C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** Special on Magnuson Heartbeat this Fall **

Old 10-16-2013, 10:46 AM
0Matt@Magnuson
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *** Special on Magnuson Heartbeat this Fall **

Hey everyone - if you've been waiting to get a Heartbeat system, now's the time. We're running a special right now on our Heartbeat system for C6 Corvette. Between now and Thanksgiving, Heartbeat is $700 off. Contact your local dealer for details!

Here's the flyer:

Popular Reply

12-29-2019, 09:12 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Well, first pass on the nitrous today, it ran the number I’ve been working so hard to get, even though it spun pretty good at mid-track where the surface is pretty sketchy, and I had to drive it through it, because it started to slide around a little bit. Part of the deal, I guess. No guts, no glory. No nuts, no story...
Other than that, it was a flawless pass, with a decent but fluctuating AFR and reduced timing (15.5*).
It’s got some more in it for sure, especially if I go up on the jetting a tad.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:03 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,336 Likes on 945 Posts

Will a "tuner" version be available? IE, no tune or injectors included. Maybe available with pulley of choice?
Old 10-17-2013, 10:43 AM
0Matt@Magnuson
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by old motorhead
Will a "tuner" version be available? IE, no tune or injectors included. Maybe available with pulley of choice?
Yes, you can order any of our kits with no tune, and you can do an injector delete though the lead times are longer. We also sell pulley upgrades for Heartbeat. Just drop us a line at sales@magnusonproducts.com with your specs.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Sativa
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What size injectors are included?
What size pulleys are available and what psi/hp would I get with each size on an LS3 with headers?
Old 10-25-2013, 11:16 AM
0Matt@Magnuson
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sativa
What size injectors are included?
What size pulleys are available and what psi/hp would I get with each size on an LS3 with headers?
The injectors are LS-9 injectors and the pulley is a 96MM (3.78") pulley, which will give you about 6 psi. the smallest pulley you can run on the Corvette version is an 81MM (3.19")

Best thing to do is to order a couple of different pulleys to try when you dyno-tune the car so you can figure out what works best with your setup. I can't say for sure where you would end up in boost as it depends on the headers and other factors.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:53 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 109 Likes on 100 Posts

Any talk of an ls2 version?
Old 02-25-2015, 02:30 PM
0MagnusonSuperchargers
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cathedral head heartbeat...

Hey I just wanted to let you guys know that the Cathedral port setup has been discussed but we cannot currently support it with the heartbeat kit. We do have a company by the name of Hawks Third Generation that is making adapter plates to bolt the Heartbeat onto the Cathedral heads. I know they are going to be fitting one on a car shortly . Their number is (864)855-2694 if you have any questions about purchasing the adapters or fitment.

Originally Posted by C U IN REARVEIW
Any talk of an ls2 version?
Old 02-25-2015, 10:13 PM
monsta01
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Buy some LS3 heads. Easy peasy. I'll sell you mine
Old 02-26-2015, 10:00 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by monsta01
Buy some LS3 heads. Easy peasy. I'll sell you mine
Yep, I bet those adaptors aren't cheap either. Plus, they will raise the height of the blower when there really isn't much room under there. Plus, plus, LS3 heads are a very nice upgrade over the LS2 units .
Old 02-26-2015, 08:34 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Does Magnuson offer the 81mm pulley in 8 rib? If so, can it work with the IW 8 rib O/D kit like the one ECS offers:
http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.co...ategory_id=203
What kind of boost could I expect to see with a setup like that on a mild cammed LS3?
Old 02-27-2015, 04:38 AM
monsta01
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CI GS
Does Magnuson offer the 81mm pulley in 8 rib? If so, can it work with the IW 8 rib O/D kit like the one ECS offers:
What kind of boost could I expect to see with a setup like that on a mild cammed LS3?
I have the 81mm 6 rib. Last I checked they didn't make the 81mm in 8 rib. So far I don't see any slip on my setup.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:48 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by monsta01
I have the 81mm 6 rib. Last I checked they didn't make the 81mm in 8 rib. So far I don't see any slip on my setup.
Okay. Thanks man. You're running an 8" damper right? And around 12psi? Man, I would really like to see how your car would ET with a good converter. You might have problems hooking it then though.
The following users liked this post:
TRSCobra (11-05-2018)
Old 02-27-2015, 07:57 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

I know member m_LeDez has an overdriven crank pulley with an 8 rib setup on his Heartbeat. Not sure what blower pulley he's using though.

You'd better have one serious 6L80 if you plan to use a higher stall converter. It's probably twisting 600 ft/lbs at the stock stall speed.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:18 PM
0MagnusonSuperchargers
Former Vendor

Default 81mm

hey guys ...in an 8 rib we only have 80MM and 85MM , we haven't used those on the Corvette systems we have only used them on the LSA kits.

Originally Posted by CI GS
Old 02-27-2015, 09:21 PM
Enterprisehunter
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Does the Heartbeat require a upgraded fuel pump? Is there a place to see all the options offered for the Heartbeat?
Old 02-28-2015, 12:41 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by old motorhead
I know member m_LeDez has an overdriven crank pulley with an 8 rib setup on his Heartbeat. Not sure what blower pulley he's using though.

You'd better have one serious 6L80 if you plan to use a higher stall converter. It's probably twisting 600 ft/lbs at the stock stall speed.
Thanks Rodney. I've started looking at this Heartbeat blower again, and you and monsta01 have me thinking this thing has real potential if you can somehow get it to spin fast enough to make serious boost. If I can get ~650 RWHP out of it, I'll be more than happy.
I hear you on the trans. I'm going to do a cam package install first and I'm pretty sure that when I go with the supercharger I will pull the trans out and get the converter restalled and have Century build the trans for me.
I have to say though, that I'm a believer in the 6L80, although it gets a lot of negative press on here. The one in my 08 AWD Sierra Denali has suffered a ton of abuse from me and is still going strong. By abuse, I mean that I've run it with up to a 200 shot of nitrous, launching it at full whack, spinning all 4 wheels violently out of the hole, with a Yank 3200 stall. I have hundreds of 1/8 and high speed passes on it, most of them with nitrous and with no torque management in the TCM tune. IIRC, the truck weighs around 5750 lbs with me in it, and I have a Mast VVT cam, ARH 1 7/8" headers and a Vararam intake and it ran a best of 7.84 in the 1/8, with the factory GY LS2 tires (BTW: the frickin factory 20 inches wheel and tire weigh in at 83 lbs a piece!!).
I've also used it to tow my Haulmark race car trailer with a tons of tools and gear in it to the track and then race it on spray at the same event. The truck has around 35000 miles on it now and the trans still works like a charm, even after the TCC in the Yank fried, and I had to reinstall the factory converter. So, yeah, I beleive in the 6L80.
I think the biggest problem with the A6 in the Vettes is heat. My truck came with a TF cooler, so it never sees over 175 TFTs. I think that if we keep the trans temps down around that level, the 6L80 would prove to be more durable than even most of the built 4L65s.
Nonetheless, I am pretty sure that I'm going to go with a Century built trans when I go FI. Or wait until it blows and call them then!
Thanks again and I'll most likely be hitting you up again for some more advice soon!
Old 02-28-2015, 12:45 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by MagnusonSuperchargers
hey guys ...in an 8 rib we only have 80MM and 85MM , we haven't used those on the Corvette systems we have only used them on the LSA kits.
Thanks! I take it then that the 80mm pulley will bolt right on to the Vette Heartbeat blower?
If so, then the ultimate pulley setup for it would then appear to be an 8" 8-rib IW damper and the 80mm 8-rib blower pulley?

Get notified of new replies

To *** Special on Magnuson Heartbeat this Fall **

Old 02-28-2015, 12:47 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Enterprisehunter
Does the Heartbeat require a upgraded fuel pump? Is there a place to see all the options offered for the Heartbeat?
Old 03-02-2015, 10:54 AM
0MagnusonSuperchargers
Former Vendor

Default Fuel pump

We don't include a fuel pump but supply a fuel pump booster in the LS-7 kits but it isn't needed in the LS-3 kits at 6 PSI . At higher boost levels you will need to upgrade your fuel system but we haven't tested to see what that exact boost level is. My personal opinion is if you are going to upgrade your fuel system don't skimp just buy a better pump , not saying fuel pumps don't fail, but you aren't adding one more part that could fail like a booster. As far as options go we sell the kits complete...if you have a dry sump we will include that kit at no extra charge, we have a 108 TB and inlet option and we offer a bigger manifold with bigger intercoolers <what we use on the CTS-V, Camaro> but it wont fit under the factory hood of the corvette. Please feel free to email me at Garrett.Harmon@magnusonproducts.com if you have any further questions .

Originally Posted by Enterprisehunter
Old 03-02-2015, 01:18 PM
pcruiser73
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default headers, psi and fuel pump

I am installing headers on my 13 GS vert. Will I need to swap the pulley to maintain 6 psi on the stock kit? If so will I then need to upgrade the fuel pump?

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *** Special on Magnuson Heartbeat this Fall **