C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

few questions - reversing a cat delete

Old 05-17-2019, 11:07 PM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by realcanuk
I am I Canada also and tune my own car. I don't
know what tuners will do it right. I can tell you from experience that cats or no cats, if the EOIT is not tuned for the cam, the car is not running at its optimum performance. Adjusting that not only cleaned up the smell but my car never ran better.
Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
in all fairness you did say im dead wrong, and im talking to the wrong shops, but now you say you don't know any shops that can do it either.

And that was my point, it doesn't make sense for me to chase down tuners and hope they can somehow improve it, especially at $600 a pop.

about 3 weeks ago I was an inch away from purchasing a supercharged camaro ss with a cat delete , it was just recently tuned at champion motors, (which is where I met the seller) one of the more reputable shops in Ontario, , and that car also had heavy exhaust fumes even when starting it up outside, much worse then mine actually.

I also spoke to the tuner who worked on the car I currently have, and he said its just the way it is with cat deletes, nothing can be done

Thanks for offering your advice though, I hope im not coming across as rude, I just hope I get the situation resolved, ill post my results once they are done.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:13 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I don't know any tuners to do it because I don't use any. There are tons of tooners, but good tuners can be hard to find.

Champion has a good reputation, but surprisingly even a lot of well know shops don't touch EOIT.

Anyways, You should just put on cats and don't worry about it. Easiest thing to do.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:45 AM
W27
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

My build was done by east coast supercharging, who seems pretty reputable and I had them go over the tune. I haven’t had time to get into it more but I was under the impression that it was the cat delete as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: few questions - reversing a cat delete