Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

New Jeep- What should I expect to pay?

Notices
Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

New Jeep- What should I expect to pay?

Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM
scottycards
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by Swany00 View Post

there's a Gladiator around here with a 4" lift, only $71k.
Yeah, this is why we went with a stripped-down base model. Jeeps are super easy to work on, and options come at about twice the cost of DIY.

They had one on the dealer's lot with 35s and a 2.5" Mopar lift on it, and it was a $10k price bump . I can do a Mopar 2.5" lift and wheels/tires for less than half that on my own. Maybe a day in my garage to do the lift. 2 grand, tops. Tires and wheels, another 2 grand.
Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM
E in Phila
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Good thread, thanks for all the info. I'm watching the JL market myself right now.
Old Today, 12:02 PM
jrc27
CF Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
Yeah, this is why we went with a stripped-down base model. Jeeps are super easy to work on, and options come at about twice the cost of DIY.

They had one on the dealer's lot with 35s and a 2.5" Mopar lift on it, and it was a $10k price bump . I can do a Mopar 2.5" lift and wheels/tires for less than half that on my own. Maybe a day in my garage to do the lift. 2 grand, tops. Tires and wheels, another 2 grand.
Did it come with the hinge gate reinforcement?
Old Today, 12:41 PM
scottycards
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by jrc27 View Post
Did it come with the hinge gate reinforcement?
Not unless it's stock from the factory that way. From a quick Google search, it sounds like you're asking if an aftermarket part was included. No, we didn't get anything extra.

The Jeep we bought has 245s on it, and will probably get 285s at some point, and I doubt we'll need anything for that.
Old Today, 04:37 PM
jrc27
CF Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
Not unless it's stock from the factory that way. From a quick Google search, it sounds like you're asking if an aftermarket part was included. No, we didn't get anything extra.

The Jeep we bought has 245s on it, and will probably get 285s at some point, and I doubt we'll need anything for that.
It's also a factory option, but i was going to say that anything over 33s start to get heavy on the swing gate

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Jeep- What should I expect to pay?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: