Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Looking for advice on scheduling issues where I work. Looking for advice?

Notices
Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Looking for advice on scheduling issues where I work. Looking for advice?

Old 07-12-2019, 08:12 PM
The JOe
CF Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12

Originally Posted by Meh View Post
Do you have coworkers willing to sign off on that and challenge the boss?
I know of at least 2 that would, primarily because they already have new jobs lined up with a great company on site and are just awaiting their start dates so they wouldn't have much to fear.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:16 PM
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by The JOe View Post
oh im not mad or angry, im more irritated and worried about being fired from a job (ive never been fired before) and on our security clearances it clearly goes into our background if you have ever been fired or let go from a previous job in the last 10yrs which really impacts chances of DoD clearance.

im going to do what JetMechZ16 recommends, im going to copy the whole schedule verbatim on a grid and just have a co-worker who's also there sign it as proof so i have some documentation and a witness.

If all goes according to plan my 2week notice will be submitted within the next 3-4 weeks and onto bigger and better things with a much more respected sub-contractor on site who's employees are overall happy with the company.

Thanks guys.
Best of luck to you - this is definitely a fucked-up situation.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:24 PM
repo
CF Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
St Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by weathermaker View Post
So if I understand correctly, on the whiteboard there is your start time and the plant you are to be at the next day. Correct? The whiteboard is in only one location. Correct? How do you know where to go the next day if you are not at the whiteboard plant?

Answer please.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:03 AM
The JOe
CF Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12

Originally Posted by repo View Post

Answer please.
Yes, there are 3 locations... the main location is in the middle of the other 2 geographically and the other sites are separated by about 20-30 miles in opposite directions.

The schedule is up at the main site in Lancaster, Ca but we can be scheduled for 1 site Monday, main site Tuesday, or the north site Wednesday so were not always around the schedule to check for ourselves which complicates it sometimes. overall were are usually kept at a certain site for several weeks to months straight but it can change depending on upcoming contractor requests, construction projects or site tours...

Each site has 2-3 company trucks with "Leads" of sorts who travel to the main site in the AM with their personal cars to pick up the company truck and drive it to the designated location and although i go out of my way to check the board in person 2-3x a week often when one of the guys in the trucks gets off were supposed to call/text him to pass on our site location and time for the next day which usually works and isn't a huge deal but then discrepancies can happen and it can lead to "well i showed up here at x time because thats what (site lead) said" and even though were following our bosses directions on how to go about finding our schedules out for the next day when times, sites or assignments aren't correct from their mistake or my boss changing them after the fact it causes confusion.

the 3 sites are almost perfectly vertical to each other North to South... my apartment to the site i typically work is 20-25min, then another 20-30 minutes to the central/main site where the schedule is written and the north site is about 30-40 minutes from there so if im at the main site or north site i stop on my way home from work to check for myself but when at the south site and you get off after 11-12hrs (typical day) to go north 20-30 min and then double back an hour south to come home is frustrating as hell...

It used to be that we all reported to the main site and from there we clocked in and they paid us mileage (as well as on the clock already) to then get to where we need to be but then it changed with an app on our phones to clock in at the remote sites because they were sick of paying mileage which was fine by me but its so stupid how we use a very nice app on our phones to clock in but their too lazy to schedule a week or even 3 days in advanced when built into the app the front page is built to post our schedules but they refuse to use it for whatever reason.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for advice on scheduling issues where I work. Looking for advice?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: