C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

95 LT1 ashtray door

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 08:48 PM
jimlynn1
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 LT1 ashtray door

My ashtray door became jammed the other day and as I pushed down to open it, I heard the snap of the plastic hinge breaking. Tried to mend it with epoxy but it broke a couple of days later .I can't find a replacement anywhere . Help!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:19 AM
C4CalVet
Heel & Toe

I have the same problem with my '93. Hope someone has a place to go for these.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Docderek05
Racer

I bought the whole new console for my 94, from Zip-corvette.com
it was about an hour to replace the old with the new, I was replacing a few interior parts that the previous owner just sprayed full of adhesive for a dashkit. My ash-door was wiped, it's a pretty flimsy design. Anyway..the new console cover looks great, and I put the LT1 plaque with the engine specs on the new door, I don't smoke, so it reminds me to NOT open the damn thing and leave it for the next owner to break!
the bayonet mount that the spring is on is very weak, unfortunately.

Best, Derek.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:47 PM
tlong
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You have to get the whole console cover. The door hits the lighter and snags, then just breaks. I bought another one from the now defunct partsladi and had a friend put her elbow through it trying to get frisky. The new one did the same until I dremeled the hinge to clear and really treat it with caution. Totally cheap design. The new Dulso doesn't match exactly but it's all we got.

I keep all the plastic slathered with 303 to buy time. The one my friend broke was worth it.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:48 PM
chadk
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tlong
You have to get the whole console cover. The door hits the lighter and snags, then just breaks. I bought another one from the now defunct partsladi and had a friend put her elbow through it trying to get frisky. The new one did the same until I dremeled the hinge to clear and really treat it with caution. Totally cheap design. The new Dulso doesn't match exactly but it's all we got.

I keep all the plastic slathered with 303 to buy time. The one my friend broke was worth it.
Still with her? haha. Good one.

Any new parts out there? CC wants around 60 bucks for a new one. rip-off
Old 04-26-2017, 11:19 PM
tlong
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The latest replacement came from ebay at a cool $120. However the hinge for the door has been redesigned and works well. Replaced the window for auto and man it looks good. This is my 3rd one.

Do NOT out any goo, shine, restorer on it or the coating will disolve.

Get notified of new replies

To 95 LT1 ashtray door

Quick Reply: 95 LT1 ashtray door