Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

NEW Corvette club MUrfreesboro TN area!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Jay76
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Corvette club MUrfreesboro TN area!!!!

Hey, just wanted to let you know that there is a new Corvette club starting up in the Murfreesboro TN area. If you are interested please P.M. me for more info. First meeting is Feb 27th. Looking foward to hearing from all of you.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:24 PM
filmjay
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '10

I'm from Franklin, I might be interested.

Are you just trying to throw together a new club, or are you planning on associating w/ NCCR? Cuz, you do know there's already a Nashville Corvette Club don't ya? The largest Corvette club in the SE and frequently holds events.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Jay76
Instructor

I am very aware of the Nashville club, but there are a lot of people like me who do not want to drive over an hour each way monthly to a club meeting. As far as affiliation with NCCR I am not sure yet. That is one thing we will talk about at the meeting. If you are interested PM me, we would love to have ya. By the way this is not going to be a "throw together" club. Thanks for inquiring.

Originally Posted by filmjay
I'm from Franklin, I might be interested.

Are you just trying to throw together a new club, or are you planning on associating w/ NCCR? Cuz, you do know there's already a Nashville Corvette Club don't ya? The largest Corvette club in the SE and frequently holds events.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:06 AM
MDR1970
Pro

I spoke with Jay in length about the club and the type of events that he has in mind. I think we already have the Corvette Expo as a possibity along with a run up the Tail of the Dragon Im in and so are 4 other local guys with Vettes. We are always getting together on pretty days and going for cruises around Mid Tn. Some great roads around here to get out and let the cars stretch there legs.

Looking foward to the first meeting
Old 02-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Jay76
Instructor

Bump
Old 02-10-2010, 08:51 PM
mike85mph
Pro

just my thoughts on the value of the NCCR. Many clubs join because they offer insurance for the club, but in reality, $1Million in insurance is probably not nearly enough to feel safe, and it really means your membership dues are expensive because they charge so much per member and you have to include that. Just my opinion, but I'm not sure the best club is a "non-club" - just friends with Corvettes. Another way for consideration is to form it as a non-profit corporation, and do charity work and donate all excess funds every year. Consult your lawyer as to how to be best protected. There's paperwork involved that must be renewed every year if you go this route and I think some fees too. All are valid ways to have a club (or a non-club!), but many folks starting a club don't think about all their choices.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:52 AM
yamahajo
Race Director

Cruise-In 9-10-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10,-'13
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by mike85mph
just my thoughts on the value of the NCCR. Many clubs join because they offer insurance for the club, but in reality, $1Million in insurance is probably not nearly enough to feel safe, and it really means your membership dues are expensive because they charge so much per member and you have to include that. Just my opinion, but I'm not sure the best club is a "non-club" - just friends with Corvettes. Another way for consideration is to form it as a non-profit corporation, and do charity work and donate all excess funds every year. Consult your lawyer as to how to be best protected. There's paperwork involved that must be renewed every year if you go this route and I think some fees too. All are valid ways to have a club (or a non-club!), but many folks starting a club don't think about all their choices.
This is why most people avoid the whole 'corvette club' thing. I know it's why I do. Not many people want to mess with meetings, dues, membership fees, etc. The good part about this forum is everyone can come to any event they want, and we don't charge a dime.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Formula Outlaw
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll definitely be there....

Not in my car though....
Old 02-17-2010, 01:53 PM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Granby, MA Talladega Super Speedway Vettes 4 Vets Ambassador
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Middle TN Events Coordinator
Cruise-In 1, 3, 9. 10 & 11 Veteran

Well I could give my experience meeting with a few members of the Nashville Corvette Club last year at some car shows and then the beginning of this year, but being this is a public forum and Iam a nice guy I'll plead the 5th...(the whole if ya don't have anything nice to say...don't say anything at all) lol. If anybody is interested PM me for the lil story lol

Jay I just PM'd ya!
Old 02-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Formula Outlaw
Burning Brakes

Ttt
Old 02-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Formula Outlaw
Burning Brakes

This Saturday sports fans...
Old 02-25-2010, 10:06 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by yamahajo
This is why most people avoid the whole 'corvette club' thing. I know it's why I do. Not many people want to mess with meetings, dues, membership fees, etc. The good part about this forum is everyone can come to any event they want, and we don't charge a dime.

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
I'll definitely be there....

Not in my car though....
Sounds good russ will try to make it if not I sure will one soon man. By the way great talking with you tonight.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Jay76
Instructor

Hope all of you can make it....thanks Russ for helping me out with this thing.

Originally Posted by robert miller

Sounds good russ will try to make it if not I sure will one soon man. By the way great talking with you tonight.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:42 AM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by yamahajo
well we are hoping that the "club" ends up turning into simply a meeting place for corvette friends to organize ideas and thoughts to make events happen. I would say it sounds more like just vette buddies meeting up then it does a full blown expensive car club. I agree with you...I too have avoided those type of clubs just because Iam still young and have a very busy lifestyle. Maybe ones I retire I might get into one of those...but that is a lonngggggggggg time away lol

See ya tomorrow Jay and others!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:49 PM
HP_Addict
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree, the best clubs are friends meeting up with common interests and hanging out and talking cars. I don't need to pay dues to talk cars. I'll save that money for more mods.

When is the next gathering?
Old 03-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Formula Outlaw
Burning Brakes

What I gathered from the meeting was the interest in having an "informal" type of club. Something to the tune of what XtremeVette was speaking of (great to meet you and what a nice car you've got...

I believe the next "meeting" will be at a localized event, maybe at Sonic, or someplace, "Jay" will let us know.

Though in my own humble opinion, I also like the idea of meeting up back at the First Bank, or somewhere, maybe to share some pizza and just throw ideas around.

Between Offshore Boating and cars, I've been involved in many club, organizations, etc., and like most everything else, it becomes what we make it....

Let me know what I can do to help out in any way....
Old 03-03-2010, 02:14 PM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
What I gathered from the meeting was the interest in having an "informal" type of club. Something to the tune of what XtremeVette was speaking of (great to meet you and what a nice car you've got...

I believe the next "meeting" will be at a localized event, maybe at Sonic, or someplace, "Jay" will let us know.

Though in my own humble opinion, I also like the idea of meeting up back at the First Bank, or somewhere, maybe to share some pizza and just throw ideas around.

Between Offshore Boating and cars, I've been involved in many club, organizations, etc., and like most everything else, it becomes what we make it....

Let me know what I can do to help out in any way....
Thanks and I agree...can't wait for the next meeting to share some new ideas.

As per what Jay mentioned...Are you heading up to Bowling Green for the C5/C6 Bash? You don't have to have a C5 or C6 to attend. You in fact don't technically have to even pay just to show up and hang out with everybody. It's Corvettes, friends and if we get enough people from our little club...a gathering place for us. Should be a lot of fun.

Oh yeh...not sure if you were confusing me with Mark (the one who had the 2002 Electron Blue Cammed Car that we were all eyeing in the parking lot. Mine is in the middle of getting some mods done to it and I wasn't able to bring her to the meeting.

Jeff

Get notified of new replies

To NEW Corvette club MUrfreesboro TN area!!!!

Old 01-20-2018, 09:50 PM
1966sting
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

i have an interest. i am more of lets meet and hang out and talk cars. sometimes too busy for meeting and never have time for dinner.

feel free to PM me.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:40 AM
NashvilleGrandSport
Melting Slicks

Received 715 Likes on 483 Posts

Please PM me too.

I'm a Nashville Corvette Club member, and belong to 4 other clubs (3 AACA and Middle TN Z Club) too.

Is meeting January 27, or February 27

Just notified this thread was started in 2010. Guess the new Corvette club was short lived.

Not paying attention...

Last edited by NashvilleGrandSport; 01-22-2018 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:39 PM
NashvilleGrandSport
Melting Slicks

Received 715 Likes on 483 Posts

See above...
Old thread.

Quick Reply: NEW Corvette club MUrfreesboro TN area!!!!