Notices
C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alky Control Issue

Old 05-15-2019, 04:07 PM
Patriot Six
CF Senior Member

Received 163 Likes on 157 Posts

Straight from Julio actual....three screws and the two nozzles and two electrical quick connects come off swap the new section button it up/purge the air from the lines and your gtg. The motor itself will ďlast foreverĒ that section is what goes bad and gets rebuilt. [/QUOTE]

Thanks. That's even more work than just replacing the whole pump. Lol
Old 05-15-2019, 04:21 PM
MRSUPRA
CF Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 73DBG View Post
Yes...kinda....it was brief and maybe I didnít clarify myself properly but.........he said the green light wonít always come on during test even on the single nozzle apparently, he told me how to temporarily turn my duel into a single if I wanted to test that as well, I didnít have near the time I wanted being we both had to make it brief. So Iíd probably just call him in your situation since I didnít get long to dive deeper into all this. Sorry man
Thanks anyway. I guess I need to call him since I can't figure this out
Old 05-15-2019, 04:21 PM
73DBG
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 135 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Patriot Six View Post
Straight from Julio actual....three screws and the two nozzles and two electrical quick connects come off swap the new section button it up/purge the air from the lines and your gtg. The motor itself will ďlast foreverĒ that section is what goes bad and gets rebuilt.
Thanks. That's even more work than just replacing the whole pump. Lol[/QUOTE]

How so? Iím not gonna have to remove anything to reach those three screws and two nozzles, fender stays on...quick swap, Julio said 10-15 min max....how long will it take to do the pump on yours? Pulling the fender off and everything underneath? Iím curious? I did the install myself....took me about 40 hours continuous....long story lol but I know I can reach that bottoms part without removing anything just lift the car a little bit
Old 05-15-2019, 05:04 PM
Patriot Six
CF Senior Member

Takes an additional 5-10 min to get fender off. I keep an extra pump on hand to swap out the whole thing.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:05 PM
73DBG
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Patriot Six View Post
Takes an additional 5-10 min to get fender off. I keep an extra pump on hand to swap out the whole thing.
Ok if thatís the case Iíll just swap the entire thing, first pump swap so definitely gonna go slow....and I may not have explained myself that well to Julio either
Old 05-17-2019, 08:08 PM
donnyt
CF Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll have to call Julio next week. I drove it this morning and it was 60ish degrees out and the meth worked great, on the way home it was 80ish degrees out and it wouldn't kick in

Seems like when it's cool out there isn't any issues with the system. Weird.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:19 PM
Patriot Six
CF Senior Member

I emailed him last Sunday and still donít have a response about the systemís inconsistency. I need to call him as well.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:28 PM
Unreal
CF Senior Member

Received 1,415 Likes on 1,203 Posts

I have a backup pump in garage if you need to try that.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:33 PM
73DBG
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I just got home from Tampa....started the car to let it get up to temp, hit the test button and Iíll be damned if it didnít go green on the test....

I got a new pump on hand so Iím gonna swap it, but I feel like Iíve never seen it go green on a test, maybe Iíve just looked away after I saw red in the past and the instructions say it wonít go green with a dual kit but I stayed locked on the light hit the test, saw red saw green standard engine stubble Iíve always seen....idk..🤔
Old 05-19-2019, 02:09 AM
donnyt
CF Member

Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
I have a backup pump in garage if you need to try that.
Appreciate it. I'm gonna call Julio Monday and see what he says and let you know if I need to try that.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:12 AM
donnyt
CF Member

I did rule out the cooler weather thoughts of it working without issues. I got on the freeway this morning and it was 58į out, made a pull merging on and it ran great no issues. I then went to make another pull after I slowed back down and the meth wouldn't spray so it working fine in cool weather and not warm weather theory is out the window
Old 05-19-2019, 05:33 PM
schpenxel
CF Senior Member

Received 765 Likes on 711 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by donnyt View Post
I did rule out the cooler weather thoughts of it working without issues. I got on the freeway this morning and it was 58į out, made a pull merging on and it ran great no issues. I then went to make another pull after I slowed back down and the meth wouldn't spray so it working fine in cool weather and not warm weather theory is out the window
I haven't read the whole thread, but how are you determining it is or isn't spraying?
Old 05-19-2019, 05:40 PM
donnyt
CF Member

Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
I haven't read the whole thread, but how are you determining it is or isn't spraying?
Test button at idle, have also pulled off the nozzle and put the line in a bottle to see it spray using the test button. Works the first 1-2 times for each engine cycle.

Also while driving by the meth light and overall performance of the car. It's a very noticeable difference when the meth kicks in vs not kicking in.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:15 PM
schpenxel
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '15

So the red light does or doesn't come on when the system isn't working? Just curious.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:26 PM
donnyt
CF Member

Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
So the red light does or doesn't come on when the system isn't working? Just curious.
Red light does come on, but green does not.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:11 PM
schpenxel
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '15

Gotcha

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: