C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

SEARCH FOR EXPORT C1 & C2 CORVETTES

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 07:45 AM
export corvette
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEARCH FOR EXPORT C1 & C2 CORVETTES

I would appreciate any information or photos on any C1 or C2 Corvettes
known to be exported out of the Unites States by General Motors. The
European Exports are identified, in most cases, by a GM homologation
plate (2nd ID plate) in the engine compartment. Also these Corvettes may been converted to speedometer lens reading in kilometers instead of MPH. These Corvettes also may have other GM export modifications such as additional reflectors, larger cut outs for rear license plates, side marker lights and Euro head lamps. In rare cases unusual paint colors, interior or soft top fabrics, odd badges or wheel covers. The Canadian Exports have speedo lens with MPH. It is common that these Exports had VIP owners and a special history to them. I have owned two of these early exports and have collected data and pictures on 40 plus C1-C2 Exports. Among the interesting “finds” over the years have been Export Corvettes owned by the Prince of Sweden(‘56), several Corvettes (‘67)owned by the King of Belgium, a Corvette owned by the King of Jordan and a ‘57 owned by an U S Ambassador. Many of the Exports are now located back in the United States. I am also interested in any GM Export Sales Literature. Any tips, leads, or information would be appreciated.
Attached Images    
Old 11-10-2005, 01:45 PM
Michaelw
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi,

The first 1964 model in the www.c2registry.org with the VIN nr 000000 is an export corvette from France.

I found it for sale in Zevenbergen - The Netherlands because I was interested in a coupe model. The car came form a private collection. I do not know if the car is still for sale, if you want I can send you around 6 pictures of the car I shot.

Regards

Michael
Old 11-10-2005, 04:34 PM
chris ritchie
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

I remember reading about and seeing pictures of the '56 that went to the king or a prince in Sweden. Where is that car today?
Old 11-10-2005, 06:26 PM
splidecision63
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 59 vette in Italy

There was a 59 white corvette convertible on e bay on nov.4, 2005. This person was definitely a fraud. He was asking $6400.00 for it and he would ship it to the US from Italy. I have a little more info. if this is what kind of info you are looking for.
His e mail is below

drl243tr@hotmail.com
Old 11-10-2005, 08:20 PM
export corvette
Cruising

Thanks for the info, yes please send me the pictures by email as time permits. I mailed to you today, A CD with the complete export database to date. Thanks Jimmy
Old 11-10-2005, 08:45 PM
export corvette
Cruising

Default Export Corvettes

Originally Posted by geo1rem
There was a 59 white corvette convertible on e bay on nov.4, 2005. This person was definitely a fraud. He was asking $6400.00 for it and he would ship it to the US from Italy. I have a little more info. if this is what kind of info you are looking for.
His e mail is below

drl243tr@hotmail.com
Thanks for the information. I will try to retrieve the info from EBay ad. I'll also drop an email to him and see what he has to share on this Corvette. This is the type of information I am seeking. I have a data base on approximatly 50 export Corvettes. In the data base (in Excel spreadsheet) I keep the serial numbers, GM plant exported to, photos of the Corvette and any unusual export options. I try to list current owners and address plus any history on the Corvette. I have only one 1959 Corvette in the database. It is a 1959 white Corvette convertible. It was last reported to be owned by two brothers here in the United States. This Corvette was shipped to GM Switzerland. The Corvette does display the Swiss GM homologation plate on the firewall. The most unusual export modification is the placement of the Swiss GM emblem in the center of the grill. The center grill tooth is replaced with the emblem. The photo here was taken at the 1977 NCRS Indy meet. Thanks for your interest and help. If you would like to have a copy of the database on a CD mailed to you, no charge, please email to me your mail address. Thanks Jimmy
Attached Images    
Old 11-10-2005, 09:32 PM
export corvette
Cruising

Originally Posted by chris ritchie
I remember reading about and seeing pictures of the '56 that went to the king or a prince in Sweden. Where is that car today?
Hi, thanks for your interest in this subject. This is one of my favorite Export Corvettes I have researched over the years. It is most likely the best known Export as GM made a big public relations splash when this Corvette was exported to Prince Bertil in May 1956. The Corvette was featured in many U S and European auto magazines of the day. The serial number is reported to be #41, 1956 year. The GM design studio was new at the time. I understand the Corvette was modified here in the GM center and then shipped to the GM plant in Sweden. I was given photos by General Motors showing several photos of Prince Bertil taking delivery of the Corvette from Charles Keattering (?). The Prince later sold the Corvette. The Corvette changed hands several times as I recall. The Club Corvette Sweden advised me around 1980 that the Corvette was owned by Lars Tidblom of Sundbbery, Sweden. I wrote to Lars and later received a packet of information on the Corvette, plus a picture. I recall I was advised Lars had "taken off" many of the special modifications installed for the Prince. He had made other modifications which made the Corvette a drag strip racer. The note went on and on listing all the things that had been added. Examples were a motor, trans, special wheels and a special paint job. Of special interest, he had saved the items removed from the car. Over the years I heard "bits and pieces" about the Corvette. I never heard that any attemp had been made to restore the Corvette to its original state. About a month ago I heard from a forum member that Lars Tidblom passed away about 2 years ago. The car had passed to his family members. The Club Corvette Sweden could probably give us an update. This Corvette and some great photos are featured in several hardback Corvette Books for sale. Check out the book entitled "America's Star Spangled Sports Car" by Karl Ludvigsen. The Corvette is mentioned on page 53. Also a color picture is also featured elsewhere in the book. This car was built while the 1958 Corvette was being styled, note the rear bars on the trunk that became production on the '58 Corvette. Also note the gold V which later was on the front of the '57 Chevy. Thanks for your intrest and help, Jimmy
Attached Images      
Old 11-10-2005, 10:04 PM
rene-paul
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 60 Posts

Do not forget Hawaii; I bought a 63 vert in 75, bank auction, estate sale. Base eng with powerglide, leather seats AND heater delete. As far as I know I am the second owner. I believe Corvettes shipped to Hawaii dealers were considered export models. I know who the original owner was. Older gentleman Outrigger Canoe Club member, car never abused. $3,797.77 bid closed on my birthday. What a present!
Old 11-10-2005, 10:12 PM
SebringBill
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Jimmy,

Got the info! Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for nifty stuff!
Old 11-10-2005, 11:08 PM
splidecision63
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by export corvette
Thanks for the information. I will try to retrieve the info from EBay ad. I'll also drop an email to him and see what he has to share on this Corvette. This is the type of information I am seeking. I have a data base on approximatly 50 export Corvettes. In the data base (in Excel spreadsheet) I keep the serial numbers, GM plant exported to, photos of the Corvette and any unusual export options. I try to list current owners and address plus any history on the Corvette. I have only one 1959 Corvette in the database. It is a 1959 white Corvette convertible. It was last reported to be owned by two brothers here in the United States. This Corvette was shipped to GM Switzerland. The Corvette does display the Swiss GM homologation plate on the firewall. The most unusual export modification is the placement of the Swiss GM emblem in the center of the grill. The center grill tooth is replaced with the emblem. The photo here was taken at the 1977 NCRS Indy meet. Thanks for your interest and help. If you would like to have a copy of the database on a CD mailed to you, no charge, please email to me your mail address. Thanks Jimmy

Be caeful, this guy is trying to scam someone who is not familiar with the proper bidding procedures with e bay. Just remember, if it sounds to be to good to be true. It is, don't buy anything unless you check with e bay security.
I have found several fraud attempts on e bay so
be aware. Don't loose your money.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:31 PM
export corvette
Cruising

Thanks Jimmy
Old 11-11-2005, 12:31 PM
export corvette
Cruising

Originally Posted by SebringBill
Hi Jimmy,

Got the info! Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for nifty stuff!
great, jimmy
Old 11-11-2005, 08:15 PM
splidecision63
Le Mans Master

Here is my last receiveed e mail from the person in Italy.

Dear sir,

here is my name and address for the money transfer.you will use as location
Italy.
Name:Caine Pulos Rapciug
Address: VIA Toscani 19
City:Brescia
Zip:20146
If you are being asked why you are transferring the money, tell them that
you are transferring them to a friend not to make a business because they
will extra charge me when i will go o pick up the money.
After you've completed the transfer you will receive a confirmation that
will alow me to track the transfer.Here are the details that i need:
-sender name and address
-receiver name
-exact amount wired
-MTCN # (10 digits)
-if it is possible a scanned copy of the receipt format .JPEG for me to add
to the files
in the same mail you will send me your shipping adress to start the shipping
ptocedure asap.
let me know
Old 11-12-2005, 07:26 AM
export corvette
Cruising

Originally Posted by geo1rem
Here is my last receiveed e mail from the person in Italy.

Dear sir,

here is my name and address for the money transfer.you will use as location
Italy.
Name:Caine Pulos Rapciug
Address: VIA Toscani 19
City:Brescia
Zip:20146
If you are being asked why you are transferring the money, tell them that
you are transferring them to a friend not to make a business because they
will extra charge me when i will go o pick up the money.
After you've completed the transfer you will receive a confirmation that
will alow me to track the transfer.Here are the details that i need:
-sender name and address
-receiver name
-exact amount wired
-MTCN # (10 digits)
-if it is possible a scanned copy of the receipt format .JPEG for me to add
to the files
in the same mail you will send me your shipping adress to start the shipping
ptocedure asap.
let me know
Looks like a scam to me ??
Old 11-12-2005, 10:59 AM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Looks like a scam to me ??
CLASSIC scam!
Old 01-23-2018, 03:06 PM
Harry Hood
Instructor

Received 104 Likes on 36 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Default My export south africa 1965 fi

I would appreciate any information or photos on any C1 or C2 Corvettes
known to be exported out of the Unites States by General Motors. The
European Exports are identified, in most cases, by a GM homologation
plate (2nd ID plate) in the engine compartment. Also these Corvettes may been converted to speedometer lens reading in kilometers instead of MPH. These Corvettes also may have other GM export modifications such as additional reflectors, larger cut outs for rear license plates, side marker lights and Euro head lamps. In rare cases unusual paint colors, interior or soft top fabrics, odd badges or wheel covers. The Canadian Exports have speedo lens with MPH. It is common that these Exports had VIP owners and a special history to them. I have owned two of these early exports and have collected data and pictures on 40 plus C1-C2 Exports. Among the interesting “finds” over the years have been Export Corvettes owned by the Prince of Sweden(‘56), several Corvettes (‘67)owned by the King of Belgium, a Corvette owned by the King of Jordan and a ‘57 owned by an U S Ambassador. Many of the Exports are now located back in the United States. I am also interested in any GM Export Sales Literature. Any tips, leads, or information would be appreciated.
My 1965 export South Africa FI coupe. my email -harryhood67@msn.com cell 574-361-5672
Attached Images    
Old 01-24-2018, 06:09 AM
Bowtie73
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

'63 Z06 exported to Australia as Right Hand Drive.
Saw it over 25 yrs ago, met owner here in Perth, Western Australia when I was a teenager and he showed me collection (he had a '59 I was interested in buying at the time).
Has since returned to USA, now for sale at Pro Team, see their website.
Article link here https://www.motor1.com/news/78433/th...ill-a-mystery/
Old 01-24-2018, 08:29 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Answering thread that’s been dormant for 13 years.

Get notified of new replies

To SEARCH FOR EXPORT C1 & C2 CORVETTES

Quick Reply: SEARCH FOR EXPORT C1 & C2 CORVETTES