Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

No thread on the NYC power outage?

Old 07-15-2019, 10:08 AM
jw38
CF Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14,'18

Originally Posted by Thunder22 View Post
Let me explain what happened, and the impact, to you troglodytes who never leave west bum-**** ****-hole USA that you call home:

1) Not everyone who lives in the NY/NJ area is a democrat/liberal, those of us who aren't are just outnumbered.

2) 73,000 residences were without power...... no big deal? guess what Gilligans, that's not 73,000 1 floor ranch slum houses like you're used to calling home, that's all apartments in, wait for it..... multi floor apartment BUILDINGS. And how do people get up to their 50th floor apartment or down to street level? yes, that's right trogolodytes, via an elevator!!!! What do elevators need to go up and down? That's right! Electricity!!!!! And what happens to residents who are in the elevator when the power goes out? That's right! They get trapped!!! (see how logical this is now? when you stop and think about it?) So all over NYC, people were trapped in Elevators.

3) now, let's apply the apartment building paradigm to transportation..... which US city has the busiest subway system? That's right!!!! NYC!!! And what happens when the NYC subway system loses power? that's right!!!! the trains stop running suddenly! And what happens to the thousands of people who are on the trains when the power goes out? That's right!!!! They're trapped!!! underground, in a tunnel, with no AC, for hours.

4) Now let's talk about the 20,000 people were at Madison Square Garden for the JLo concert... .that's right!!! They're stuck in a dark stadium! Same with every Broadway theater (over 30 of them), Carnegie Hall, Radio City Music Hall, other smaller show venues, Movie theaters, bars, restaurants, etc... everyone in the dark. Thousands and thousands of people.

5) Times square - at any given moment there are literally over 100,000 people wandering around the Times Square, think of it like adult Disneyland, and suddenly, they're all in the dark, and have no where to go because, that's right, they're mostly tourists who are staying in hotels, and now remember #2 and #3, they can't go back to their hotels because no subways, traffic lights, etc, and the hotels have elevators!!! (see #2).

here endeth the lesson......

/flame suit on

The only lesson I learned from your post is that NYC is still a **** hole.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:46 AM
MY03C5Z
CF Senior Member

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder22 View Post
Let me explain what happened, and the impact, to you troglodytes who never leave west bum-**** ****-hole USA that you call home:

1) Not everyone who lives in the NY/NJ area is a democrat/liberal, those of us who aren't are just outnumbered.

2) 73,000 residences were without power...... no big deal? guess what Gilligans, that's not 73,000 1 floor ranch slum houses like you're used to calling home, that's all apartments in, wait for it..... multi floor apartment BUILDINGS. And how do people get up to their 50th floor apartment or down to street level? yes, that's right trogolodytes, via an elevator!!!! What do elevators need to go up and down? That's right! Electricity!!!!! And what happens to residents who are in the elevator when the power goes out? That's right! They get trapped!!! (see how logical this is now? when you stop and think about it?) So all over NYC, people were trapped in Elevators.

3) now, let's apply the apartment building paradigm to transportation..... which US city has the busiest subway system? That's right!!!! NYC!!! And what happens when the NYC subway system loses power? that's right!!!! the trains stop running suddenly! And what happens to the thousands of people who are on the trains when the power goes out? That's right!!!! They're trapped!!! underground, in a tunnel, with no AC, for hours.

4) Now let's talk about the 20,000 people were at Madison Square Garden for the JLo concert... .that's right!!! They're stuck in a dark stadium! Same with every Broadway theater (over 30 of them), Carnegie Hall, Radio City Music Hall, other smaller show venues, Movie theaters, bars, restaurants, etc... everyone in the dark. Thousands and thousands of people.

5) Times square - at any given moment there are literally over 100,000 people wandering around the Times Square, think of it like adult Disneyland, and suddenly, they're all in the dark, and have no where to go because, that's right, they're mostly tourists who are staying in hotels, and now remember #2 and #3, they can't go back to their hotels because no subways, traffic lights, etc, and the hotels have elevators!!! (see #2).

here endeth the lesson......

/flame suit on

Wgaf. My power went out Thurs evening for 4 hours too. BFD.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:06 PM
Dave concrete
CF Senior Member

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by MY03C5Z View Post
Wgaf. My power went out Thurs evening for 4 hours too. BFD.
Exactly, and no one gives a **** about a neighborhood in PA.

Last edited by Dave concrete; 07-15-2019 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:39 PM
DDSLT5
CF Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Meh. Don't give a ****.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No thread on the NYC power outage?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: