C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engineered Cooling Products Aluminum Radiator

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 05:39 AM
slant
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Engineered Cooling Products Aluminum Radiator

http://www.speedcooling.com/Radiator...r/prod_41.html

Anyone have any experience with these guys ?
Do they fit decent ?
The price sure is decent !

Old 08-01-2012, 11:52 AM
slant
Drifting

Nobody ?
Old 08-01-2012, 12:55 PM
sarrojm
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do a search for the previous thread on this. I installed one this Spring and it has performed well. Saw a real difference in the temps. Fitment was good except for the close spacing of the two small tunes at the top.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:55 PM
slant
Drifting

I did a search before I posted and there wasn't any real info
Old 08-01-2012, 06:03 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 76 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by slant
http://www.speedcooling.com/Radiator...r/prod_41.html

Anyone have any experience with these guys ?
Do they fit decent ?
The price sure is decent !

At that price, they must be made offshore. There are a number of trusted(and more importantly proven) radiator manufactuers. You get what you pay for in this arena.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:07 PM
slant
Drifting

So you are saying they are 1/4 to 1/3 the quality at 1/4 to 1/3 the price ?
Old 08-01-2012, 06:12 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

So you are saying they are 1/4 to 1/3 the quality at 1/4 to 1/3 the price ?
I'm saying...do your homework. I'm one of those weirdo's, who doesn't my paying more for a high quality American made product. For my C2 or C5, it's DeWitts......no contest.
The following users liked this post:
doors6767 (12-24-2018)
Old 08-01-2012, 06:23 PM
slant
Drifting

Originally Posted by lucky131969
I'm saying...do your homework. I'm one of those weirdo's, who doesn't my paying more for a high quality American made product. For my C2 or C5, it's DeWitts......no contest.
Well this is doing my homework.

I don't mind paying for quality either.
Having said that , I prefer to pay a fair price and 600-800 is CRAZY
A regular aluminum rad is around 200 bucks and they are made in America.
A 400-600 corvette tax seemed a bit excessive.

I am looking due to the fact some people I know want me to change their stock ones out.

PS , I have a DeWitts in mine now

Last edited by slant; 08-01-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:31 PM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

Ive been looking at ECP as well. Seen a couple pro touring guys that like them. They specialize in making radiators for hot rods and classics but offer them for C4 and C5's, also LS1 Camaros.

Last edited by C5Natie; 08-01-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:51 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Received 627 Likes on 324 Posts

I bought one and you can have it for $150 plus shipping. I purchased it to see what you could get for $219. I was going to do a full comparison and post a write up but I realized that nobody would believe the comments from a vendor. It looks real nice (which means nothing) and the fan shroud mounts without any problem. It is clearly made in China (based on the price and packaging) as I can't purchase the materials for this price. Corvette Tax?, no. It's just the cost of doing business in the USA, with USA materials, and local labor. If you compare our pricing with the major US brand names, we come out looking pretty competitive.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:00 PM
slant
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tom DeWitt
I bought one and you can have it for $150 plus shipping. I purchased it to see what you could get for $219. I was going to do a full comparison and post a write up but I realized that nobody would believe the comments from a vendor. It looks real nice (which means nothing) and the fan shroud mounts without any problem. It is clearly made in China (based on the price and packaging) as I can't purchase the materials for this price. Corvette Tax?, no. It's just the cost of doing business in the USA, with USA materials, and local labor. If you compare our pricing with the major US brand names, we come out looking pretty competitive.
Post the write-up or send it in a PM.
I'd love to hear your take on it
Old 08-01-2012, 07:02 PM
repman
Instructor

Tom , I have one of your radiators and am more than happy with the performance it offers for a fair price . I am glad to be able to purchase Made in America! Thanks for doing your part and keeping your product here, our part is to support those that do.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:11 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by repman
Tom , I have one of your radiators and am more than happy with the performance it offers for a fair price . I am glad to be able to purchase Made in America! Thanks for doing your part and keeping your product here, our part is to support those that do.
SGMP (08-30-2018)
Old 08-01-2012, 07:15 PM
slant
Drifting

I'm happy with mine too but that still doesn't change my mind about wanting info.
SGMP (08-30-2018)
Old 08-01-2012, 07:23 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

I'm happy with mine too but that still doesn't change my mind about wanting info.
Why not call Tom, and have a discussion with him?
SGMP (08-30-2018)
Old 08-01-2012, 07:25 PM
slant
Drifting

Originally Posted by lucky131969
Why not call Tom, and have a discussion with him?
Waiting for his PM and also need to contact potential buyer for his first .
Old 08-01-2012, 08:17 PM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

Is it for a manual or auto?

Get notified of new replies

To Engineered Cooling Products Aluminum Radiator

Old 08-01-2012, 10:25 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Waiting for his PM and also need to contact potential buyer for his first .
I don't PM because I forget to check for them. Email works much better for me tom@dewitts.com I think the radiator I have is a manual, not sure I'll have to check.

As far as the report goes, there isn't one. I unpacked it, mounted a factory fan shroud on the clips to see if it fit, and with a little work it did. I didn't even pressure test it. As I said earlier, a report by me on a competitors radiator would be worthless and I decided not to waste my time. Is the ECP radiator as good as our, no. Is it worth $219, absolutely. Nothing I could ever say would push someone on the fence to pay three times the china price. The Ebay buyer is not our customer base and you will never see us selling there. Ipads are the most expensive tablets made and yet they have 60% of the market. Most people want the premium product but not everyone. That's just the way it is.

Slant, if you sell multiple radiators you should get on our dealer program. Call Christyn and ask about the details

Last edited by Tom@Dewitt; 08-01-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:10 AM
All_Motor_C5LS6
Drifting

I don't PM because I forget to check for them. Email works much better for me tom@dewitts.com I think the radiator I have is a manual, not sure I'll have to check.

As far as the report goes, there isn't one. I unpacked it, mounted a factory fan shroud on the clips to see if it fit, and with a little work it did. I didn't even pressure test it. As I said earlier, a report by me on a competitors radiator would be worthless and I decided not to waste my time. Is the ECP radiator as good as our, no. Is it worth $219, absolutely. Nothing I could ever say would push someone on the fence to pay three times the china price. The Ebay buyer is not our customer base and you will never see us selling there. Ipads are the most expensive tablets made and yet they have 60% of the market. Most people want the premium product but not everyone. That's just the way it is.

Slant, if you sell multiple radiators you should get on our dealer program. Call Christyn and ask about the details
I'm curious as to why you feel the ECP radiator isn't as good your product offered without having being tested. Is your opinion based solely on asthetics?
Old 08-02-2012, 12:51 AM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by All_Motor_C5LS6
I'm curious as to why you feel the ECP radiator isn't as good your product offered without having being tested. Is your opinion based solely on asthetics?
It's part of it but not the only reason. I have a download on our website
http://www.dewitts.com/download/WhyDeWitts.pdf that explains what we do. It is quite lengthy and my web guy says it's too long and people will get bored reading it. I said he is wrong, nobody reads it at all but if you scan this document you will notice that it is eight (8) pages long and the first (7) are about how we make the cores, before we build the radiator. It is the quality of the core that determines the quality of the radiator. Seven pages of crap and we didn't mention that we use a triple alloy tube with 4343OD for brazing, 3003 center, and 7072 inside surface to prevent corrosion. Most cores today use .013 wall tubes and .003 fin, we use .015 wall tubes and .005 fin. Our burst pressures are 50% higher as a result. A core can look great and have no internal tube-to-fin bond due to a poor brazed core. The process is not rocket science it just requires a good degree of process controls and QC checks to make sure every step is followed. Skip one step, and you could end up with crap.

The ECP radiator I have is a manual and I'd sell it for $150 plus shipping. I also have an A97A DeWitt radiator that has a dent in the end tank. This fits 97-00 with Automatic. You can have this one for $350

Last edited by Tom@Dewitt; 08-02-2012 at 10:13 AM. Reason: added radiators
SGMP (08-30-2018)

Quick Reply: Engineered Cooling Products Aluminum Radiator