Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C6 help with amp

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 08:44 AM
CaptainFalcon
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by daverulz
I hope I'm not coming off argumentative - Just trying to be clear about how this stuff works for the OP as he doesn't have a deep technical understanding.
We're on the same page

The 5 channel version of that amp should work very well for OP, I didn't realize it was so close in price to the 4 channel.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:59 AM
mecha
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just put together my build (c6 z06) which I think fits squarely in your budget if you get most of the gear off Amazon instead of paying the crutchfield/sonic premiums. I still need to do some more tuning/sound deadening, but as far as power output, I really can't complain. I also got the subthump box, but got the dual 10" with deeper option to make sure the subs fit. Here's the major pieces to the build.

HU: Kenwood DDX9704S with integration for chimes, steering wheel control, etc..
- All in, this ran about $500. No integrated nav, but with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, you get Waze so no need to spend extra for nav on the HU.

Front Stage: Rockford T165-S
- About $170. So far, they sound great. Only complaint if I'm being picky is where the tweeters are. Wish the c6 had a mount higher up like on the A pillar, but no fault on the speaker. Very happy with them.

Rear Stage: Rockford T152
- About $100. Had to hack up the back side of interior plastic panels around the grills to make them fit, but wasn't too bad. Another option is to totally delete the rears. If you keep them like I did, make sure to keep the gains low, otherwise they'll overpower the front stage and make it sound like you just installed a boombox in the hatch area.

Subs: 2 Kicker CVR104
- About $200 ($240 with the grills).

Box: Subthump 2 10" partition
- About $230.

Amp: Rockford P1000x5
- About $400

Misc: .5" MDF for false floor between waterfall and box to hide wiring (mounted crossovers and amp to back of the box), extra carpet for false floor, metra adapters for front speakers and HU, wire, sound deadening (1 box of stinger roadkill sheets and various pieces of foam/foam tape). I'm probably forgetting some stuff here...
- About $250-$300. Figured I'd include some of the hidden costs people may forget. Depending on how crazy you go on sound deadening, this cost can go up quite a bit. I stuck to mainly the hatch area and doors.

So all in, I'm at $1900, but you already have the box and subs, so that puts you at a little less than $1500 and if you delete the rear stage, even lower. Just keep in mind this assumes you're doing the complete install. Otherwise, once labor factors in, the prices go up pretty dramatically.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: C6 help with amp