some corn, apple orchards, apricot trees, blueberries, and sugar bush are the major crops.

Farms individually owned/operated, some funding from European Union to farmers (subsidies) not quite as much funding as US farmers receive.

Tulips are also commonly grown and sold by the farmers too.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:44 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,023 Likes on 2,068 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by dshamrick
So you are the guy in the Pink shirt tearing up the dance floor???

hahahaaaahahah......oh..hell......that's funny......thanks deshame......I needed a good laugh....... all in fun rocketman....all in fun......

...hell I had a girlfriend I used to call sugar b.......... er never mind..........

Canola is a hell of a crop......Canada raises the heck out of it...... They are planting winter canola in places like Kansas and Oklahoma instead of wheat because it does not have all the disease problems wheat has....... I been trying to get something going with it up here but all I get is we grow corn and maybe some soybeans....... geez.......

Tomada.....you stick by your guns on being a proud GS owner......they are very special.......especially the ones with the stripes and handmade engines that go really fast...... Our benevolent benefactor Hammy.....God rest him......was a GS man all day long and took the basers to task over their skinny mini's all the time...... that is why he let them take over the basement which soon became the hovel where the nightly
entertainment is big rough women jello wrestling...... don't ever go down there.......

There is a Green door across the alley that we do not know what goes on there but we do know the basers are lined up outside it every payday......go figure........ these are all part of Hammy's veritual Bar and Grill

Last edited by Huskerman; 05-09-2018 at 09:09 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Huskerman:
teebee (05-09-2018), TomdaToolman (05-09-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 10:41 PM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 169 Likes on 126 Posts

RKJ,
What year were those buildings built, approx, any idea?

Last edited by TomdaToolman; 05-09-2018 at 10:42 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:06 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

A GS'er went to the Doctor. Afterwards he and his wife were talking to the nurse....went something like this

Old 05-09-2018, 11:14 PM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by NOWUCME
Hey Tomda, will try not to forget to get a few pics of any PNW folks. Maybe let others here know we are real people.

One other thing I wanted to warn you about. Saw this, really, on our last ferry trip to Victoria. You might want to watch out for it. Haven't heard of it taking out any Ferry's, probably somebody's toy but you never know..and it looked real size WWII probably, Had to take two pics to make sure I wasn't seeing things..

Was that a water skier or a buoy behind that sub?

I do believe that was the 3:15 pm special (drug) supply sub from Vancouver, BC.
Seriously, it's not uncommon to see subs around these here parts with a sub base a little south of here and some secret installation at NAS Whidbey. That does look like an awfully small sub tho! There are a fair amount of very rich eccentric people living up here in the islands. Heck, I worked for a guy that owned his own Mig jet. Steve Miller lived just over the hill until he got divorced, now his wife lives there. Chris Pratt is developing & building an estate here as well. Ya just never know who's next to ya in the check out line, ya just never know...
Old 05-09-2018, 11:23 PM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Yanno, maybe that's what caused it! The Yakima ferry was taken out of service a week or so ago with a bent prop, it musta hit that sub! Well, it could happen!
Old 05-09-2018, 11:33 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Huskerman

...hell I had a girlfriend I used to call sugar b.......... er never mind..........Seems like every time the temp gets over 40degrees H1 thaws out and goes into Summer Hunting mode. And I bet she called you her Sugar Daddy... probably didn't last long once he showed her his "Corn Cob"...if he got that far...

Tomada.....you stick by your guns on being a proud GS owner
I heard GS'er weren't allowed to carry guns because they keep shooting themselves in the foot. When they grab for the emergency brake they are always pulling the wrong Trigger...
Note recently posted on the GS'ers lounge door....just saying

Last time I was in Vegas I saw this GS'er on Freemont ST but he was to far gone to tell me where he was from. Gave him a Buck to call home....
Old 05-10-2018, 12:04 AM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by TomdaToolman
Was that a water skier or a buoy behind that sub?

I do believe that was the 3:15 pm special (drug) supply sub from Vancouver, BC.
Seriously, it's not uncommon to see subs around these here parts with a sub base a little south of here and some secret installation at NAS Whidbey. That does look like an awfully small sub tho! There are a fair amount of very rich eccentric people living up here in the islands. Heck, I worked for a guy that owned his own Mig jet. Steve Miller lived just over the hill until he got divorced, now his wife lives there. Chris Pratt is developing & building an estate here as well. Ya just never know who's next to ya in the check out line, ya just never know...
Can't remember but know it wasn't a Skier. Probably a small boat or the Buoy. It was smaller sub like you say..headed North and a ways out of Anacortes. Probably loaded with the cash from the 3:15 run . I suppose that was Miller of the Miller Brewing Co. and Pratt of Pratt & Whitney?? just Saying...Lot of rich people over on the Coast, mostly Libs so I don't associate much with them...I thought those people didn't have to go to the store themselves....just rumor though

I was at a little Pub on the lake at Coeur d' Alene one summer. Sitting out on the deck having a hamburger and here comes John Elway walking over to a table. I hollered "Hike" at him and boy you should have seen him take the "Position" fast. Told me to "run out" Ya know he went to High School in Pulman...His dad was a coach at WSU a few years....Heard Stanford hired his dad to get him to come there...There's a fancy private golf club up there that he belongs too.

Last edited by NOWUCME; 05-10-2018 at 01:17 AM.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:18 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

RKJ,
What year were those buildings built, approx, any idea?
One had an inscription on the front of 1903...................... should be seen in one of the latest groupings of photos, so I would assume most were within 10 years prior to 10 years later due to how close they are to one another and it being the original city central square area.............
TomdaToolman (05-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 12:34 AM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Yanno, maybe that's what caused it! The Yakima ferry was taken out of service a week or so ago with a bent prop, it musta hit that sub! Well, it could happen!
Well, if they are anything like the public Bus drivers over here it was probably Operator error. I hear they have some guys think they will just slow down when they hit the dock pilings.. Probably just hit a log or something submerged though.

Funny story, I think anyway. Pulled into the ferry pay booth over there once. Wife and me, daughter and her husband in the back...Well, I'm always reading the signs on the booth etc..one said Handicap half price or something like that....so I kiddingly said we got a handicap in the back seat and before I could say I was kidding she punched our tickets out...One Handicaped...

I thought my daughters husband was going to get out and run for it. His dad used to work for the Ferry Service and he took those things seriously.... He was from Whidbey Island, always telling me to slow down in Seattle too...Ohh MY no Fun...Sometimes you just have to make the day more than it is....Got a few more stories like that but will save them for a slow day...

Last edited by NOWUCME; 05-10-2018 at 01:47 AM.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:28 AM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Ya mean those black wheels were for shipping only purposes?? Dang! I didn't see that in the owners manual! Gonna have to reread that phat sucker! Yanno, even the owner's manual of a GSer is phat!

Last edited by TomdaToolman; 05-10-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:33 AM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Here's a pic of NOWUCME, C5 gone but not forgotten
Better Plate now..below

Did you say Homey, you talking to me, you talking to me??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEVhOA1eVmE
Sweet black C5!!!
NOWUCME (05-10-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Old 05-10-2018, 09:46 AM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Can't remember but know it wasn't a Skier. Probably a small boat or the Buoy. It was smaller sub like you say..headed North and a ways out of Anacortes. Probably loaded with the cash from the 3:15 run . I suppose that was Miller of the Miller Brewing Co. and Pratt of Pratt & Whitney?? just Saying...Lot of rich people over on the Coast, mostly Libs so I don't associate much with them...I thought those people didn't have to go to the store themselves....just rumor though

I was at a little Pub on the lake at Coeur d' Alene one summer. Sitting out on the deck having a hamburger and here comes John Elway walking over to a table. I hollered "Hike" at him and boy you should have seen him take the "Position" fast. Told me to "run out" Ya know he went to High School in Pulman...His dad was a coach at WSU a few years....Heard Stanford hired his dad to get him to come there...There's a fancy private golf club up there that he belongs too.
That is cool about Elway! He drove me crazy as a Seahawk fan, back in the Zorn & Largent days!

Yanno, I do believe that little sub was Steve Miller's Oh Black Betty!
Old 05-10-2018, 10:04 AM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

A baser's idea of fun with toilet paper, cuz they're not allowed to play with the Legos anymore!

Last edited by TomdaToolman; 05-10-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:43 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,779 Likes on 2,416 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

...a little break in Wallace...
Didn't Wallace used to have a, um, house of ill repute? Not that I ever stopped there...

Quick Reply: Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill