C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you notice

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 10:23 PM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

Received 2,608 Likes on 1,394 Posts

Your Vette appears to be really sad that one of his brothers brought shame to all C6 by losing a race to a Ford Mustang.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:11 AM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

New fog lights? Haven't looked any farther, so someone else may have picked up on that.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:51 AM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 155 Likes on 134 Posts

Yea, the pic is deceiving, taken in the bright Florida sun with an old iPhone6S. The cyber grey hides a lot too.

Front splitter is off, I removed it due to a very fast armadillo bouncing off it during the early am while going to work. It knocked a few clips loose, so I took it off to figure out how to repair the plastic.

But I figured I'd try the performance handling with it off, and so far it has been very similar, meaning no weird "floating", etc., even at high triple digit speeds. And for the safety folks out here, I gradually worked up to it, did not do it in traffic, etc. I've also been caught in a couple strong T-storm crosswinds, and it is no noticeable difference there either. The front end also clears parking curbs much better

I do plan on putting it back on, but hope this makes folks feel better that their car won't become a Prius if the front spoiler is off while driving.

The funny thing is, NO ONE has noticed it, even my friends that have corvettes. It's a daily driver too, and has been off about a month. But once you do, it's like that small scratch, you keep noticing it.......
Old 07-11-2019, 07:04 AM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jimijam
A hooker pissed all over the hood after you refused to pay her in cash and give her a ride back to the trailer park before her mom woke up.
Here's what happened when I pissed the hooker off ...

Whoops .....
The following users liked this post:
jimijam (07-11-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 07:23 AM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Iceaxe
Your Vette appears to be really sad that one of his brothers brought shame to all C6 by losing a race to a Ford Mustang.
Yea, I occasionally try to put smiles back on our Vette brothers and sisters faces

Back from the track

When I had a set of Cooper tires on it, I could easily light them up at 35-40 mph by shifting to 2nd. While driving home one day, I had a Hellcat pull up beside me in Daytona (when they first came out) and wanted to race at the next red light. I said "hold on, let me warm my tires up", and proceeded to smoke them for a couple seconds while doing about 40 mph. I had also opened up the NPP (and I have headers) so it ROARED. When we stopped at the light and I grinned at him, he just laughed and turned right

The power bluff has also worked on Mustangs too
Old 07-11-2019, 09:07 AM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

I have a take-off splitter for you. It isn't perfect but it's decent. My family is coming up here next weekend. I can send it back down with them. You'll just have to go over to Palm Coast to grab it. Yours if you want it.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:29 AM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Sox-Fan
I have a take-off splitter for you. It isn't perfect but it's decent. My family is coming up here next weekend. I can send it back down with them. You'll just have to go over to Palm Coast to grab it. Yours if you want it.

Wow, thanks! I'll PM you my info, and owe you a dinner or something when you are down this way.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:17 PM
dbielicke
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Seeing this and with your feedback...I may take mine off. It scrapes on my driveway fairly often unless I hit it at juuust the right angle. So rather than wonder if my splitter is going to get ripped off, I may just beat it to the punch!
Old 07-12-2019, 06:06 AM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Yea, it's easy to take off, you just need to lay on your back for a few minutes with a small socket or wrench. There's several small screws around the edges, I would do the outer ones first, and work my way to the middle, but it's just personal preference. I would also feel the tightness of the metal clips that the screws go thru, and remove them if they are loose (so that you don't lose them later). And, if you don't like the look, you can clean it up and reinstall it just as easily.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:09 PM
C6 Snowboarder
Race Director

Received 684 Likes on 372 Posts

Looks like you dipped the front fascia in hot wax about 10 times... so the Wick is missing.

Quick Reply: Can you notice