Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

AR 15 for home Defense

Old 07-15-2019, 12:02 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 59 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by TCracingCA View Post
The ATF just handed down new Fed Law on pistiol ARs canít have any type of foregrip, making them a two handed weapon along with the braces! As a pistol is not to be shoulder fired or two handed in that manner. I donít have an ARs but thought some might want to read up on this new ruling/change! Many have been going less than 26 inch overall with pistol based configurations, making essentially SBRs. Now these types of mods fall under NFA.
Thanks for the heads up. I may or may not have a foregrip on my AR pistol. Any ideas if previous configurations will be grandfathered in?
Old 07-15-2019, 08:05 PM
Dave concrete
CF Senior Member

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by MY03C5Z View Post
So apparently it prevents you from releasing the magazine and the only way to reload it is through the top with the gun opened up:

It was a feel good moment for the gun grabbers and the governor. His feeling was no AR style weapon from NY, would be used in a mass shooting. Ironically he's probably right. But just silly. Yet, I can own a 50cal
Old 07-15-2019, 08:44 PM
MY03C5Z
CF Senior Member

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave concrete View Post
It was a feel good moment for the gun grabbers and the governor. His feeling was no AR style weapon from NY, would be used in a mass shooting. Ironically he's probably right. But just silly. Yet, I can own a 50cal

Yep, we all know mass shooters typically follow all applicable gun laws prior to their attack. lol.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:01 PM
Dave concrete
CF Senior Member

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Yep, we all know mass shooters typically follow all applicable gun laws prior to their attack. lol.
If you were planning a mass shooting and an AR is what you wanted, would you purchase only available NY compliant one or one from PA with zero restrictions on it itís ability? That was their point.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:07 PM
NY09C6
CF Senior Member

Received 338 Likes on 215 Posts

There are speed loaders for fixed mag ARs, more than one option too.

https://www.meanarms.com/products/de...oader-for-ar15

you can also run several different compromised grips and legally have a removable mag.

So apparently it prevents you from releasing the magazine and the only way to reload it is through the top with the gun opened up:

Last edited by NY09C6; 07-15-2019 at 10:08 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AR 15 for home Defense

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: