Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who made this render?

Old 07-17-2019, 03:36 PM
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member

Received 2,865 Likes on 1,485 Posts

I can't see GM doing 2-tone paint on one part. Wonder how they're going to black out the lip?

Old 07-18-2019, 07:42 AM
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member

Well there's the notch in the strake @General Tso talked about... he's seen the car.

The following users liked this post:
Futurevision (07-18-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 10:27 AM
firstvettesoon
CF Senior Member

Received 1,873 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder View Post
I can't see GM doing 2-tone paint on one part. Wonder how they're going to black out the lip?

I doubt they are. The observation/description prob just meant that " just under the fascia lip" it is filled with the grill insert and black.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:29 AM
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by General_TSO View Post
Strake! I learned a new word today - thank you for that! They overlap a bit beyond the grill, but not much at all.
Once you leave the corner of the bumper to come in towards the center top, it gets pretty basic. It isn't nearly as busy as this 'leaked' photo is, and it's clean and simple.
It doesn't barely show in the photo I'm looking at. It's quite obvious. Mostly because the arm is a different color then the body of the mirror. So the arm comes underneath and wraps around the outside of the mirror and contrasts quite significantly. Almost like the render above my post, but even more so.

I'm nit privy to options, specially when it comes to exterior. But from what I've seen, the lower center of the fascia is black. Almost like so...

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon View Post
I doubt they are. The observation/description prob just meant that " just under the fascia lip" it is filled with the grill insert and black.
See the General's post above... he's seen the car or he's a very convincing fake.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:30 AM
firstvettesoon
CF Senior Member

Well there's the notch in the strake @General Tso talked about... he's seen the car.

Other eyewitnesses said the "canard winglets " do not exist!
Old 07-18-2019, 10:31 AM
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member

Other eyewitnesses said the "canard winglets " do not exist!
Well they've been on every mule.... and if they're black then someone might not notice them with a quick glance taking in the whole car.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:33 AM
firstvettesoon
CF Senior Member

See the General's post above... he's seen the car or he's a very convincing fake.

Yes, but his description and the image he posted show exactly what I said. The grill insert is black and sits just below the front RED fascia nose. The "lower center" is black.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:35 AM
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member

Yes, but his description and the image he posted show exactly what I said. The grill insert is black and sits just below the front RED fascia nose. The "lower center" is black.
He posted a picture... lower center of the fascia part means the lip... not the grill opening. He's saying it looks like that subaru.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:41 AM
firstvettesoon
CF Senior Member

Well they've been on every mule.... and if they're black then someone might not notice them with a quick glance taking in the whole car.

I agree. They have always been there and make sense. The C8R has more aggressive ones.

My point is exactly what you noted... people notice different things and remember different things. that is why a police line up or eyewitness accounts are not solely relied upon. And why my renders used both what we see on the mules and eyewitness descriptions.

I remember one eyewitness claim they were not on the car at all. Fake.

Also the hood vent. C7Pimp, who was right about a lot of the car details said the version he saw had one large U shaped vent. Others claimed 2, like the Lotus. Others claimed no vent... so as we have discussed over the months/years! Different versions, test cars, 3d renders, concepts...OR, bad remembering.

I have rendered almost every idea and eyewitness claim at one time or another to test these ideas. Some will be proved correct and some will be proved wrong in mere hours ! ; )
The following users liked this post:
Tool Hoarder (07-18-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 10:44 AM
firstvettesoon
CF Senior Member

He posted a picture... lower center of the fascia part means the lip... not the grill opening. He's saying it looks like that subaru.

I think he is referring to the completed car "fascia" and not the paint shop part. There is no lower part to the "lip" There is only under. Which is why he posted the Subaru image. The completed fascia treatment is similar. Blue part is the paint shop part, Black part is grill insert.

I am sure he can step in and correct us...

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 07-18-2019 at 10:45 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who made this render?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: