C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 throttle body response, getting to know it

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 05:59 PM
Krenath
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Mine just arrived. That was fast!

Typing this up while idling the car with it in.

installation was super quick and easy. And you can really see the difference between stock and the Soler TB and the work that went into it.

New versus old side by side.

New throttle body. So shiny!
The following 2 users liked this post by Krenath:
Mike@SolerEngr (06-09-2019), RedBaroness (06-08-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 03:17 PM
Catman74
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Inspections, emissions in NC

Mike, thanks for your comments and info over the weekend via email. I have been reading a lot of the threads on your PTB but haven't come across any comment or question about any impact on passing emissions inspections here in NC or anywhere else, so I could assume there is no issue. Obviously, there are a lot of people on these threads that understand how all this works better than I do and perhaps the answer is hidden in those threads. Is there anything to be concerned about in this regard?
Thanks,
John
Old 06-12-2019, 03:20 PM
RelentlessSecurity
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Catman74
Mike, thanks for your comments and info over the weekend via email. I have been reading a lot of the threads on your PTB but haven't come across any comment or question about any impact on passing emissions inspections here in NC or anywhere else, so I could assume there is no issue. Obviously, there are a lot of people on these threads that understand how all this works better than I do and perhaps the answer is hidden in those threads. Is there anything to be concerned about in this regard?
Thanks,
John
I'm in NC. You won't need to worry about emissions on the PTB. Now start messing with your cats then you have to worry.
The following 2 users liked this post by RelentlessSecurity:
Catman74 (06-14-2019), Mike@SolerEngr (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 03:27 PM
Mike@SolerEngr
Supporting Vendor

Received 530 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Catman74
Thanks,
John
Catman74, the car runs stoichiometric as it should (complete combustion) when it should. The EVAP and Exhaust systems are unaffected by the modification. We have had zero emissions CEL/Codes, and customers report improved fuel economy on highway driving.

We think a car equipped with one of our throttle bodies should easily comply w/ NC, CA, and other states emissions regulations, or at the very least be equivalent to the OEM (stock) in this regard.

Thanks,
www.solerengineering.com

The following users liked this post:
Catman74 (06-14-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 01:57 AM
TNSQUIRE
Drifting

Received 336 Likes on 238 Posts

I have a Tony Mamo Ported TB arriving tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:25 AM
C7Me
Burning Brakes

Received 490 Likes on 262 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19

Originally Posted by TNSQUIRE
I have a Tony Mamo Ported TB arriving tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works.
I had a similar PTB on my car before the Soler MTB and while it was a big improvement over stock the Soler took the throttle response another step further as there was another noticeable improvement over the PTB.
Mike@SolerEngr (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 02:29 AM
TNSQUIRE
Drifting

Received 336 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by C7Me
I had a similar PTB on my car before the Soler MTB and while it was a big improvement over stock the Soler took the throttle response another step further as there was another noticeable improvement over the PTB.
I was going to go with Soler but found a Mamo for $225. Decided to give that a try.
The following 3 users liked this post by TNSQUIRE:
C7Me (06-13-2019), MichaelG62 (12-14-2019), Mike@SolerEngr (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 02:43 AM
C7Me
Burning Brakes

Received 490 Likes on 262 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19

Originally Posted by TNSQUIRE
I was going to go with Soler but found a Mamo for $225. Decided to give that a try.
You’ll like it because like I said it’s a big improvement over stock. I will keep my PTB and put that on the car when I sell it and then sell the Soler one separately.
Old 06-15-2019, 03:25 PM
DSPC7
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 142 Likes on 65 Posts

I am impatient as well and followed the abbreviated relearn below. Ordered mine on Monday the 10th, it came yesterday the 14th! Installed this morning - Been out driving for about 50 miles and there is a distinct difference with throttle response that I definitely can feel. Sorry no data logging but first butt dyno impressions are great. Don't remember reading how long the relearn takes, is there a mileage point or engine hours before complete? So far so good, I can only assume it will get better with more miles! On another note I don’t know if driving mode matters but I ran through the up to 44 and higher and decelerate several times in Touring, Sport and Track just to cover all the bases. I don’t know what those other two modes are!

Originally Posted by Mike@SolerEngr
Not likely. At least do these, it won't take long;

1. Let idle for 3 min
2. Engine off for 1 min.
3. Let idle for 3 more min.
4. Off another min.
5. Drive at 44 mph or greater and let decelerate, several times.

Thanks,
Old 06-15-2019, 03:54 PM
Mike@SolerEngr
Supporting Vendor

Thanks, DSPC7. Glad you liked it.

The service manual is vague in that regard as well. It doesn't specify miles or number of driving cycles, it just reads "a few driving cycles". We know from experience that 50-100 miles subdivided into 5-10 driving cycles, do the job. Many times the learning goes very smoothly and it goes unnoticed.
Old 06-30-2019, 01:34 PM
Mike@SolerEngr
Supporting Vendor

Default Free premium vinyl decals

*REPOST FROM ANOTHER THREAD FOR VISIBILITY*

Hello everyone, for a limited time we are giving away premium 3M "Soler Performance" Vinyl decals that can be applied safely to your car and are made with durability/quality in mind. This would be at no cost to you (shipping included).

If you are interested in one of these, please PM us here or via social media. Please include any social media tag name (e.g. @yourname, @solerperformance (ours), etc..). If you do not have any social media account(s), we ask to send us a picture with it on so we can feature in our website/Instagram/Facebook. More colors/letterings/styles/logos will be available in the near future for purchase or upon special request. For now, the only color available is white. LIMITED QUANTITIES and will be on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS. We will do a second round giveaway when a new batch arrives. #FeelTheDifference

(Apologies for the unwashed car, due to the high number of orders... The Soler Performace Corvette has been left unpampered. Also super excited for the giveaway and we wanted to waste no time).

Cheers,

The following 2 users liked this post by Mike@SolerEngr:
Krenath (07-06-2020), Zan Dad (06-30-2019)
Old 06-30-2019, 02:29 PM
Zan Dad
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

I accept your apology Mike, poor vette needs some love but hey your customer service is top notch! Looking forward to installing my Soler PTB next week.
Mike@SolerEngr (06-30-2019)
Old 06-30-2019, 03:08 PM
RobsCountach`
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mike@solerengr
thanks, dspc7. Glad you liked it.

The service manual is vague in that regard as well. It doesn't specify miles or number of driving cycles, it just reads "a few driving cycles". We know from experience that 50-100 miles subdivided into 5-10 driving cycles, do the job. Many times the learning goes very smoothly and it goes unnoticed.
pm sent
Old 09-09-2019, 10:07 AM
Mike@SolerEngr
Supporting Vendor

Default Total Throttle Control

Hello Everyone, we have a new product to spice up our Throttle Bodies. Pls, check this thread or visit our website. Thx.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...e-control.html
Old 09-26-2019, 09:27 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

Just installed one of Mike's ptb's over the weekend and things are still in the learning phase. I unhooked the battery for 24+ hours, long story, before I installed it. So far it's so much better than stock it's not funny. It's also better than my Mamo throttle body which I now have for sale. I will try to remember to do a review once I get more miles and some track time on it.
Mike@SolerEngr (09-27-2019)
Old 09-30-2019, 09:03 PM
Mike@SolerEngr
Supporting Vendor

This video just emerged today on youtube. Here you'll find some data and a review courtesy of Kyle @ Goat Rope Garage (Darth_Vader). He is a respected member at GM-Truck forums and he surely knows what he is talking about.

The following 2 users liked this post by Mike@SolerEngr:
65fastback (10-01-2019), db2xpert (10-03-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 08:05 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,624 Likes on 6,628 Posts

^^^
Good video with real life test (albeit with a ProCharger.)

I have had your modified throttle body installed on my Grand Sport since end June. What a difference. I had a Vitesse Throttle Controller (removed after getting a MRC upgrade and now driving in Sport) but the response with your product has nothing to do with changing the drive by wire relationship, i.e. opening the Throttle more for a given Pedal movement. It's much better and the improvement readily observed when taking off and anytime pressing the accelerator quickly! Great product!

Not a video but a detailed ~10 page PDF including some of your excellent website data and some of my own. My part time internet business (not auto related) involves patented gas flow, choked flow etc product: http://netwelding.com/Soler_Mod_TB.pdf

Have "hold-a-spot" money on a C8, if as expected it can benefit and you'll have a modified throttle body for it, when you do with performance info- I'll install! Great job.

Last edited by JerryU; 10-01-2019 at 08:09 AM.
Mike@SolerEngr (10-01-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To C7 throttle body response, getting to know it

Old 10-02-2019, 08:32 PM
phalse
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 241 Posts

That was pretty damn awesome, Jerry.
JerryU (10-03-2019)
Old 10-07-2019, 12:00 PM
corvettedreamin
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Haven't been here in ages but I thought I'd add my $.02 regarding the Soler Performance ported throttle body.

This thing WORKS. I ordered it last week and had it within a couple of days. I installed it Saturday and did the quick relearn procedure followed by a healthy 100+ mile round trip. No issues and the throttle response was so much better than stock. Can't believe I just settled for things the way they were for 2 years with this car. I also purchased the Throttle Controller but opted not to install it so I could differentiate the upgrades.

For the record, I have a 1LT M7 with a Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back exhaust and a K&N filter. So basically, nothing major. But SP's mod really made a difference I can feel.

The following 2 users liked this post by corvettedreamin:
JerryU (10-07-2019), Mike@SolerEngr (10-10-2019)
Old 10-14-2019, 11:23 AM
JackTBear
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Just installed the new Soler TB on my barely broken-in 2019 C7 Stingray A8. Very easy 15 min install for an old farmboy even.

I will post more later about how pleased I am with Mike Soler’s throttle body and why I got it but I have a question that may fall into the ‘dumb question’ category.

I did the recommended overnight battery disconnect to wipe existing data from memory (as I understand it) and precisely followed instructions, I’ve also been driving exclusively in M as recommended during the relearn. I am only 15 miles into the relearn process.

Does the ‘data wipe’ relearning exercise also include anything to do with the rev matching of the A8 transmission? It may be just ignorance or hyper attention being in effect but it seems like the 3-2 downshift feels a bit clunky, like the throttle blip isn’t happening, is this new or did I just never notice it?

Quick Reply: C7 throttle body response, getting to know it