Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 Tech/Performance
Reload this Page >

C7 throttle body response, getting to know it

Notices
C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 throttle body response, getting to know it

Old 05-31-2019, 07:31 PM
CptCvMan
CF Senior Member

Received 137 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Not likely. At least do these, it won't take long;

1. Let idle for 3 min
2. Engine off for 1 min.
3. Let idle for 3 more min.
4. Off another min.
5. Drive at 44 mph or greater and let decelerate, several times.

Thanks,
Will do. Thank you for the quick shipment and quick response.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:59 PM
Krenath

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Mine just arrived. That was fast!

Typing this up while idling the car with it in.

installation was super quick and easy. And you can really see the difference between stock and the Soler TB and the work that went into it.

New versus old side by side.

New throttle body. So shiny!
The following 2 users liked this post by Krenath:
[email protected] (06-09-2019), RedBaroness (06-08-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 03:17 PM
Catman74

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Inspections, emissions in NC

Mike, thanks for your comments and info over the weekend via email. I have been reading a lot of the threads on your PTB but haven't come across any comment or question about any impact on passing emissions inspections here in NC or anywhere else, so I could assume there is no issue. Obviously, there are a lot of people on these threads that understand how all this works better than I do and perhaps the answer is hidden in those threads. Is there anything to be concerned about in this regard?
Thanks,
John
Old 06-12-2019, 03:20 PM
RelentlessSecurity

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Catman74 View Post
Mike, thanks for your comments and info over the weekend via email. I have been reading a lot of the threads on your PTB but haven't come across any comment or question about any impact on passing emissions inspections here in NC or anywhere else, so I could assume there is no issue. Obviously, there are a lot of people on these threads that understand how all this works better than I do and perhaps the answer is hidden in those threads. Is there anything to be concerned about in this regard?
Thanks,
John
I'm in NC. You won't need to worry about emissions on the PTB. Now start messing with your cats then you have to worry.
The following 2 users liked this post by RelentlessSecurity:
Catman74 (Yesterday), [email protected] (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 03:27 PM
[email protected]
Supporting Vendor

Received 126 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Catman74 View Post
Thanks,
John
Catman74, the car runs stoichiometric as it should (complete combustion) when it should. The EVAP and Exhaust systems are unaffected by the modification. We have had zero emissions CEL/Codes, and customers report improved fuel economy on highway driving.

We think a car equipped with one of our throttle bodies should easily comply w/ NC, CA, and other states emissions regulations, or at the very least be equivalent to the OEM (stock) in this regard.

Thanks,
www.solerengineering.com
The following users liked this post:
Catman74 (Yesterday)
Old 06-13-2019, 01:57 AM
TNSQUIRE
CF Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 149 Posts

I have a Tony Mamo Ported TB arriving tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:25 AM
C7Me
CF Senior Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19

Originally Posted by TNSQUIRE View Post
I have a Tony Mamo Ported TB arriving tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works.
I had a similar PTB on my car before the Soler MTB and while it was a big improvement over stock the Soler took the throttle response another step further as there was another noticeable improvement over the PTB.
The following users liked this post:
[email protected] (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 02:29 AM
TNSQUIRE
CF Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by C7Me
I had a similar PTB on my car before the Soler MTB and while it was a big improvement over stock the Soler took the throttle response another step further as there was another noticeable improvement over the PTB.
I was going to go with Soler but found a Mamo for $225. Decided to give that a try.
The following 2 users liked this post by TNSQUIRE:
C7Me (06-13-2019), [email protected] (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 02:43 AM
C7Me
CF Senior Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19

Originally Posted by TNSQUIRE View Post
I was going to go with Soler but found a Mamo for $225. Decided to give that a try.
Youíll like it because like I said itís a big improvement over stock. I will keep my PTB and put that on the car when I sell it and then sell the Soler one separately.
Old Today, 03:25 PM
DSPC7
CF Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts

I am impatient as well and followed the abbreviated relearn below. Ordered mine on Monday the 10th, it came yesterday the 14th! Installed this morning - Been out driving for about 50 miles and there is a distinct difference with throttle response that I definitely can feel. Sorry no data logging but first butt dyno impressions are great. Don't remember reading how long the relearn takes, is there a mileage point or engine hours before complete? So far so good, I can only assume it will get better with more miles! On another note I donít know if driving mode matters but I ran through the up to 44 and higher and decelerate several times in Touring, Sport and Track just to cover all the bases. I donít know what those other two modes are!

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Not likely. At least do these, it won't take long;

1. Let idle for 3 min
2. Engine off for 1 min.
3. Let idle for 3 more min.
4. Off another min.
5. Drive at 44 mph or greater and let decelerate, several times.

Thanks,
Old Today, 03:54 PM
[email protected]
Supporting Vendor

Received 126 Likes on 70 Posts

Thanks, DSPC7. Glad you liked it.

The service manual is vague in that regard as well. It doesn't specify miles or number of driving cycles, it just reads "a few driving cycles". We know from experience that 50-100 miles subdivided into 5-10 driving cycles, do the job. Many times the learning goes very smoothly and it goes unnoticed.
www.solerengineering.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 throttle body response, getting to know it

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: