Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > General Corvette Topics > Car Care Discussion
Reload this Page >

Please recommend a heavy brake dust cleaner safe on all wheels.

Notices
Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please recommend a heavy brake dust cleaner safe on all wheels.

Old 07-09-2019, 05:04 PM
FYRARMS
CF Senior Member

Received 754 Likes on 535 Posts

Originally Posted by CamarosRus View Post
IF I wanted to buy "something" other than SOAP What Brand/Product wont hurt the CLEAR POWDER COAT

Chuck
I have been using this. Meguiar's "Hot Rims Aluminum". This is extremely gentle. My wheels are brushed and clear powder coated, and I haven't noticed any issues at all from using this. Just make sure you get this exact blue-colored one, because Meguiar's offers a standard "Hot Rims" product that is colored pink, and it is more aggressive.

Old 07-10-2019, 12:27 PM
CamarosRus
CF Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

FYRARMS......I'll look for the above BLUE bottle at WalMart ??? or AMAZON

What can I do with my GALLON of that D-140 which says to DILUTE 4:1

I think I used it Full Strength on my $3500 FORGED Wheels (I'm a Stupid Dumb AZZ)
Nothing more than Dumb Luck the Damage wasnt more extensive
Old 07-10-2019, 12:43 PM
FYRARMS
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by CamarosRus View Post
FYRARMS......I'll look for the above BLUE bottle at WalMart ??? or AMAZON
I get mine at Walmart. Sometimes they have it on a good sale.

What can I do with my GALLON of that D-140 which says to DILUTE 4:1
Honestly, I would use it on my other cars. Dilute it as recommended, put it in a dedicated spray bottle, and just use it on my daily driver wheels and such. Maybe also use it for cleaning exhaust tips and similar metal parts that get dirty.

I think I used it Full Strength on my $3500 FORGED Wheels (I'm a Stupid Dumb AZZ)
Nothing more than Dumb Luck the Damage wasnt more extensive
Yeah, that was pretty much straight acid. Glad the damage wasn't worse, or in a spot that is more easily noticeable!
Old 07-11-2019, 08:25 PM
sedgwick24

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have use Ammo NYC brute and plum cleaners. He is a detailer that specializes in high end rides and designed this on his own. Good combo to get caked on brake dust off plus the plum to make sure you got it all.

https://www.ammonyc.com/shop/ammo-wheel-regimen-kit/
The following users liked this post:
FYRARMS (07-11-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 10:08 PM
FYRARMS
CF Senior Member

AMMO products are very good, and very pricey. I just can't spend $20 on 16oz of wheel cleaner. I spent $18 on a whole gallon of P&S Brake Buster. Just my choice, of course!

If you like the AMMO Plum because it changes color as it removes the iron deposits,I highly recommend picking up a $4.95 23oz bottle of Eagle One just to try it out. At that crazy low price, why not? It turns purple as it breaks down the dust like the AMMO. You can also use it to remove iron spots from your paint, as it is pH-neutral.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please recommend a heavy brake dust cleaner safe on all wheels.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: