Notices
Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

2020 Hyundai Palisade

Old 07-15-2019, 04:45 AM
RAGS747
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have never been impressed with the Volvo’s, test drove an XC90 last year and remember thinking that after all these years they still do not know how to deliver a nice damped ride like the Germans. Actually preferred the Durango RT and Grand Cherokee which both drove better imo. Hell, I was super impressed with the Alfa Romeo Stelvio as well which rides like the Germans. I always put the Swedes ride quality in with the Japanese and again after all of these years it is just not that impressive to me.

Would love to to see a pic of that Genesis badge on the boot lid, you probably have people rushing home and looking it up.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:52 AM
cvp33
CF Senior Member

Received 710 Likes on 486 Posts

Some reviewers called the Volvo ride ‘brittle’, we didn’t get that impression. We did love our Jeep GC’s ride though, but have to be honest. The Hyundai is better. As far as the Genesis badge. I’m positive Hyundai will have something in the next 2 years based on the Palisade’s architecture. It will give them an excuse to put the V8 in it, up the tech and push the luxury even further. My guess would be a range topping model for $80K that rivals the Mercedes and BMW in every way. Just go drive a V8 G90 Ultimate.

Last edited by cvp33; 07-15-2019 at 06:53 AM.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:31 AM
fyreline
NCM Ambassador
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 473 Likes on 240 Posts
2016 C1 of the Year Finalist

Interesting. We drove a few different Mercedes, and found the XC90 to ride nicer than any of them. Some Volvo owners say the XC90 can be very sensitive to different wheel & tire combinations, and then there is always the air ride option that some love and some do not. Again, to each their own, and it's nice that there are so many excellent choices. My youngest son bought a new Range Rover Evoque for his wife, and he actually prefers the Volvo after having driven both - but his wife just HAD to have the "cute" Range Rover. As I said, to each their own, I guess.

Last edited by fyreline; 07-15-2019 at 09:58 AM.
Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM
Tommy79
CF Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm also looking for the wife. She likes the Kia. I like the Kia OUTSIDE and the Palisade INSIDE....
Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM
cvp33
CF Senior Member

Received 710 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by RAGS747 View Post
Have never been impressed with the Volvo’s, test drove an XC90 last year and remember thinking that after all these years they still do not know how to deliver a nice damped ride like the Germans. Actually preferred the Durango RT and Grand Cherokee which both drove better imo. Hell, I was super impressed with the Alfa Romeo Stelvio as well which rides like the Germans. I always put the Swedes ride quality in with the Japanese and again after all of these years it is just not that impressive to me.

Would love to to see a pic of that Genesis badge on the boot lid, you probably have people rushing home and looking it up.
Problem solved.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2020 Hyundai Palisade

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: